Angus MacDonald

18 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I thought he was ok initially and would’ve looked to make it a permanent signing

Not now.

Aye, he looked a find, and thought we'd do well to get him on a permanent deal. As you said however, form looks to have dropped. 

On a wider note, are the players really worse this season? It's not one or two, it's loads of them all look miles off it. This 5 at the back has probably fucked off the players, and that rot has set in with the rest of the squad. Maybe Macdonald isn't a yes man or whatever but he should have been given a run of games, preferably in a back 4. Stubbornness will cost Robson his job. Let's see what County is like Tuesday. Adams may drive the final nail in the coffin. 

Just now, 1903Afc said:

On a wider note, are the players really worse this season? It's not one or two, it's loads of them all look miles off it.

Miovski and Polvara are the only 2 you could say have improved. The regression of Duk and Clarkson is worse than the actual results/league position. We’re heading into January and the manager still doesn’t know his best team. Absolutely hideous.

22 minutes ago, 1903Afc said:

Aye, he looked a find, and thought we'd do well to get him on a permanent deal. As you said however, form looks to have dropped. 

On a wider note, are the players really worse this season? It's not one or two, it's loads of them all look miles off it. This 5 at the back has probably fucked off the players, and that rot has set in with the rest of the squad. Maybe Macdonald isn't a yes man or whatever but he should have been given a run of games, preferably in a back 4. Stubbornness will cost Robson his job. Let's see what County is like Tuesday. Adams may drive the final nail in the coffin. 

Pollock > Gartenmann.  
MacDonald > Rubezic. 
Scales = Jensen at best. 

Clarkson has regressed - used abysmally by the fuckwit. 
Shinnie - see Clarkson. 
Duk has regressed. 

Add in Robson’s horrendous tactics, his rigid 3-5-2 & his sticking with the same players who let him down.

And, a Board who are clueless, so fucking slow to react & are delusional. 

We’re a fucking shambles. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If MacDonald goes in January, then it highlights how much of a fucking moron Robson is 

MacDonald is IMO our most dependable, & calm central defender. 

I’d be playing a back 4 with MacDonald & Jensen in the middle.

The fact Robson sticks with a failed back 3 within a team that’s the 3rd worst defensively (having played a good few less games), is fucking mental.

I hate Barry Robson.

My flat back 4, as our squad stands, would be Devlin, MacDonald, possibly Rubezic (I know he’s shite but I’m hoping that MacDonald could organise and control him) and Jensen at left back, who I think has played there before?

2 hours ago, RUL said:

Daily Record reporting he’s off.

News we could have done without and further evidence of Robson's mismanagement. Can't blame the lad if he does move on given his lack of game time this season. Must be wondering why he was offered a long term deal, when his manager has little to no interest in playing him. Robson out!

Everything about the Robson tenure just gets stranger.

Maybe MacDonald, as an older and more experienced head, isn’t shy in making his feelings known at not playing?Perhaps Robson is stamping his authority as manager by not playing him? 
He’s done well when called upon, so a strange decision not to give him a run of games, when we have been poor defensively.

More to come out about this one I feel if Angus moves on…

9 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Everything about the Robson tenure just gets stranger.

Maybe MacDonald, as an older and more experienced head, isn’t shy in making his feelings known at not playing?Perhaps Robson is stamping his authority as manager by not playing him? 
He’s done well when called upon, so a strange decision not to give him a run of games, when we have been poor defensively.

More to come out about this one I feel if Angus moves on…

Aye, especially when you consider we've shipped 29 goals in 17 games. 

8 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

Aye, especially when you consider we've shipped 29 goals in 17 games. 

And that’s one of the main criticisms aimed at Robson.It clearly doesn’t work, so why not try something different? A back 4, like just about everyone has been crying out for? Or even put MacDonald in for a run of games to see if it’s a personnel thing.Ruby is raw, and rash at times, nae that he has always been at fault for the goals we’ve lost, however Angus is a much calmer head for Jensen and Gartenmann to play alongside.

1 hour ago, JamieMT said:

News we could have done without and further evidence of Robson's mismanagement. Can't blame the lad if he does move on given his lack of game time this season. Must be wondering why he was offered a long term deal, when his manager has little to no interest in playing him. Robson out!

Never believe a word the Daily Record prints.

32 minutes ago, G man said:

Never believe a word the Daily Record prints.

Whether there's truth in the report or not, MacDonald's lack of game time is mystifying. Especially when you consider the form of those being picked ahead of him. And at 31, Angus isn't going to be happy kicking his heels. So you have to think things will come to a head sooner rather than later.

5 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Whether there's truth in the report or not, MacDonald's lack of game time is mystifying. Especially when you consider the form of those being picked ahead of him. And at 31, Angus isn't going to be happy kicking his heels. So you have to think things will come to a head sooner rather than later.

I totally agree but at 31 with a two year contract l think he will see his contract out. He also needs to get an extended run in the team. I would also give him the captains armband. 

12 minutes ago, G man said:

I totally agree but at 31 with a two year contract l think he will see his contract out. He also needs to get an extended run in the team. I would also give him the captains armband. 

He’d be my first choice cb along with Ruby but not captain as he’ll have his work cutout keeping Ruby under control without having to deal with everything else as captain. 

6 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Pollock > Gartenmann.  
MacDonald > Rubezic. 
Scales = Jensen at best. 

Clarkson has regressed - used abysmally by the fuckwit. 
Shinnie - see Clarkson. 
Duk has regressed. 

Add in Robson’s horrendous tactics, his rigid 3-5-2 & his sticking with the same players who let him down.

And, a Board who are clueless, so fucking slow to react & are delusional. 

We’re a fucking shambles. 

I like Ruby. He's rash and like a puppy chasing a ball, but that can be coached out of him. He has the right raw materials to be a good centre half. MacDonald would be a good partner for him IMO.

Scales is far better than Jensen though. I still don't think I've seen him win a header and he's slow as fuck. Also Scales was better at bringing the ball forward.

Also, you never mentioned McRorie, who I feel is marginally better than Devlin. Certainly going forward.

And Roos has massively regressed since his purple patch at the tail end of last year. He's such a liability.

4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Bloke on Facebook suggesting Robson fell out with MacDonald over his social media activity, and getting too big for his boots.

Could see that with Robson, the kinda managerial move Strachan made in his career.

If that’s true, it’s effin’ bonkers, not in the least because Robson claims he doesn’t use SocMed and Angus is pretty sound.

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Bloke on Facebook suggesting Robson fell out with MacDonald over his social media activity, and getting too big for his boots.

Could see that with Robson, the kinda managerial move Strachan made in his career.

So he’s now fallen out with MacDonald for social media activity & Williams for skelping him on FIFA. Wish he’d fall out with Shinnie!! 

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

I like Ruby. He's rash and like a puppy chasing a ball, but that can be coached out of him. He has the right raw materials to be a good centre half. MacDonald would be a good partner for him 

Scales is far better than Jensen though. I still don't think I've seen him win a header and he's slow as fuck. Also Scales was better at bringing the ball forward.

Also, you never mentioned McRorie, who I feel is marginally better than Devlin. Certainly going forward.

And Roos has massively regressed since his purple patch at the tail end of last year. He's such a liability.

Prunella ?…Yes,  I agree.

Jensen’s also extremely limited in the basics…..even just kicking the ball cleanly under minimal pressure.

10 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If MacDonald goes in January, then it highlights how much of a fucking moron Robson is 

MacDonald is IMO our most dependable, & calm central defender. 

I’d be playing a back 4 with MacDonald & Jensen in the middle.

The fact Robson sticks with a failed back 3 within a team that’s the 3rd worst defensively (having played a good few less games), is fucking mental.

I hate Barry Robson.

For me Angus is a no thrills defender but that is exactly what you need in order to progress.  And has experience.  If he goes well, the squad will definitely be weaker.

• 1 month later...