During the war...

dervish

17 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

White feathers being laid on their laps.

On that subject did you know the local term 'whiters' meanin' poofs of course came from the days it was illegal to be a bummer and they used to wear  white hats, caps, bonnets fitivver so ither poop miners kent they were bendyhoos inna.  So legend has it.

4 minutes ago, patrick bateman said:

So when he says he's a millionaire is that on the wind up 

Or is he only on the wind up when he's said something monumentally dumb.

I'm thinking he's actually on benefits living in a bedsit 

Well you’ll never know. I may well be texting from Queens Road or maybe in a cardboard box on Union Street. You can deliberate it, while I couldn’t give a flying fuck what you are up to other than if you are an Aberdeen fan I hope you are in good health.

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

On that subject did you know the local term 'whiters' meanin' poofs of course came from the days it was illegal to be a bummer and they used to wear  white hats, caps, bonnets fitivver so ither poop miners kent they were bendyhoos inna.  So legend has it.

Knows a lot about it^^

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Not really. The one in the Jap POW camp hated the Japs and wouldn't recognize their later apologies but took their cash (rightly so imo) and didn't entertain the Gordon Highlanders reunions etc. 

Mates Grandad was also a Jap POW and he absolutely hated them to his dying day. 

2 hours ago, Fridge said:

Well you’ll never know. I may well be texting from Queens Road or maybe in a cardboard box on Union Street. You can deliberate it, while I couldn’t give a flying fuck what you are up to other than if you are an Aberdeen fan I hope you are in good health.

Might live in Westhill, might not.

Might have a small willy, probably do.

Might have syphilis.

Jesus. Tired effort from me today. 

1 minute ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That crash site and the farm where he was taken to is just up the road from me on Eaglesham Moor. There’s an unofficial stone memorial to the event. The farmer who captured Hess was a David McLean. 

It wasn't Benders grandad. 

The stories told were so far fetched you couldn't help but listen and ask questions but laugh like fuck.

He had a PlayStation 5 in 2008.

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That crash site and the farm where he was taken to is just up the road from me on Eaglesham Moor. There’s an unofficial stone memorial to the event. The farmer who captured Hess was a David McLean. 

Didnt realise there was a some memorial to this, you got a location of that, will take a spin on the bike one evening for a gander

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

He was held in the former Maryhill barracks. My old flat was built on the site where it used to be. Still has a lot of the old perimeter wall to this day.

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

It wasn't Benders grandad. 

The stories told were so far fetched you couldn't help but listen and ask questions but laugh like fuck.

He had a PlayStation 5 in 2008.

Any relation to MO? 

Took a roundabout at 50mph whilst rolling a j 😄

6 hours ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Never heard of that.

2 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That’s right. When he first arrived someone was sent out to get him a fish supper. It’s not recorded what he thought of it . 

Folk that have lived there all their lives still call it the Barracks, rather than the Wyndford. The young team were the BBC (Barracks Baby Crew)

7 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

The cunts were committing atrocities to try and demonstrate that they were more savage than their compatriots. Scum of the earth. 

Similar to a religion/ideology stealing territory that isn't there's, brutalising the people, stealing more territory, then blaming those people when they even slightly react.

And we're not talking about the Nazis. :checkit:

5 hours ago, Don Fonte said:

Similar to a religion/ideology stealing territory that isn't there's, brutalising the people, stealing more territory, then blaming those people when they even slightly react.

And we're not talking about the Nazis. :checkit:

Was coming to reply israel/ America to Hanz’ post but you already covered it 

yanks get off far too easily for their bomb drops on the japs. We know why, obviously.

58 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

What would have you done in that situation Poods. 

Yanks are wanks in most situations but that’s a tough one imo. 

The japs were starving to death. I can’t believe that nukes were a better option than the siege method that worked for thousands of years - block the ports, Bomb the crops. that’s a bingo 

Anything that suggests nuclear was the best option is just American propaganda imo. 

2 minutes ago, Poodler said:

The japs were starving to death. I can’t believe that nukes were a better option than the siege method that worked for thousands of years - block the ports, Bomb the crops. that’s a bingo 

Anything that suggests nuclear was the best option is just American propaganda imo. 

On the plus side, it alerted aliens to our progress and now they protect us from ourselves, like Westminster protects Scotland from itself

24 minutes ago, Poodler said:

So mass famine was the answer?

7 hours ago, Poodler said:

IMG-4312.jpg

Two nukes later and it's an away win for Uncle Sam, despite Japan's pressure giving them an early lead.

Given the atrocities the Germans and Japanese were perpetrating on civilian populations a couple of nukes was small retribution.

And there's no doubt that if the Axis had nukes London and Washington would have gone up like Chinese pyjamas.

Hilarious that the Japanese who were slaughtering Chinese civilians and working Allied POWs to death in the jungle would complain about war crimes.

And the Germans had just about perfected genocide on an industrial scale.

• Upvote 2
19 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Two nukes later and it's an away win for Uncle Sam, despite Japan's pressure giving them an early lead.

Given the atrocities the Germans and Japanese were perpetrating on civilian populations a couple of nukes was small retribution.

And there's no doubt that if the Axis had nukes London and Washington would have gone up like Chinese pyjamas.

Hilarious that the Japanese who were slaughtering Chinese civilians and working Allied POWs to death in the jungle would complain about war crimes.

And the Germans had just about perfected genocide on an industrial scale.

But does that make the Japs or the Jerries bad people?

18 hours ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

My Mum and her brother got into big trouble when they were kids, when a German bomber crashed where ASDA at Bridge of Dee is now. I think it was a dog racing track at the time or something.

Anyway, they came home covered in soot and stinking of fuel and roasted Gerry pilot. Apparently my uncle kept a couple of small bits of the plane as a 'souvenir' but no idea if they were chucked or someone else has them.

I often find it difficult to comprehend what living through air raids and having to hide in shelters, putting on gas masks etc must have been like, when hearing their stories from that time. Terrifying, I assume.

It was a dog racing track

18 minutes ago, sigh said:

But does that make the Japs or the Jerries bad people?

I just wish the Yanks had taken a little more time in developing the atomic bomb so that it killed everything except Japanese women aged 18-35.

Oppenheimer was a clever bastard. I know he could have done it. 

Regardless.

Given what the Axis were perpetrating, ending the war as quickly as possible was certainly the right thing to do, even if that meant going down the Tarkin Destroys Alderaan To Demonstrate The Death Star's Power route. 

spacer.png