Rhys Williams

55 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

True, but most loanees at least make it onto the pitch. Markanday last year hardly had a sniff, but he did get some gametime. Williams and Dadia, I think I'm right in saying, having ammassed a grand total of 0 minutes between them in competitive games? One has played for Liverpool's first team and one was brought in with Europa league experience, international cap, and with an option to buy. Seems utterly bizarre neither have got anywhere near the pitch. Why does nobody ever ask about them in the press conferences?

Will Dadia oust Devlin? I doubt it. Devlin has been our best signing of the summer. Robson sees him week in week out. I trust his judgement not the conspiracy theorists on here.

Williams got a game in some reserve cup thing and he was absolutely rank rotten. There have been rumours circulating ever sine Williams arrived re his attitude. Might be true, might not but he's obviously not done enough to warrant a start.

Again these things don't suit certain posters agenda's. 

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, minijc said:

That's very true however it must be a concern for the club how these loans get treated by the manager, totally fucked off Gorter too last season after he'd played well.

Maybe so but as soon as Roos came back in he was pretty much the best player on the park week in week out. His form after his injury was superb. Gorter can have no complaints playing second fiddle.

55 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

True, but most loanees at least make it onto the pitch. Markanday last year hardly had a sniff, but he did get some gametime. Williams and Dadia, I think I'm right in saying, having ammassed a grand total of 0 minutes between them in competitive games? One has played for Liverpool's first team and one was brought in with Europa league experience, international cap, and with an option to buy. Seems utterly bizarre neither have got anywhere near the pitch. Why does nobody ever ask about them in the press conferences?

We've had loads of loans that barely featured though. McLaughlin from Liverpool, Hodgkiss from West Brom and who can forget Myles Anderson. 

There should be less loans allowed which would force clubs to be more discerning in their choices and the overall quality of the loan pool would be higher as a result of limitations on how many a club can bring in. Clubs would also have to play more of their own youngsters if they had injuries too which is never a bad thing. 

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye. 
We have Gartenmann, Ruby, Jensen, MacDonald & Milne. 
MacKenzie at a push.

I’m pretty sure Dadia & Williams will be heading back to their clubs in January.

Frees up two salaries to sign a midfielder. 

Yup, no doubt Dadia and Williams will be sent home. I think it'll finally be the end for Besoujin too. Basically 2 years he's hardly played - the guy's career is going to be totally ruined if he doesn't move in January.

2 hours ago, Roberto said:

Williams may or may not be shite.

Dadia may or may not be shite.

However why the stubborn attitude towards these guys when it is far easier to use them in certain games?

Now they cannot and I repeat CANNOT be any worse than what Marvin has been doing.

What was script with Williams and Robson? 'He won't play for me'. Why is that?

Honestly, can we just rid ourselves of this cunt, Robson? Seriously... my interest this season has pretty much left me due to the eye bleeding stuff. I ain't the most patient of people at the best of times, but by fuck this has pushed me too far.

Would assume he’s 1 of the 2 loans that’s mentioned in that WhatsApp that havnt worked out and will be returning to parent clubs in January. 

2 minutes ago, slippers said:

Would assume he’s 1 of the 2 loans that’s mentioned in that WhatsApp that havnt worked out and will be returning to parent clubs in January. 

We've only got 3 loans at the moment haven't we? Gartenmann who's done okay and got lots of game time, and Williams and Dadia who've never played. Unless I'm missing another somewhere?

5 hours ago, Gilwern said:

Liverpool likely chucked him on in the League Cup or whatever to add a couple of zeros to any price tag. I think the jump from academy prospect to actual first team player is enormous.

Liverpool haven't a good record recently of their academy players progressing to be first team regulars, apart from Terence Trent D'Arby.

Others like Williams have had fleeting appearances for the first team but evidently they are not good, hence their perennial compulsion to spend millions of pounds on player transfers. 

However, due to them only playing just a few games for LFC, automatically they are supposedly multi-million pounds players. Despite the irrational and ludicrous price tags they are given by LFC, generally they are well below standard.

6 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We've had loads of loans that barely featured though. McLaughlin from Liverpool, Hodgkiss from West Brom and who can forget Myles Anderson. 

There should be less loans allowed which would force clubs to be more discerning in their choices and the overall quality of the loan pool would be higher as a result of limitations on how many a club can bring in. Clubs would also have to play more of their own youngsters if they had injuries too which is never a bad thing. 

I was scratching my heid for quite a while trying to remember these guys - and I’m still struggling.

6 hours ago, Sheepo said:

We shouldn’t be loaning players that are worse than what we already have and Williams and Dadia come into that category because we are into december and neither have played which is an utter waste of time for everyone concerned 

Williams is more than good enough to play some part for Aberdeen FC across a season or half season.

It just turns out he's had a personality clash with Robson and The Stubborn One has no intention to play him.

Expect his release to include some shite about a niggling injury rather than Robson just owning the situation.

I believe Robson will be the manager

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Williams is more than good enough to play some part for Aberdeen FC across a season or half season.

It just turns out he's had a personality clash with Robson and The Stubborn One has no intention to play him.

Expect his release to include some shite about a niggling injury rather than Robson just owning the situation.

I believe Robson will be the manager

How do you know ?

On 12/3/2023 at 9:52 AM, DD1903 said:

How do you know ?

How many of our players would get 1 minute on the park for Liverpool? This lad has played mutliple times for their first team. He might not have kicked on, and he might not be good enough to make a career out of playing for Liverpool, but Gartenman, Rubezic, Jensen, MacKenzie, MacDonald wouldn't get near the Liverpool first team. Not saying that means he should walk straight into the team, as there may be other factors - but I think it means he is "good enough" to play for Aberdeen.

Some of the other young players cited who we've had on loan from top clubs had never actually played in their first team, so it's not really a fair comparison. More was expected of Williams because he had played a decent number of games for them.

4 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

How many of our players would get 1 minute on the park for Liverpool? This lad has played mutliple times for their first team. He might not have kicked on, and he might not be good enough to make a career out of playing for Liverpool, but Gartenman, Rubezic, Jensen, MacKenzie, MacDonald wouldn't get near the Liverpool first team. Not saying that means he should walk straight into the team, as there may be other factors - but I think it means he is "good enough" to play for Aberdeen.

Some of the other young players cited who we've had on loan from top clubs had never actually played in their first team, so it's not really a fair comparison. More was expected of Williams because he had played a decent number of games for them.

Given some of the pish Liverpool have played over the years, I wouldn't use that as a measure...

10 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Nat Phillips has played multiple times for Liverpool. Can't get a game up here.

That gimp Ben Davies who plays for the huns came from Liverpool, not exactly covering himself in glory.

22 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Nat Phillips has played multiple times for Liverpool. Can't get a game up here.

That gimp Ben Davies who plays for the huns came from Liverpool, not exactly covering himself in glory.

What was the name of the right back that we got on loan a while back? He was pish