Ester Sokler

16 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

A "retard" shows your level of intelligence. Terrible technique for his header last week. 

Also can you point out where I said he would lead the line next season? Thought not. 

Yeah, evidently a few levels above yours. Thanks.

Additionally, on the 2nd bolder, I never said you did. Obviously a reference to others who have.

1 hour ago, The Gee Man said:

If we sell Miovski we will surely invest in a new number 9! I’d like maybe Sokler if this happens to go out on loan till January. Hopefully get starts and then come back and really push on after that 

I’d rather we spent money on watson or Armstrong or a decent midfielder who could be sold on basically. Duk or sokler will score goals if they are here next season. Massive gaping horrific areas in other areas of the park 

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I’d rather we spent money on watson or Armstrong or a decent midfielder who could be sold on basically. Duk or sokler will score goals if they are here next season. Massive gaping horrific areas in other areas of the park 

No way we ain’t cashing in on Duk. Even if it’s only a few hundred k! He’s not really been happy this season compared to last.

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Duk and Miovski will be away. 

We'll definitely need to buy a striker and this will be just as big a priority as other areas. 

Zan Medved is the ideal replacement for Miovski but I doubt we are looking at him, hopefully I'm wrong.

4 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Mental you has 7 x dildos rammed up your farter for this comment.

You even said the words 'don't know'.

Would have been way more valid if you had said he is not worth keeping as first choice, categorically.

Correct.

He's nowhere near starting material for us.

If he is, then we might as well pack it in.

Coudnt give a shit lol. But sockler was pish when he came on yday. Folk saying he can replace bojan are deluded.

25 minutes ago, minijc said:

Zan Medved is the ideal replacement for Miovski but I doubt we are looking at him, hopefully I'm wrong.

Have you heard if there are any potential signings lined up yet? 

It's an interesting situation with Thelin not being here. I wonder what route we will go down. 

31 minutes ago, Turra red said:

Have you heard if there are any potential signings lined up yet? 

It's an interesting situation with Thelin not being here. I wonder what route we will go down. 

I haven't heard anything yet.

As for the second part, I'm sure the DoF and HoR will speak with Thelin to find out what type of player he'd like, they'll also show him some of the players they have already identified and see if he's keen then they'll go from there.

15 minutes ago, minijc said:

I haven't heard anything yet.

As for the second part, I'm sure the DoF and HoR will speak with Thelin to find out what type of player he'd like, they'll also show him some of the players they have already identified and see if he's keen then they'll go from there.

The worry is that we have to wait till June to have the conversation. It’s also most likely the brief for our head of recruitment has changed dramatically. Will the players match Thelins philosophy that have already been identified? I like what I’ve read regarding the HoR but it’s not ideal circumstances. Intrigued to see how this summer goes. 

While we are no great shakes I think it shows we are capable under a semi competent manager. Hopefully we let go of all the out of contract players and your Morris, Richardson types. We then have a lot of space in squad to fill with Thelin type players. I’m hopeful if we get it right next season is a quicker turn around then many suggest as we will be signing quite a lot of players. If we can get 50% of the signing right we will push on for top 4 or 5 as minimum. 

Just now, slippers said:

The worry is that we have to wait till June to have the conversation. It’s also most likely the brief for our head of recruitment has changed dramatically. Will the players match Thelins philosophy that have already been identified? I like what I’ve read regarding the HoR but it’s not ideal circumstances. Intrigued to see how this summer goes. 

There's absolutely no way they wait until June to speak to Thelin about transfers. 

There will be constant dialogue between now and then. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

There's absolutely no way they wait until June to speak to Thelin about transfers. 

You would hope so. But not really sure how it works. If we are speaking to him directly constantly what’s the point of him still being in Sweden? 

1 minute ago, slippers said:

You would hope so. But not really sure how it works. If we are speaking to him directly constantly what’s the point of him still being in Sweden? 

It's in his best interest for us to get the type of players he wants in quickly. And it's the easiest thing in the world these days to have teams calls and share video clips. 

Yeah it would be madness for us to wait until then, some deals need to be done quickly whilst realising that sometimes you may find a better quality of player later in the window but we really should be working on fixing this squad.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Yeah it would be madness for us to wait until then, some deals need to be done quickly whilst realising that sometimes you may find a better quality of player later in the window but we really should be working on fixing this squad.

Board have the Euros excuse (because we will be after so many internationals 🤣) & that were not in European comp (just LC) as excuse to dilly dally yet again

The problem Sokler or whoever we sign in the summer will have is that Miovski is a very hard act to follow.  Even if they are a 20 goal a season striker will they be as good a footballer as Bojan?

We've been lucky to have him and Duk (when he's on form) over the last two seasons - both good footballers to watch.

Both will more than likely be away in summer so best try to get to St. Johnstone and/or Livi games before the end of the season.  Might be your last chance to watch them in the flesh.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
42 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

The problem Sokler or whoever we sign in the summer will have is that Miovski is a very hard act to follow.  Even if they are a 20 goal a season striker will they be as good a footballer as Bojan?

We've been lucky to have him and Duk (when he's on form) over the last two seasons - both good footballers to watch.

Both will more than likely be away in summer so best try to get to St. Johnstone and/or Livi games before the end of the season.  Might be your last chance to watch them in the flesh.

I said earlier Miovski is almost irreplaceable.

A once in a generation level of striker for us

But we can sign a good replacement AND strengthen elsewhere (wingers) & midfield, making us stronger as a team & we can spread the goals about more 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I said earlier Miovski is almost irreplaceable.

A once in a generation level of striker for us

But we can sign a good replacement AND strengthen elsewhere (wingers) & midfield, making us stronger as a team & we can spread the goals about more 

This guy gets it. 

Without Miovski's early season form we'd be staring down the barrel of Championship football already, but I'd rather we had a balanced team with decent strikers than a garbage fire of a team with one superstar. 

We got very, very fucking lucky having Miovski this season, though. 

• Upvote 3
  • Dildo 1
2 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Miovski is immense but to be honest replacing him shouldn’t be too big a problem in Scotland. We won’t get like for like for his talent but we could get someone who will score the same amount of goals. Maybe all round game won’t be better but what benefit of that are we actually seeing of that with miovski this season? Nothing really. 

it’s a bit like it was a good season to sell Ferguson 2 years ago. The team were fucking shit so selling him at that stage wasn’t too bad cause we couldn’t be much worse anyway 

• Haha 2