Ester Sokler

1 hour ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

I really don't know if sockler is worth keeping tbh as a first choice striker.

He'd at least be worth a try at it, assuming that Miovski is sold. Our season starts early enough that we'd be able to give him a decent run at it, starting with relatively weak opposition in the League Cup groups and then he'd have a few weeks against SPL opposition to make a judgement if he's good enough or whether we need to splash out some of the cash on a new first choice late on in the transfer window.

• Upvote 1

I’d be happy to go with Sokler as main striker next season and spend the cash elsewhere (assuming Miovski is away)

Aye he’s not as good as Bojan but let’s be honest he’s a once in a generation talent for us. Sokler more than adequate compared to most of the dross we’ve had up front the past 30 years. 

He’ll score plenty goals at our level given a run of games. 

• Upvote 8
1 minute ago, NEM said:

I’d be happy to go with Sokler as main striker next season and spend the cash elsewhere (assuming Miovski is away)

Aye he’s not as good as Bojan but let’s be honest he’s a once in a generation talent for us. Sokler more than adequate compared to most of the dross we’ve had up front the past 30 years. 

Yip. Hopefully gets a run in the 5 remaining games. The Miovski dough would be better spent on a goalie and a hatchet man.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Robin Askwith said:

Miovski to move down south for big money and us offering the Huns 250k for Dessers as a back up striker would both be pure impudence and fuckin ace at the same time.

Rather withdraw the £250k in £10 notes and have a bonfire 

1 hour ago, sheepcrooky said:

A strange take on things. 

The boy has a great attitude and looks quite strong and good in the air. A stick-on to replace Bojan next season. 

And if you are going to give him a hard time, at least spell his name correctly. 

Really you just want sockler to be the man who replaces bojan? Strange take. We need to spend the money on a proven striker.

• Dildo 3
19 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

He'd at least be worth a try at it, assuming that Miovski is sold. Our season starts early enough that we'd be able to give him a decent run at it, starting with relatively weak opposition in the League Cup groups and then he'd have a few weeks against SPL opposition to make a judgement if he's good enough or whether we need to splash out some of the cash on a new first choice late on in the transfer window.

Agree but we need to spend the money we make on Mio on a proven striker. Jesus we duk & Mio probably away we need to re invest it in a proven striker & another decent one so we have 3 forwards. 

• Dildo 1
1 minute ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Agree but we need to spend the money we make on Mio on a proven striker. Jesus we duk & Mio probably away we need to re invest it in a proven striker & another decent one so we have 3 forwards. 

No we don’t, there’s plenty other areas where the money would be better spent

3 hours ago, Robin Askwith said:

Miovski to move down south for big money and us offering the Huns 250k for Dessers as a back up striker would both be pure impudence and fuckin ace at the same time.

Have you had a blow to the head recently? 

10 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Really you just want sockler to be the man who replaces bojan? Strange take. We need to spend the money on a proven striker.

Was Miovski a proven striker when he arrived?

didn’t think so, SOKLER will be fine, 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Hahaha OK. So all I'm saying is we need to replace Miovski with quality I have never said sokler should be turfed out! If we lose both duk & Mio you'll be happy we just sokler up front don't you think we need 3 strikers.

Sokler, Bavidge and sign another punt if Duk goes as well 

3 hours ago, Sheepo said:

Very strange one is Sokler scored a barrow load in Pre season, then hardly seen until his first start in November when he scored a great goal, he has pace is great in the air and works his socks off. Yet has hardly had a sniff in a season where we have been shite

There’s nothing strange about it.

Nobody other centre forward in the league would get a game  ahead of Miovski

1 hour ago, NEM said:

He’ll score plenty goals at our level given a run of games. 

Don't disagree on the whole with this. But we don't know if Sokler is or can be as good as Miovski as he's hardly had the same opportunities as Miovski to develop. Miovski has had two full seasons now. 

If, as we all expect Miovski to be sold I'd like to see Sokler get his chance to lead the line. I do think we'll bring in another striker regardless though. 

24 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Hahaha I ok gueye he's ace I must've forgot. Jesus Ffs brainless gypes at ever corner online!

It’s not the point if  he’s ace or not, it’s the fact you said we would be starting next season with Sokler and bavidge as strikers, that was wrong,  I pointed out to you we had another forward signed for Aberdeen, you can thank me later.

2 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

A strange take on things. 

The boy has a great attitude and looks quite strong and good in the air. A stick-on to replace Bojan next season. 

And if you are going to give him a hard time, at least spell his name correctly. 

Don't reply to him

He's a really poor, modern-day era troll

They aren't made like they used to be 

2 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

It’s not the point if  he’s ace or not, it’s the fact you said we would be starting next season with Sokler and bavidge as strikers, that was wrong,  I pointed out to you we had another forward signed for Aberdeen, you can thank me later.

Stop feeding him

Let him peter out