Head clippers / shavers

I expect there are several forum members who, like me, have an attractively shorn heid.  A timeless, masculine style which exudes class.

Currently I use traditional clippers with a 0.5 grade comb (1.5mm) and it needs done every ~2 weeks.

Increasingly this seems quite labourious - what do others use?

Has anyone got experience of those "skull shaver" devices, which look to be quicker / easier to do the whole head with?

Any good?  Are all these devices completely balding?  I suppose it must be harder to trim to a length shorter than my current 1.5mm.

What other recommendations?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I expect there are several forum members who, like me, have an attractively shorn heid.  A timeless, masculine style which exudes class.

Currently I use traditional clippers with a 0.5 grade comb (1.5mm) and it needs done every ~2 weeks.

Has anyone got experience of those "skull shaver" devices, which look to be quicker / easier to do the whole head with?

Any good?  Are all these devices completely balding?  I suppose it must be harder to trim to a length shorter than my current 1.5mm.

Wouldn't know CS I've plenty hair most of it grey.

Hope you get some good advice from the lads on here.

5 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Bought one from amazon, absolutely shite.  Plucked the hairs rather than shaving them.  Sent it back.  The Jim Goodwin of heid shavers

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

41 minutes ago, Giblets said:

Bought one from amazon, absolutely shite.  Plucked the hairs rather than shaving them.  Sent it back.  The Jim Goodwin of heid shavers

Bunch of baldy bastards.

7 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Quicker spraying your head with hairspray and lighting it

Give it a couple seconds, then stick your head down the toilet and flush 

Kevin McCallister was wise to that. He put kerosene in the toilet. Bad night for the sticky bandits.

Guest Grays Babylon 1875

Mach 3 over it every other day.   Takes about 3 minutes.  Much easier than shaving the face. 

Just need to take a spy at Robbie Neilson or Matt Taibbi to do the necessary and wheak it all off. 

If it's good enough for Lynchy it's good enough for you. 

lynch.jpg

On 3/5/2023 at 4:43 PM, Giblets said:

Thanks for that, what type / model was that (to avoid)?

Looking at the other responses, most of them think I was talking about their ass-hair, rather than their heads.

• 2 months later...

Yeah I have one of those 'skull shavers'. 

Great purchase. I lost ( somehow ) the attachment too change the length of the cut. So now its grade 0 or whatever it's called every couple of months.

Takes a while to get the hang of it ( behind the ears etc ) but it's worth persevering. Associated neck and shoulder hair needs careful work with standard clippers. Usually sold with the main shaver.

Waiting for the 'monk look' to come back. I don't want to actually be a monk. But I'd look fucking 👍

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

Yeah I have one of those 'skull shavers'. 

Great purchase. I lost ( somehow ) the attachment too change the length of the cut. So now its grade 0 or whatever it's called every couple of months.

Takes a while to get the hang of it ( behind the ears etc ) but it's worth persevering. Associated neck and shoulder hair needs careful work with standard clippers. Usually sold with the main shaver.

Waiting for the 'monk look' to come back. I don't want to actually be a monk. But I'd look fucking 👍

Thanks for that info, it is one of these you have:    https://skullshaver.co.uk/

They look good, but I always curious about the incongruous "Pit Bull" branding - sometimes they mention it, sometimes not! 

Someone once told me that Remington made them, but I believe Skull Shaver is in fact a US company? 

The bit I have highlighted in bold above, that's what I wanted to know - if you could change the grade / length: what are the options, is it like the shorter grades from a traditional clipper, down to a balding shave essentially?

Thanks again!  👍