1 hour ago, Dandyesque said:

More like Billy Gilmour for me.

Small stature, but likes to receive the ball in a tight position and move it on quickly.

Aye, I often think he plays like Billy Gilmour. Uses the ball well and always looking for it. Not much use further forward but keeps everything moving and rarely gives the ball away.

Basically shiter versions of Xavi

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, JakieBastard said:

Aye, I often think he plays like Billy Gilmour. Uses the ball well and always looking for it. Not much use further forward but keeps everything moving and rarely gives the ball away.

Basically shiter versions of Xavi

We don’t have ANY players with that particular attribute. It’s one of the main reasons we’ve struggled so much in the last few years.

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I'm assuming he's long gone but theres still the chance he might come crawling back if his agent cant find a club willing to fire us over £500k upfront this summer.

Swansea were willing to part with that in January. He’s gone from what I’ve heard. 

Just now, Dandys1983 said:

dunno how true it is but was told the other day he was close to agreeing then i seen it mentioned that he had been away looking at houses!! haha surely the kintore lads know what happening??

I’d be astonished if he signs now. If he was going to sign he’d have done it long before now, have we ever had anyone renew their contract this close to the end of it? 

If Swansea were prepared to pay £500k in January there’ll be plenty of similar clubs ready to quadruple his wages in the summer. 

14 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Heard they were interested too. 

How not? 

It depends what folk want to believe I suppose but if anyone is daft enough to believe the story about the shit offer, less than MacKenzie earns that's up to them.  However he was very close to signing a 4 year deal in the summer of 22, walked away from it and it was made clear he wouldn't be signing a new deal.

13 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Allegedly Celtic also bid in January, but his agent recommended he didn’t go as he’d not get a game. 

Fair play to his agent if that's true.

1 hour ago, pittodriepie83 said:

I’d be astonished if he signs now. If he was going to sign he’d have done it long before now, have we ever had anyone renew their contract this close to the end of it? 

If Swansea were prepared to pay £500k in January there’ll be plenty of similar clubs ready to quadruple his wages in the summer. 

Binning Robson may have changed the goalposts a bit, although the other side of the coin is that now he has no idea what's happening next season. But I'm not surprised he wasn't wanting to sign when Robson was leaving him on the bench most games, and when he did get on was just watching the ball sail over his head 90% of the time.