Thread O Woke Shite

BrianFaePerth

11 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

No, you are missing the point.

You have no reason to find being called white as racist because it has never been used as a mechanism or name to beat you with or as a derogatory term against you.

Unlike terms for people of colour by white people.

It's all a lot of shite. Too many folk are being encouraged to have a chip on their shoulder.

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Fack awf.

Exactly. It’s just as likely that some black persons ancestor done some bad shit to mine 6,000 years ago as vice versa. 

If you want to deal with racism properly you have to accept we are all different not due to skin colour but due to the societies and culture we grew up in and the things we experience. You also have to accept that it’s human nature to be wary of those you perceive to be different.   

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Exactly. It’s just as likely that some black persons ancestor done some bad shit to mine 6,000 years ago as vice versa. 

If you want to deal with racism properly you have to accept we are all different not due to skin colour but due to the societies and culture we grew up in and the things we experience. You also have to accept that it’s human nature to be wary of those you perceive to be different.   

Prove it.

Where is the evidence in history?

52 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

No, you are missing the point.

You have no reason to find being called white as racist because it has never been used as a mechanism or name to beat you with or as a derogatory term against you.

Unlike terms for people of colour by white people.

So when we are called Yogurt Tops is that offensive 

29 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

So when we are called Yogurt Tops is that offensive 

Have you ever been called a yogurt top?

and no it’s not offensive, it’s not hurtful in any shape or form and was pissing myself when I seen this, bless.

9 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Oh and coloured people is a racist term, well done you, it’s black now. You can’t lump all non whites as just black, for example, when talking about Chinese people it’s Asian people,Your welcome

Who told you that "coloured" is a racist term and when exactly was it decided that "black" is now the acceptable nomenclature for non whites? Did you read it in a book, a magazine, maybe in a newspaper or perhaps you saw it on the TV. How about you choose the words you want to use and I'll use mine.

For the record I consider Chinese people to be more oriental than Asian. They're also yellow so are adequately covered by the term "coloured" as are your Asian types as they are brown. 

You're welcome. 

2 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Who told you that "coloured" is a racist term and when exactly was it decided that "black" is now the acceptable nomenclature for non whites? Did you read it in a book, a magazine, maybe in a newspaper or perhaps you saw it on the TV. How about you choose the words you want to use and I'll use mine.

For the record I consider Chinese people to be more oriental than Asian. They're also yellow so are adequately covered by the term "coloured" as are your Asian types as they are brown. 

You're welcome. 

HR, it was HR that told me, reprimanded me for using the word colour as it’s not an appropriate term to use anymore, was told it was a throw away word that cannot define differing nationalities and now it’s deemed offensive.like Eskimo is when relating to the Inuit people, I don’t make the rules bud.

• Haha 1
Just now, Dons79 said:

HR, it was HR that told me, reprimanded me for using the word colour as it’s not an appropriate term to use anymore, was told it was a throw away word that cannot define differing nationalities and now it’s deemed offensive.like Eskimo is when relating to the Inuit people, I don’t make the rules bud.

H fucking R. You need to fight. Fight the powers that be. 

On 4/10/2024 at 10:06 AM, BrianFaePerth said:

So saying something horrific like “black people cant swim” is prejudice but not racist?

we can easily get into a discussion about why so many black people cant swim, specifically black children, and its due to segregation and lack of facilities in poorer neighborhoods. saying black people cant swim is a stereotype thats rooted in racism due to these factors.