What is your favourite pie?

JumboJET

1 hour ago, JumboJET said:

I have no problem admitting that I do like a steak pie from Todders.

Also my local boozer, the Manor House Maltby, does an excellent steak and ale pie. 

What is your favourite pie? And why is it your favourite?

Happy Friday, BigJumbo.

Todders? That word has been banned on here.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

A no nonsense Scotch Pie was always my favourite.

It's my favourite because it's simple, but effective. Bilin' Het!

When I lived in Dubai I used to get frozen Scotch Pies from the local shop and would eat them at the weekend watching the fitba. 

Now I'm a poof and don't eat meat. So I guess I'd have to go for a Macaroni Pie nowadays. Shite.  

Happy Friday to you too BigJumbo

Pat Nevin was on Off The Ball one week and told a story about when he dined at Gordon Ramsay's restaurant. He ordered a bottle of wine and when it arrived there was a drawing of a woman on the label that was identical to his wife. He said he couldn't believe how much this drawing looked like his wife. 

Quick as a flash, Tam Cowan replied with 'I had the same once in a supermarket, but it was a box of Sugar Puffs'.

Sorry to derail the thread Jumbo. Just wanted to tell that story. 

I also used to like a chicken and mushroom pie back in the day. But not as much as a Scotch pie. 

• Haha 3
51 minutes ago, styrofoamplates said:

Pat Nevin was on Off The Ball one week and told a story about when he dined at Gordon Ramsay's restaurant. He ordered a bottle of wine and when it arrived there was a drawing of a woman on the label that was identical to his wife. He said he couldn't believe how much this drawing looked like his wife. 

Quick as a flash, Tam Cowan replied with 'I had the same once in a supermarket, but it was a box of Sugar Puffs'.

I also used to like a chicken and mushroom pie back in the day. But not as much as a Scotch pie. 

I still remember Cowan when it was the Queen Mum’s 99th birthday and she was having a 99 ice cream cone to celebrate,  he said I wonder what she did 30 years ago.

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Fray Bentos was a favourite of mine back in the day, as was a steak pie supper fae Kenny's in Chattan Place when on way home fae being pished in toon.

As an aside once bought a pie supper from Golden Fry on Holburn Street, which was boggin'.

When walking home noticed an open window on a ground floor flat on Union Grove. 

Said pie was lobbed through said gap, much to the surprise, and annoyance, of the flat's incumbents. 

18 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

As an aside once bought a pie supper from Golden Fry on Holburn Street, which was boggin'.

When walking home noticed an open window on a ground floor flat on Union Grove. 

Said pie was lobbed through said gap, much to the surprise, and annoyance, of the flat's incumbents. 

Nae surprised the boy that owned it was always fucking smashed. It wasn’t nicknamed the Golden Grease for nothing.

Loved a steak and gravy pie.  Used to get a crackin one from A1 butchers near Berryden.  Had a chuckle at the comments mentioning the Golden Grease.  hadn't heard that for a while.  That place and the Kiwi were the two worst chippers in Aberdeen.  

7 hours ago, styrofoamplates said:

😂