Rhys Williams

10 minutes ago, mike1234 said:

Apparently he suffered from Sciatica after his injury so is in no fit state to play

would make sense that Gartenmann as brought in to cover for him while he recovered. There was also a rumour that we had an option on Williams as part of the loan if it worked out, which would explain the patience

Bullshit.

Klopp moaning saying he's surprised he didn't play every minute possible.

Might affect future loans from Liverpool but I still remember that gimp completely wrecked our title bid season when he recalled Danny Ward out of nowhere and we had to play that traffic cone Scott Brown in goal (who pretty much cost us a cup final place in a semi against Dundee United. So f*ck him!

On 1/4/2024 at 11:33 AM, Andy_123 said:

A disgrace of a signing really. Questions should be getting asked of whoever sanctioned this one (and Dadia)

What should the club have known about him  , or what due diligence did the club fail to carry out before we took him on loan ?

55 minutes ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

Might affect future loans from Liverpool but I still remember that gimp completely wrecked our title bid season when he recalled Danny Ward out of nowhere and we had to play that traffic cone Scott Brown in goal (who pretty much cost us a cup final place in a semi against Dundee United. So f*ck him!

I don't buy Klopps puzzlement. Surely LFC would've been on the blower early doors to find out why Williams wasn't getting a game? For Klopp to say he's no idea what happened and that he'll need to speak to Williams to find out sounds like BS

3 hours ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

He was recalled from both of those, too, but Klopp’s assessment of Williams’ time at Aberdeen does not bode well for his chances at Liverpool.

“With Rhys it’s slightly different. He will be first with the U21s,” the manager confirmed.

“I will have to talk to him about why his loan spell didn’t work out, that was obviously different.

“The boy I know, I would expect to play in Scotland, 100 percent, from the first until the last second, if it’s not Celtic or Rangers where it’s always slightly different – and he didn’t.

“I will have to talk to him about that, didn’t do that yet but it will happen definitely. Then we will see what the outcome of that conversation is.”

Sounds more like Klopp is having a go at Williams rather than the club 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Russell said:

He was recalled from both of those, too, but Klopp’s assessment of Williams’ time at Aberdeen does not bode well for his chances at Liverpool.

“With Rhys it’s slightly different. He will be first with the U21s,” the manager confirmed.

“I will have to talk to him about why his loan spell didn’t work out, that was obviously different.

“The boy I know, I would expect to play in Scotland, 100 percent, from the first until the last second, if it’s not Celtic or Rangers where it’s always slightly different – and he didn’t.

“I will have to talk to him about that, didn’t do that yet but it will happen definitely. Then we will see what the outcome of that conversation is.”

Surely, whoever is Liverpool’s loans manager would have been made aware of “the situation” with Williams and AFC months ago, so Klopp is speaking pish. So fuck Liverpool in general and Klopp in particular 

I honestly don't know if there's much to this other than question marks over his application. I suspect we've not done our due diligence on how well he trains etc and he's possibly turned up thinking he should walk into the team.

Klopp's comments are a bit simplistic and sound like someone who doesn't have a grasp of the fact that plenty of EPL 2 loanees have come to the Scottish Premiership and failed for various reasons. 

The Or Dadia one puzzles me more. Is he just really bad? Did Robson watch a few clips on Wyscout and think 'f**k it, worth a punt'?

16 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

I honestly don't know if there's much to this other than question marks over his application. I suspect we've not done our due diligence on how well he trains etc and he's possibly turned up thinking he should walk into the team.

Klopp's comments are a bit simplistic and sound like someone who doesn't have a grasp of the fact that plenty of EPL 2 loanees have come to the Scottish Premiership and failed for various reasons. 

The Or Dadia one puzzles me more. Is he just really bad? Did Robson watch a few clips on Wyscout and think 'f**k it, worth a punt'?

Dunno, I read Klopp's comments more along the lines of Williams should have the ability to play every week so what was holding him back? He didn't bad mouth Aberdeen in any way and put the emphasis on Williams will be in the U21s and they'll be having a discussion with him. Compare that to Phillips who, by all accounts, was shite when he played for Celtic but will be back with the first team.

19 minutes ago, Russell said:

Dunno, I read Klopp's comments more along the lines of Williams should have the ability to play every week so what was holding him back? He didn't bad mouth Aberdeen in any way and put the emphasis on Williams will be in the U21s and they'll be having a discussion with him. Compare that to Phillips who, by all accounts, was shite when he played for Celtic but will be back with the first team.

That's how I read it, too

53 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

Do you believe that Robson gets the final word?

Not sure what all the hate for Klopp is about here.

What he’s said makes sense and seems pretty reasonable- he articulates himself without saying too much or jumping to conclusions or calling anyone out in public, and he doesn’t revert to cliches, mumbling a load of bollocks or hiding behind a snide smug attitude.

7 minutes ago, Helmet said:

What he’s said makes sense and seems pretty reasonable- he articulates himself without saying too much or jumping to conclusions or calling anyone out in public, and he doesn’t revert to cliches, mumbling a load of bollocks or hiding behind a snide smug attitude.

Agree.

Plus Liverpool are what we can definitely call a "proper football club". Forget Man City, Chelsea and the likes, fabricated teams with only a fraction of real history.

32 minutes ago, Helmet said:

I do. 

Liverpool have a person who looks after all the loan players (David Woodfine). He would be in regular contact with AFC, Williams & Klopp. 

For Klopp to come out playing the “I know nothing” card is typical of the smug German prick. 

• Upvote 3
  • Dildo 2
3 hours ago, Russell said:

Yeah that sounds like Dr Teeth saying “the fuck did you do up there in Aberdeen?”

• Upvote 1
On 1/4/2024 at 5:33 AM, Andy_123 said:

A disgrace of a signing really. Questions should be getting asked of whoever sanctioned this one (and Dadia)

Is it though? There’s inherent risk for all parties when taking a young relatively inexperienced player onto a clubs books where he’s in effect a promising but largely untested and raw entity. Otherwise we would not get a shotty of him. So some (Clarkson/Maddison) suit the lad and the club and others simply don’t work out. Doesn’t mean it’s a disgrace of a signing. We’ll no doubt embrace that risk again going forward in the hope we see the positive outcomes we know are possible. In the case of this lad Williams it simply didnt work but on we go. Hardly cause for an Enquiry and hearings.

As a Pitmedden lad and Formartine fan I’ve heard that his performance for the Dons side that played Formartine was so preposterously bad that most assumed he was way behind the standard they’d hoped for or he just hadn’t settled. Lads affa lucky Teddy Scott wasn’t still on the touchline with his dog these days or he may have received the cursory shake of the head. 

• Upvote 4

To be fair to the lad I was at the Formartine game and he looked off the pace but was far from preposterously bad, he just looked like someone who needed games under his belt as most players do after being out. 

Don’t know what’s happened to him but he had hurt his back as soon as he arrived and couldn’t train as it wasn’t healing, possibly a bit of the big time billy attitude. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

I do. 

Liverpool have a person who looks after all the loan players (David Woodfine). He would be in regular contact with AFC, Williams & Klopp. 

For Klopp to come out playing the “I know nothing” card is typical of the smug German prick. 

What? You expect him to publicly share the detail of those reports or what he really thinks happened?

Don't be daft, he’s playing the game in a way our manager could only manage in his wildest dreams.

If only we had someone even half as good as Klopp at our club.

• Dildo 1
8 minutes ago, Helmet said:

What? You expect him to publicly share the detail of those reports or what he really thinks happened?

Don't be daft, he’s playing the game in a way our manager could only manage in his wildest dreams.

If only we had someone even half as good as Klopp at our club.

Surely Dave beats him for Teeth 

2 hours ago, The Lighthouse said:

Agree.

Plus Liverpool are what we can definitely call a "proper football club". Forget Man City, Chelsea and the likes, fabricated teams with only a fraction of real history.

What’s the difference between Liverpool and Chelsea? That Liverpool won a few titles in the 70’s? 

don’t really get the love in for Liverpool tbh 

• Upvote 1