Anything of late you never knew but you know now.

Edwin Starr

I recently discovered that the word approximate does not mean the same as 'exactly' but in fact means more like 'thereabouts' or 'almost but not quite'.

Nothing terrible happened like a building falling down or anything, I just overheard someone say; "But these figures are only approximate." 

The 'only' bit threw me so I checked a dictionary later.

What a life I lead. 

• Dildo 1
3 hours ago, Dal Riata Don said:

I recently discovered that the word approximate does not mean the same as 'exactly' but in fact means more like 'thereabouts' or 'almost but not quite'.

Nothing terrible happened like a building falling down or anything, I just overheard someone say; "But these figures are only approximate." 

What a life I lead. 

What the fuck, you didn’t know if somebody said it’s approximately £20 it means around about that?

3 hours ago, Dal Riata Don said:

What a life I lead. 

Mongle

4 hours ago, Dal Riata Don said:

What a life I lead. 

Thick as shit.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Dal Riata Don said:

What a life I lead. 

Is this sarcasm? 
Please tell me it is…

Famed actress Nicole Kidmans dad was done for being a pedo back in the day. Some sort of underground, higher class Epstein type thing in Australia.  

Conspiracy minded people believe that Eyes Wide Shut was Kubrick making a reference to that kind noncing, and that's why he cast Kidman. 

Something like that, I dunno. 

19 hours ago, Fridge said:

What the fuck, you didn’t know if somebody said it’s approximately £20 it means around about that?

18 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Mongle

18 hours ago, Simply Red said:

You been smoking crack with Dal Riata? 

18 hours ago, Don Fonte said:

Thick as shit.

17 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

I assumed he was joking. He was wasn't he?

17 hours ago, Fridge said:

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt

15 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Is this sarcasm? 
Please tell me it is…

Top posting lads!

When's Abz next game?

I mean an approximate day/time is enough for me.