Do you think you could do a show at the Fringe?

Redforever86

I mean, with 'art' you can do any old shit and guaranteed some poncey cunt is going to give you a glowing review in their magazine/blog/paper/youtube channel. 

I could do a two hour set just berating cunts in jeans and trainers and some bam is going to say its an 'Alexandrian stance against the advent of the Conformist Denim Horde', or some such flowery shite, when in fact all I did was get pished ahead of time and yelled abuse at strangers while hanging on to a nearby wall for 120 minutes.  

Technically they'd be right, though. 

If I was to do something, it wouldn't be doing this.....

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/health/edinburgh-festival-sword-swallower-rushed-to-hospital-as-signature-blade-trick-goes-tragically-wrong-4099441

Anyway, I would be grassed on to the DWP by an anonymous sniffer, a filthy snitch, a noble citizen, or a curtain-twitcher if I performed at the Fringe and consequently have my rock 'n' roll money stopped again. 

39 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

best thing about the festival was the drinking

zero shows

3am pubs & 5am clubs

You do need to fit in some shows around the drinking. We used to do an afternoon start and go all the way through the night until it was time for the first train home in the morning. Espionage came in handy for its 5am finish then stagger to Waverley. Did that for about 5 days on the bounce and was absolutely burst and skint. Would have been cheaper going abroad for the week.