Ester Sokler

Seems like he plays much like Bojan, you can't say much for hold up play a highlight video would never show that but he can finish on both feet and use his head, hopefully another quality signing. Curious as to who finds these people, I know we've allegedly got a great analytics team but who decides eastern Europe is our market, do Atlanta have roots out there?

18 minutes ago, Big Dode said:

Seems like he plays much like Bojan, you can't say much for hold up play a highlight video would never show that but he can finish on both feet and use his head, hopefully another quality signing. Curious as to who finds these people, I know we've allegedly got a great analytics team but who decides eastern Europe is our market, do Atlanta have roots out there?

Good question. I'd like to know too.

I'd guess Atlanta scout all over Europe. This data must be shared with us. Dave Cormack loves his data too

Albania, North Macedonia, Slovenia etc are probably not overly scouted by our direct competitors. This leaves the odd gem at the level of player we are looking for. A pretty good strategy.

As others have said. It's exciting getting these guys in. Well played Aberdeen.

48 minutes ago, Sheep Shagger said:

Good question. I'd like to know too.

I'd guess Atlanta scout all over Europe. This data must be shared with us. Dave Cormack loves his data too

Albania, North Macedonia, Slovenia etc are probably not overly scouted by our direct competitors. This leaves the odd gem at the level of player we are looking for. A pretty good strategy.

As others have said. It's exciting getting these guys in. Well played Aberdeen.

We have given them a heads up on alot of our targets we are priced out on. We have a growing scouting network in Europe. It’s an exciting time for the club and recruitment. A quality summer window and I think we will really kick on again this season. 

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Dal Riata Don said:

I tried to earlier this week but this view was rejected on here.

MacDonald & Devlin. No one else was a regular starter last season.

Milne, Ngwenya & MacKenzie might come good - but going straight into Europe would be too much for them.  

Ngwenya & MacKenzie will never make it. 
MacKenzie is 23 now & not improved an iota.

Milne I have doubts about but he’s still got time 

Mackenzie probably gets another year as a backup due to the sheer turnover elsewhere literally making about 15 signings before even getting round to thinking about ditching him and replacing him.

Ngwenya probably goes on loan again?

Who knows about Milne and have they decided if he's a centre back or central midfielder yet? 

8 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Mackenzie probably gets another year as a backup due to the sheer turnover elsewhere literally making about 15 signings before even getting round to thinking about ditching him and replacing him.

Ngwenya probably goes on loan again?

Who knows about Milne and have they decided if he's a centre back or central midfielder yet? 

Jack MacKenzie is properly properly awful

I'm doubtful he is even championship level

Superb thighs though

• Haha 1
Just now, Millertime said:

Jack MacKenzie is properly properly awful

I'm doubtful he is even championship level

Superb thighs though

He's utterly shite and has looked even worse than he is in his recent appearances. We've surely bigger fish to fry though

5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

He's utterly shite and has looked even worse than he is in his recent appearances. We've surely bigger fish to fry though

What was that game he committed the cardinal sin of letting an easy ball bounce and we lost a goal from it

Hibs?

He is properly awful

Mclennan level of awful

4 minutes ago, Russell said:

Everybody went to school with some teuchter farmer's boy who liked like MacKenzie 

You post too much

It's relatively good content don't get me wrong,  but you're in a classic situation where less is more

You're also clearly someone who has been on here before under another name 

• Upvote 1
Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

We'll bring in a left wing back. 

No way Robson will go into next season relying on a fragile Jonny Hayes and Jack MacKenzie. 

Been a weak area for years. Last decent left back we had was Max Lowe on loan 

I'd make an offer of a loan for Alvaro Fernández who was on loan at Preston last season. Not going to get a look in at Utd and they might think regular football and guaranteed 8 European matches might stand him in good stead.

He'll probably go back to Championship or La Liga though.