Ryan Duncan

31 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

I never saw the penalties, how long did he have to wait for Roos?

Couldn't believe it when I read it

Good few minutes. Roos went down as soon as the Celtic penalty was taken - then the ref tried to help him up and he fell over again like a 95 year old man - then the physios came on - then eventually he got up and out of the way. Then he got nowhere near the remaining Celtic penalties anyway. He'd have been as well just lying along the goal-line.

I wonder if the physios said just get the fuck up you're hindering you own player because it was so rapid when they came over.

Yet couldn't get up when ref assisted.

Yeah, it'll piss me off forever more that.

I've watched the pens back this morning and in reality it doesn't look like we practiced them cause they weren't great. Nerves perhaps.

5 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I wonder if the physios said just get the fuck up you're hindering you own player because it was so rapid when they came over.

I've watched the pens back this morning and in reality it doesn't look like we practiced them cause they weren't great. Nerves perhaps.

I’ve watched the highlights about 20 times. Can’t bring myself to watch the pens. 

Roos should be shipped off at the earliest opportunity - delaying that pen and getting no where near any of their pens.

Plus he was shite for Forrest's goal.  Shouldn't be getting beat from that.

As for Duncan, despite the delay I thought his pen was really really unlucky.  Could easily have gone in off the inside of the post.  Probably about half an inch too wide.  Actually a better pen than some of the others which Hart should have saved cos they were pish.

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Roberto said:

The camera panned to Leven as the physios were dealing with Roos and he was telling them to get the stupid cunt out the road*

* I may have got his wording incorrect but he was definitely signalling them to get him moved

6 minutes ago, robbojunior said:

Roos should be shipped off at the earliest opportunity - delaying that pen and getting no where near any of their pens.

Plus he was shite for Forrest's goal.  Shouldn't be getting beat from that.

As for Duncan, despite the delay I thought his pen was really really unlucky.  Could easily have gone in off the inside of the post.  Probably about half an inch too wide.  Actually a better pen than some of the others which Hart should have saved cos they were pish.

Thought he was decent enough when he came on and credit to him for stepping up.

I agree with this sentiment. Might be a strange point to make given he missed but I thought it was unlucky more than a bad penalty. From memory I think MacDonald and Milne took quite poor penalties but we got away with it and Phillips' one was quite bad, but watched Duncan's back and it's just slightly too far to the right.

I don't think it makes sense for us to be looking to move on any academy graduates who are under contract just now. We've got bigger issues to deal with. Duncan probably deserves a chance or a loan under the new regime. Morris is probably one I'd understand if we tried to recoup some money for from a gullible League One/Two side. 

7 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

The camera panned to Leven as the physios were dealing with Roos and he was telling them to get the stupid cunt out the road*

* I may have got his wording incorrect but he was definitely signalling them to get him moved

Aye, I noticed that as well. Leven didn't look happy with him at all. 

2 hours ago, RUL said:

In fairness shankland himself said he wasn’t good enough for afc and it was moving club to a lower level which ultimately saved his career. 

It did, but then surely handling Duncan the same way by loaning him to a Championship or League 1 side and then the lad having to dig in a bit would work. Our fanbase are all over young lads constantly and it's like if they don't produce instantly they are disregarded. Even Lewis Ferguson used to get stick - for me it's about correct development, management and coaching - not always the young players fault (Some like Craig Storie for example were complete muppets tho!)

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, DoonTheLine said:

It did, but then surely handling Duncan the same way by loaning him to a Championship or League 1 side and then the lad having to dig in a bit would work. Our fanbase are all over young lads constantly and it's like if they don't produce instantly they are disregarded. Even Lewis Ferguson used to get stick - for me it's about correct development, management and coaching - not always the young players fault (Some like Craig Storie for example were complete muppets tho!)

That’s nonsense, the “young lads” are given a load of slack and the toxic abuse doesn’t start for a good while. 

Ferguson used to get “stick” because of his rangers connections despite clearly being one of the best midfielders we’ve had in a very long time. Also it wasn’t really “stick” it was more like “hun cunt get out of my club”etc.

Can’t say I’ve been impressed by him previously , but he went up in my estimation for putting himself forward for a pen.

However I think he’s probably just the latest version of Conor McLennan and (for older Hatters) Scott Muirhead……and a similar career trajectory lies ahead for him.

34 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

No? 

You forgetting he is a weak Aberdonian with the heart and balls of a mouse?

He stepped up to hit a penalty in a cup semi

Kudos to him

We had next to nobody left on the pitch by that point who had any modicum of technique 

I remember when he first broke into the team and looked pretty decent.

This hasn't been a good season for him but he's probably played most of his games at LWB, which isn't remotely near his natural position.

Wouldn't write him off yet given he has shown promise but next season would need a big improvement.

Wasn't expecting him to take a penalty in the first 5 (although with Miovski, Duk, Clarkson and Barron all subbed off I suppose you'd say who else might volunteer to step up). It was certainly a better struck penalty than  MacDonald's which Hart should have saved. As others have said, the Roos injury delay fiasco could only have served to make a youngster even more nervous. 

As for his future? My suspicion is that long term he probably won't make it with us. However what he does need next season is to play week in, week out. He won't get that with us barring a shitload of injuries so it'd be better shipping him out to a Championship side on loan for the full season. Might also toughen him up a bit. 

How bold would it have been to replace Roos with Doohan. Remember Dutch did it in the world cup , brought on Krull just for penalty shoot outs. No idea if Doohan is any good at penalties but Roos was never saving any. If allowed then Doohan could have stripped whilst Duncan took his penalty with no or little delay.

I was also hoping big Rubi would come on up front with to mins to go. Mean even Mr Venners was at it taking off Forest and bringing on an extra centre back- like that worked😁

• Haha 1

We're going to need a minimum of 4 wingers for Jimmy T's "gegenpress" so can't see Duncan going anywhere.  He's got a good chance of plenty minutes next season in his natural position.

If he's not cutting the mustard by Christmas then by all means stick him out on loan.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

That’s nonsense, the “young lads” are given a load of slack and the toxic abuse doesn’t start for a good while. 

Ferguson used to get “stick” because of his rangers connections despite clearly being one of the best midfielders we’ve had in a very long time. Also it wasn’t really “stick” it was more like “hun cunt get out of my club”etc.

Strange, because this thread is about Duncan being not good enough along with multiple fans i've spoke with who have already said he's shite and written him off. The lad is 20 and not even played 50 games yet totally written off by a considerable amount of fans.

This happens with a lot of the young lads and always has in respect to writing them off very very early whilst on the flip side telling them to stay because they need to develop! Strange....

• Upvote 1
Just now, DoonTheLine said:

Strange, because this thread is about Duncan being not good enough along with multiple fans i've spoke with who have already said he's shite and written him off. The lad is 20 and not even played 50 games yet totally written off by a considerable amount of fans.

This happens with a lot of the young lads and always has in respect to writing them off very very early whilst on the flip side telling them to stay because they need to develop! Strange....

Look who you're replying to min.  Half his posts are slagging Aberdeen fans for giving players a hard time, now he's arguing the opposite.  He's a contrary fud best ignored  

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
1 minute ago, NEM said:

Look who you're replying to min.  Half his posts are slagging Aberdeen fans for giving players a hard time, now he's arguing the opposite.  He's a contrary fud best ignored  

I never notice who i'm debating with haha! I'll bear it in mind!

• Upvote 1

I don't know if the rules allow but I would have changed the order when Roos caused the delay I'd have sent hoillet down due to being more experienced and moved Duncan to 5 still a pressure pen but less time thinking bout it.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, DoonTheLine said:

There’s been nothing to suggest that Ryan Duncan is going to be the required standard for this club. 

You say this happens (writing them off very early) with a lot of the young lads, such as who?

3 hours ago, NEM said:

You’re obsessed, have a day off

• Dildo 1
7 hours ago, Hoofball said:

He was telling Duncan to get away from the shit talking Hart 

1 hour ago, RDS said:

McDonald was down talking to Duncan as Roos was being a stupid cunt so I thought he was telling the physios to move Roos but you could well be correct 

1 hour ago, RDS said:

Ref should have been straight onto Hart for his antics at Duncan but that would mean he was being impartial if he did. 

Just watch refs focus on Roos for penalties compared to his focus on Hart. He was only really looking for one keeper to pull up in event of potential retakes