Ryan Duncan

18 minutes ago, davierobb said:

It's down to Roos. Never been close to any penalty he has faced, inspires no confidence. Also some of the players we had lost to injury and cramp  would have been penalty takers . So trying to be rational my expectations were not high. 

Absolutely

The guys we had left at the end, only mcgrath had any sort of technique 

All irrelevant anyway. At any point had we been at the stage where we would have been going through from scoring a final penalty it would have had to be retaken until it was missed/saved anyway. 

Would have been far better had we won the toss to take first penalty. As it was we were always playing catch up

2 hours ago, davierobb said:

It's down to Roos. Never been close to any penalty he has faced, inspires no confidence. Also some of the players we had lost to injury and cramp  would have been penalty takers . So trying to be rational my expectations were not high. 

So our 2014 league cup win was down to Langfield? He’s the reason we won?

What   I meant to say is my own personal level of expectation with Roos in goal was near zero. In 2014 Lagfield I had seen have some fantastic games and I did feel we had a chance. Dont remember many games where Langfield did not make a mistake but they did not always cost us. I did not expect players at Celtic to be as affected by the pressure  as the Caley players were that day.

3 hours ago, davierobb said:

What   I meant to say is my own personal level of expectation with Roos in goal was near zero. In 2014 Lagfield I had seen have some fantastic games and I did feel we had a chance. Dont remember many games where Langfield did not make a mistake but they did not always cost us. I did not expect players at Celtic to be as affected by the pressure  as the Caley players were that day.

Better comparison was the Lewis Sinclair one referenced earlier (and admittedly in real time, not a shoot out).  Lewis was huge, a real presence.  You were as confident as you could be that he'd save it.

15 hours ago, Millertime said:

Absolutely

The guys we had left at the end, only mcgrath had any sort of technique 

You arguably would have been looking at our players' arses at the run up to striking the penalty rather than their technique.

McGrath, Sokler, and Duncan's penalties beat Hart all ends up because of their guile and technique.

4 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

You arguably would have been looking at our players' arses at the run up to striking the penalty rather than their technique.

McGrath, Sokler, and Duncan's penalties beat Hart all ends up because of their guile and technique.

You're clearly trolling now

I mean, Duncan?

You're using, as an example to combat my bemoaning the lack of technique available,  a guy who missed his penalty?

• Haha 1