Ryan Duncan

Duncan has had a season of not being played in his natural position,   of having been played in a formation  that doesn't suit him.

He asked to go on loan,  3 championship  clubs were  in for him but the ear howker refused  to let him go.

Ryan asked  about  going to a premiership  club on loan only to be told " no, cos if you do well it makes me look bad" by a ear howking, ginger, neck rubbing manager  who  shall remain  nameless 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Duncan has had a season of not being played in his natural position,   of having been played in a formation  that doesn't suit him.

He asked to go on loan,  3 championship  clubs were  in for him but the ear howker refused  to let him go.

Ryan asked  about  going to a premiership  club on loan only to be told " no, cos if you do well it makes me look bad" by a ear howking, ginger, neck rubbing manager  who  shall remain  nameless 

You wouldn't have the balls to repeat that down The Ranch.

• Dildo 1
23 hours ago, pocrawred said:

Nah, I knew he would miss. 

He had the fear in his face. Or maybe that was his natural look.

What is certain though, was that my hope of winning the shoot out plummeted when I saw him with the ball in his hands.

15 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

There’s been nothing to suggest that Ryan Duncan is going to be the required standard for this club. 

Is the correct answer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
28 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

What is certain though, was that my hope of winning the shoot out plummeted when I saw him with the ball in his hands.

Exactly the same for many thousands watching...

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

Exactly the same for many thousands watching...

Yeah I like many called it before penalty was struck.

Here's the miss.

Not enough said about Phillips pen either in reality. I mean they were all shit but it was a basic pass back type pen.

39 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Here's the miss.

Not enough said about Phillips pen either in reality. I mean they were all shit but it was a basic pass back type pen.

Phillips  penalty  was a disgrace 

33 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Here's the miss.

Incredible foresight about Duncan’s penalty.

I mean who would’ve thought that a young player who’s had hardly any game time in recent months , whose latest performance a week before was embarrassingly bad and who was forced to wait an inordinate amount of time at the spot before taking the kick would miss ?

Just now, redone said:

I mean who would’ve thought that a young player who’s had hardly any game time in recent months , whose latest performance a week before was embarrassingly bad and who was forced to wait an inordinate amount of time at the spot before taking the kick would miss ?

It was more Roos behaviour.

Good chat.

1 minute ago, ericblack4boss said:

It was maybe no worse than several others in the way it was struck or placed.

MacDonald’s & Milne’s were as “bad” & Hart should’ve saved them too.

Similarly, Bernardo’s was as bad and Roos should’ve saved it.

He telegraphed where he was putting it though with his body positioning & unlikely he has the bottle or skill to lean one way & reverse it with his foot the other. 

Easy for us to comment though when we’ve not got 40,000 Tims putting us off 😆

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Hardly a disgrace.  A couple of the others weren’t much better but had some luck with Hart’s poor attempt to save them ……MacDonald and Milne , but I wouldn’t call their efforts disgraceful.

If any of them had tried a Panenka or some other showboaty type penalty and missed …..now that would have been disgraceful.

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He telegraphed where he was putting it though with his body positioning & unlikely he has the bottle or skill to lean one way & reverse it with his foot the other. 

Total lack of respect.

This forum is inundated  with people  who despite having  had no experience  no opportunity  and in  most cases  lack the skill or ability  , who would  have grabbed the ball  put it on the spot and fire it home,  then go and stick thr digits up at the Tim's,and laid the head on Hart.

That of course  as an aside from thie other roles as coach, manager,  head of recruitment,  scout. Physio and ceo

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Total lack of respect.

This forum is inundated  with people  who despite having  had no experience  no opportunity  and in  most cases  lack the skill or ability  , who would  have grabbed the ball  put it on the spot and fire it home,  then go and stick thr digits up at the Tim's,and laid the head on Hart.

That of course  as an aside from thie other roles as coach, manager,  head of recruitment,  scout. Physio and ceo

I'd have scored. Top left corner.

Stuck one in the stanchion once. (Not the one below obviously. That's top right.)

fot-010-620x620.jpg

11 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

I'd have scored. Top left corner.

Stuck one in the stanchion once. (Not the one below obviously. That's top right.)

fot-010-620x620.jpg

That's where I put them.

Obviously nae cunt can save it.

Like Charlie Nicholas in 1990 shoot out.

Only difference being I meant to score mine.

50 minutes ago, redone said:

In hindsight, a pity Roos didnt wait until it was the tim turn to take pen. 

51 minutes ago, redone said:

He obviously fancied himself though, didn’t he? Unless he was forced to take one of the first five?

45 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

All true, amusing that some people think they could just turn up at Hampden and not be phased in the slightest at taking a pen in front of the baying hordes. 

36 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Total lack of respect.

What on earth are you talking about now?

Had no expectation of winning penalty shoot out due to Roos. We were relying on a Celtic player missing one as he was not saving one. Thought Duncans penalty was just a couple of inches from being perfect. Phillips cannot play football. He runs about a lot but lacks footballing ability. In extra time we broke and he had a simple pass to Hoilett or into space for Hoilett to run onto to. Under no pressure he passed straight to a Celtic defender. He would have been my second last penalty taker ( ahead of Morris).

32 minutes ago, davierobb said:

Had no expectation of winning penalty shoot out due to Roos. We were relying on a Celtic player missing one as he was not saving one. Thought Duncans penalty was just a couple of inches from being perfect. Phillips cannot play football. He runs about a lot but lacks footballing ability. In extra time we broke and he had a simple pass to Hoilett or into space for Hoilett to run onto to. Under no pressure he passed straight to a Celtic defender. He would have been my second last penalty taker ( ahead of Morris).

Phillips has no ability. He'll go back to Palace where he'll never get a look in. Will end up at crewe or the like.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The only alternatives were Gartenmann, Morris, MacKenzie & Roos.

Which one of them would you have put in front of him? 

Gartenmann. In hindsight we'd have been better with Johnny Hayes on the bench than Duncan or Morris, at least I'd have fancied him to bury a penalty.

3 hours ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Yep he is awful and shouldn't have taken a pen.

With Gartenmann, Mackenzie, Morris or Roos as remaining options we weren't blessed with a great choice by that point. Gartenmann maybe should have stepped up with more experience but down to who fancied it and who Leven likely thought was best option

I'd probably have gone with Mackenzie rather than Phillips.

He would at least have blootered it. 

Of course that blooter might well have ended up 20 rows back in the stand.....but if it was on target it wouldn't be saved.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Total lack of respect.

Don’t forget stadium developer. 

12 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Is the correct answer.

Exactly. If you're watching shoot outs on the telly you can often tell when a player is going to miss a when you analyse their face and eyes. You can see the fear, the confidence draining away and it's OH SHITE HE'S GAN TO MISS. Duncan looked incredibly uncomfortable about taking the kick and Philips looked absolutely petrified.

You have to wonder if they volunteered or if they were pushed into taking them. 

9 hours ago, davierobb said:

That’s a weird way to look at a penalty shootout. IMO there’s no expectation on either keeper to save any for me. It’s down to the players technique and handling the pressure.

8 hours ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Phillips has no ability. He'll go back to Palace where he'll never get a look in. Will end up at crewe or the like.

He does have some ability, he’s clearly not going to play for palace though.