Thread O Conspiracies

Ke1t

2 hours ago, Ke1t said:

That's not the argument, you silly goose 😜 

The Right Wing is far, far more likely to believe ludicrous conspiracy theories, because Right Wing media here pushes conspiracy as standard.

And there's no room for the false equivalence of 'the Left inna', because the levels of nonsense are nowhere near equitable.

You're a lefty, you would say that.

1 minute ago, maryhilldon said:

You campaign(ed) for the Democrats, aren't they the 'left' party? Democracy is an illusion anyway,  the establishment will protect their interests whichever party is in charge. It's all smoke and mirrors.

I would have done that if I'd been a Republican. 

"Democracy is an illusion anyway"

Possibly, but Fascism is real, and I don't much fancy that.

56 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Unfortunately Aberdeen natives thinks its “minky” to get public transport. 

No issues with taking public transport, but fuck me it's terrible up here and overpriced One bus an hour to Stonehaven from Aberdeen, trains are a night with a tendancy to be either cancelled or a replacement bus service.

1 hour ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Good 

no one in a city should need a car 

1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

Correct.

Unfortunately Aberdeen natives thinks its “minky” to get public transport. 
The private car reg capital of Europe.

Rednecks (even the toonsers) 

12 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Bars>cars.

8 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Cars should be outlawed.

Bus wankers^^

40 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

No issues with taking public transport, but fuck me it's terrible up here and overpriced One bus an hour to Stonehaven from Aberdeen, trains are a night with a tendancy to be either cancelled or a replacement bus service.

Agreed.

I know a lot of the bus services where we are have been cut because folk dont use them. Maybe they should have reduced the price. 

I think a lot of young people who wouldve historically used public transport now just get driven everywhere even with the free bus passes available. Although im sure the kids in poorer areas use theirs. 

1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

Agreed.

I know a lot of the bus services where we are have been cut because folk dont use them. Maybe they should have reduced the price. 

I think a lot of young people who wouldve historically used public transport now just get driven everywhere even with the free bus passes available. Although im sure the kids in poorer areas use theirs. 

No excuses for driving kids here there and everywhere if you life in Aberdeen. However I get the fact that people tend to drive their kids everywhere when they live outside Aberdeen.

Stonehaven to Ellon for a game, good luck with public transport. Would end up leaving Stonehaven at something like 8am for a 11am start in Ellon.

1 hour ago, For Fecks Sake said:

No excuses for driving kids here there and everywhere if you life in Aberdeen. However I get the fact that people tend to drive their kids everywhere when they live outside Aberdeen.

Stonehaven to Ellon for a game, good luck with public transport. Would end up leaving Stonehaven at something like 8am for a 11am start in Ellon.

Why isn’t the club providing transport? And surely it’s just a train into town and one bus to Ellon. 

16 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Why do right wingers get so crazy about this? I haven't read much about the 15 mins city stuff, but from what I have they sound good. Genuinely don't understand the controversy

20 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

Why isn’t the club providing transport? And surely it’s just a train into town and one bus to Ellon. 

I can't think of one club sport that either my kids or mates kids that offers transport. Left to parents to organise lifts and such like.

Train is also an option but again it costs and tends to be lots of disruptions / replacement bus service.

Good luck taking 5 kids onto trains and buses for a game then back again. Would be fucking horrendous 😱

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, JakieBastard said:

Why do right wingers get so crazy about this? I haven't read much about the 15 mins city stuff, but from what I have they sound good. Genuinely don't understand the controversy

I'm curious as to why you assume I'm a "right winger". I'm generally of a centrist, more libertarian leaning persuasion. My opposition to schemes like this is because, whatever his intentions, it is wide open to being abused by authoritarian regimes for nefarious purposes. All too often in recent decades, we've seen 'temporary government measures' turn out to be permanent clampdowns on civil liberties, or supposedly well-intended 'green' ideas turn out to be little more than excuses by elites to tax and restrict their populations.

You may agree or disagree with me and that is of course your right, but the direction of travel for humanity (particularly in the developed world) is towards a digital prison, with wealth concentration in an ever-smaller, more aggressively authoritarian ruling class - all of whom want NONE of it for themselves. I therefore am sceptical that the 15-min city concept will be anything other than another cog in the machine. 

• Upvote 1