31 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Fair play to his agent if that's true.

Binning Robson may have changed the goalposts a bit, although the other side of the coin is that now he has no idea what's happening next season. But I'm not surprised he wasn't wanting to sign when Robson was leaving him on the bench most games, and when he did get on was just watching the ball sail over his head 90% of the time.

He’s not signed a new deal under Goodwin or Glass either so I’m not so sure it’s a change of manager he’s after. 

4 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

He has changed agent since those 2 were in charge hasn't he? 

Yep I believe so. Still not convinced that it’s the manager who was the reason behind him not signing a new deal, it seems he’s had his heart set on a move for a couple of years now. Obviously not privy to what kinda money he’s been offered but you’d think even we aren’t incompetent enough to only offer him peanuts. Then again…

42 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Yep I believe so. Still not convinced that it’s the manager who was the reason behind him not signing a new deal, it seems he’s had his heart set on a move for a couple of years now. Obviously not privy to what kinda money he’s been offered but you’d think even we aren’t incompetent enough to only offer him peanuts. Then again…

No I'm sure there's more to it than just Robson, but I'm sure that wasn't helping convince him he'd want to stay

On 2/23/2024 at 11:49 AM, minijc said:

It depends what folk want to believe I suppose but if anyone is daft enough to believe the story about the shit offer, less than MacKenzie earns that's up to them.  However he was very close to signing a 4 year deal in the summer of 22, walked away from it and it was made clear he wouldn't be signing a new deal.

I’d imagine there’s a combination of factors rather than just one issue in particular.   But IF Barron felt the club’s offer wasn’t as good terms as certain other players (such as those of similar age and broadly comparable first team experience)  then it’s entirely plausible that it would be a significant reason for him rejecting the offer.

And there’s been speculation about other clubs being interested in him for quite a while.  So him and his agent may well have taken the view that accepting the Dons offer was unlikely to be his only option when his current contract expire. Which seems to have been borne out by the offer recently made by Swansea , with Cardiff also reported to have been interested. 

Theres also the perception that AFC are currently a shambles and directionless on and off the park, which can’t be conducive to getting the likes of Barron to commit their immediate future to the Dons.

4 minutes ago, redone said:

I’d imagine there’s a combination of factors rather than just one issue in particular.   But IF Barron felt the club’s offer wasn’t as good terms as certain other players (such as those of similar age and broadly comparable first team experience)  then it’s entirely plausible that it would be a significant reason for him rejecting the offer.

And there’s been speculation about other clubs being interested in him for quite a while.  So him and his agent may well have taken the view that accepting the Dons offer was unlikely to be his only option when his current contract expire. Which seems to have been borne out by the offer recently made by Swansea , with Cardiff also reported to have been interested. 

Theres also the perception that AFC are currently a shambles and directionless on and off the park, which can’t be conducive to getting the likes of Barron to commit their immediate future to the Dons.

Without giving too much away, The deal was very close to being done, he didn't just find out what another young player was on then walk away from the deal.  One of the biggest issues back in 22 was the issue with Considine and his agent which at the time was the same agent as Barron, the second that happened a friend of a friend who is an agent said Barron would never sign a new deal due to that carry on.

3 minutes ago, minijc said:

Without giving too much away, The deal was very close to being done, he didn't just find out what another young player was on then walk away from the deal.  One of the biggest issues back in 22 was the issue with Considine and his agent which at the time was the same agent as Barron, the second that happened a friend of a friend who is an agent said Barron would never sign a new deal.

Well you’ve certainly got that down to a fine art.

All very vague but little or no substance.   There’s no obvious reason that the issue between Considine and the club should have had any significant impact on the dealings with Barron, even if it was the same agent involved.

2 minutes ago, redone said:

All very vague but little or no substance.   There’s no obvious reason that the issue between Considine and the club should have had any significant impact on the dealings with Barron, even if it was the same agent involved.

A bad agent risks fkn things up for all players he represents against a club by just making a cunt of himself with one of the players 

9 minutes ago, redone said:

I give plenty away, you just haven't caught on and pieced things together.

26 minutes ago, minijc said:

Without giving too much away, The deal was very close to being done, he didn't just find out what another young player was on then walk away from the deal.  One of the biggest issues back in 22 was the issue with Considine and his agent which at the time was the same agent as Barron, the second that happened a friend of a friend who is an agent said Barron would never sign a new deal due to that carry on.

So did Barron change agent in the hope of reconciliation with the club or to try and get a better deal somewhere else as his previous agent was shite

14 hours ago, minijc said:

Funny that there were folk on here demanding that the club made him the highest earner to keep him, he's fucking powderpuff. 

13 hours ago, jamiesd said:

Glad to see folk are now seeing this.  He was absolutely ridden but Liam Polworth today. Yes folks……that says it all

Aye, worst player on the park yesterday.

And by fuck, that is saying something.

He's fucking pish.

16 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Thing is he's not pish. He might have played pish, and had a pish season, but he's capable of far better.

The team and management is a complete cluster fuck and coming in and out of the team isn't going to help him either 

Yeah, absolutely this.

Our fans can be weird.

1 minute ago, Durrant Dived said:

Did he actually beat the first man with any of his free kicks yesterday? Absolutely abysmal, and it's bad when your standing out as the worst in a terrible team.

Thought Mackenzie was worst player on the pitch by miles 

16 hours ago, minijc said:

Funny that there were folk on here demanding that the club made him the highest earner to keep him, he's fucking powderpuff. 

I still think that there is a player in there with Barron and he is worth keeping to try and build our midfield around going forward. 

The next manager, sorry Cormack has enough to replace next season without having to identify another.

If he's unwilling to stay at our comedy run club I guess he moves on and we see what crap gets identified to replace him by the chairman.

1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

Thing is he's not pish. He might have played pish, and had a pish season, but he's capable of far better.

The team and management is a complete cluster fuck and coming in and out of the team isn't going to help him either 

I'm starting to wonder if he is any good though, his best run of form came when every other player had given up and weren't bothering their arses, he then failed to build on that.

There have been glimpses in the odd game this season that he can be good but to the level most fans think?  Absolutely not!

44 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I still think that there is a player in there with Barron and he is worth keeping to try and build our midfield around going forward. 

The next manager, sorry Cormack has enough to replace next season without having to identify another.

If he's unwilling to stay at our comedy run club I guess he moves on and we see what crap gets identified to replace him by the chairman.

Hard to keep a player who isn't interested in staying here though.

Definitely ‘flatters to deceive’ mostly for me. Had a good wee spell in a stinking team prior to his injury for a short spell & that is where he earned all this exaggerated praise as he was young & we were optimistic for his potential. Ever since then he’s been given nothing but excuses for failing to follow up on any of that ‘promise’ other than the odd game where he’s looked ok when we’re shite.

He’s pants 🤷

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Barrons form seems to have followed Robson out the door. No coincidence. 
Maybe a bit intimidated by Warno. Trying too hard. Or not getting the direction Robson gave him. Who knows. He was always quite assured under Robson. Now hes not.

He’s just not very good 👍