Ester Sokler

Just now, Dons79 said:

It’s not the point if  he’s ace or not, it’s the fact you said we would be starting next season with Sokler and bavidge as strikers, that was wrong,  I pointed out to you we had another forward signed for Aberdeen, you can thank me later.

Well I haven't included Gueye as he's utter shit like his Norwegian club are finding out. All I'm saying is use maybe 500/600k of the mio money to get someone in who can rival sokler. Bavidge isn't ready to be a regular starter also Duk will be off. Thank you.

Would have had more game time if Bojan wasn't so awesome and injury free.

If Bojan goes then Sokler could easily be our main central striker next season.

Hopefully Bavidge and Gruyere (not laughing at the back) return from their loan stints much improved.

With Duk probably going, Hoilett out of contract and Morris being mind-bogglingly atrocious I'm far more concerned about the wide attacking areas and would be spending funds there rather than on a centre forward.

10 hours ago, NEM said:

I’d be happy to go with Sokler as main striker next season and spend the cash elsewhere (assuming Miovski is away)

Aye he’s not as good as Bojan but let’s be honest he’s a once in a generation talent for us. Sokler more than adequate compared to most of the dross we’ve had up front the past 30 years. 

He’ll score plenty goals at our level given a run of games. 

Totally agree. I also think its hard and harsh to judge him as he hasn't really had a good run in the team as we generally play with one striker and lets be honest Miovski has been superb this season so unless he is suspended or injured he is going to play most weeks.  Centre half is far more important to fix than striker

3 hours ago, milne_afc said:

I’ve changed my mind. He can stay as backup 

Only caught the last 20 mins and aye his 5 minute cameo wasn’t the best 🙈

Needs longer than that though to get his sharpness up 

7 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Still no way to judge Sokler.

Wasn't terrific today, but desperately needs more than a few minutes at the end or stuck out wide.

I reckon if you give him a season's worth of mainly starts he would get within 15-20 at this level. I've seen Miovski miss some absolute howlers and he's excellent. It's just the nature of the position. 

• Upvote 1

Would've been good to see him get a run of games but that probably wouldn't have happened unless Bojan was injured, which thankfully he hasn't been.

Hard to tell from the five - ten minute cameos he gets.  He has the air of someone who's desperate to do well and possibly trying too hard to take the chances he gets.  A more relaxed and confident player scores one of those chances today and possibly another one of the chances he had last weekend.

On 4/21/2024 at 12:29 PM, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

I really don't know if sockler is worth keeping tbh as a first choice striker.

Mental you has 7 x dildos rammed up your farter for this comment.

You even said the words 'don't know'.

Would have been way more valid if you had said he is not worth keeping as first choice, categorically.

On 4/21/2024 at 1:44 PM, aberdeen1970 said:

He's a decent member of the squad. 

Whether he cements a regular place will depend on what happens in the summer and his own ability to take any chances he gets to start. 

Correct.

He's nowhere near starting material for us.

If he is, then we might as well pack it in.

• Haha 1
55 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Mental you has 7 x dildos rammed up your farter for this comment.

You even said the words 'don't know'.

Would have been way more valid if you had said he is not worth keeping as first choice, categorically.

Correct.

He's nowhere near starting material for us.

If he is, then we might as well pack it in.

8 now. Thanks for drawing my attention to a ridiculous post.

• Haha 3
10 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Still no way to judge Sokler.

Wasn't terrific today, but desperately needs more than a few minutes at the end or stuck out wide.

If we sell Miovski we will surely invest in a new number 9! I’d like maybe Sokler if this happens to go out on loan till January. Hopefully get starts and then come back and really push on after that 

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Sokler was like prime time Willem Van Der Ark yesterday 

No.

Well, maybe in terms of attitude ……both willing workers.

But so far , albeit with limited game time , Sokler has shown very little to suggest he comes close to Oooh-Aaah in ability and effectiveness.

Anyone else remember the New Year goal against Dundee at the Beach End ???…. Replicated by McKenna about 30 years later

• Upvote 1

Sokler gets into good positions and in the game-time he's had this season he always seems to get good chances in every game... his finishing is incredibly hit and miss though. I could see him getting 10-15 goals if he was our main striker next season, which I don't think is good enough.

Miovski is gone for sure. If by some miracle Duk stays he should be our main no.9 next season and he'll bang in 20-30 goals from that position. If Duk is away too, we'll need to unearth someone else to take the main role. Hopefully Bavidge gets some game time next season and that should tell us whether he's ever going to be good enough to become our main striker.

5 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Giving him game time is the only way we'll know if he's capable of converting chances. 

Couldn't have had better opportunites than yesterday to show if he was capable.

In a very low pressure situation in a game already won.

Unfortunately shat his pants and fell over his feet on both occasions.
Was a fucking affront.

His technique is abysmal.

Not a fucking hope in hell he is the man to lead our front line next season if Miovski goes.

Only a fucking retard would suggest as much.

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Couldn't have had better opportunites than yesterday to show if he was capable.

In a very low pressure situation in a game already won.

Unfortunately shat his pants and fell over his feet on both occasions.
Was a fucking affront.

His technique is abysmal.

Not a fucking hope in hell he is the man to lead our front line next season if Miovski goes.

Only a fucking retard would suggest as much.

A "retard" shows your level of intelligence. Terrible technique for his header last week. 

Also can you point out where I said he would lead the line next season? Thought not.