Richard Jensen

4 hours ago, Ramandu said:

Wiki, speaking about his brother: 

Jensen is a member of the Swedish-speaking population of Finland.

Glad I could provide that crucial and interesting information.

Where they are born (Porvoo), Swedish is the first language followed by Finnish. Strange but true apparently.  Information obtained from a Finnish national. 

Just watched his red tv interview and got to say first impressions of him are really good, looks like a thoughtful, intelligent young man, liked the way he paused to reflect before answering any questions and his back story (twente) was impressive. A think this lad will be good(not just the interview but excited on getting a good Scandinavian defender also.) looking forward to see him improving our defence.

8 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Just watched his red tv interview and got to say first impressions of him are really good, looks like a thoughtful, intelligent young man, liked the way he paused to reflect before answering any questions and his back story (twente) was impressive. A think this lad will be good(not just the interview but excited on getting a good Scandinavian defender also.) looking forward to see him improving our defence.

Aye seems very switched on and was well spoken in the interview. I have high hopes for him once settled seeing the teams he has played for. He isn’t Scandinavian but Nordic. 

11 minutes ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

Aye seems very switched on and was well spoken in the interview. I have high hopes for him once settled seeing the teams he has played for. He isn’t Scandinavian but Nordic. 

Oooops, sorry, that’s the word I couldn’t mind, same thoughts, quite excited about him, would like to think he will be a lot better than scales for more than half the price. 

On 8/30/2023 at 3:46 PM, Andy_123 said:

Once the back 3 get to know each other a bit better I think they'll all improve as a unit.

We got lucky last season that MacDonald, Pollock and Scales gelled instantly to form a pretty solid backline. Definitely not how it usually happens, especially at our level.

Perhaps and as long as they’re not left isolated 1 on 1, with a team that play 3 up top (which most will having see us play) and none of their attacking 3 are fast as fuck..

Good to note Richard Jensen has got a start for Finland in their WC qualifier away to Kazakhstan this afternoon. 

Here's hoping that's not going to be used as an excuse if his form dips when returning to play for AFC against Hearts by Barry Robson......

"He's travelled a lot lately".

"He had his boots stolen when he was in Astana Airport on the way back from Kazakhstan."

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Him and Gartenmann streets ahead of Ruby, MacDonald and potentially Williams - fuck knows what's happening with him. 

Would be keen to do business for Gartenmann earlier as his price will go up with every solid performance.

This about sums it up. I've been particularly impressed with the Great Dane - loves a crunching tackle.