Pape Habib Guèye

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I presume these sound bites coming out from Robson and Agnew mean that we've looked at shipping him out on loan and now decided against it?

It would certainly be bizarre to send him out on loan this week after these quotes 

Where are you seeing the quotes?

5 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I presume these sound bites coming out from Robson and Agnew mean that we've looked at shipping him out on loan and now decided against it?

It would certainly be bizarre to send him out on loan this week after these quotes 

More like they couldn’t find anyone to take him 

5 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Who says he's not going to be loaned plenty time yet.

5 minutes ago, starryfish said:

More like they couldn’t find anyone to take him 

I could believe that

2 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Who says he's not going to be loaned plenty time yet.

Absolutely but it wont be on the immediate horizon when they've fed the press those quotes

6 minutes ago, Poodler said:

One of the worst purchases =\>500k ever? 

would love to see the evidence they used to scout/ sign this one 

But Millwall tried to sign him for £1.5 million 2 years ago. So he must be good !!!!!!!

The Abz lads had a Belgium fitba 'expert' on when he signed. Typically when they do this the 'expert' is positive about the player and will even cover themselves with a - he's a bit raw etc etc

But the boy pretty much said from the off he was absolutely shite.

I knew we had a problem there.

• Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

It’s one of those ones would a 5 month  loan to a championship club work for him to get him playing then back for summer pre season and then look again next January 

If we are loaning him anywhere then send him back to the Norwegian club he scored all those goals for

1 hour ago, RAZOR said:

The Abz lads had a Belgium fitba 'expert' on when he signed. Typically when they do this the 'expert' is positive about the player and will even cover themselves with a - he's a bit raw etc etc

But the boy pretty much said from the off he was absolutely shite.

I knew we had a problem there.

Aye, they referenced that again in their latest episode. 

This boy is in the same class as Nkwali or fitever he was called. Utter shite.

If he turns it around in the second half of the season I'll be amazed and delighted in equal measure. 

• Downvote 1
20 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If we are loaning him anywhere then send him back to the Norwegian club he scored all those goals for

Even looking at his stats on transfer market, it doesn’t make sense where they thought he was worth what they paid. 

there’s nothing there that suggests he was acceptable. 

irresponsible with finances. Unprofessional. DoF shown up to be a charlatan tbh.

6 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Even looking at his stats on transfer market, it doesn’t make sense where they thought he was worth what they paid. 

there’s nothing there that suggests he was acceptable. 

irresponsible with finances. Unprofessional. DoF shown up to be a charlatan tbh.

Yep i was just checking that mysefl, the club has made an arse of it i reckon.

Hasn’t scored 5 league goals in the last 4 seasons.

1) Who the fuck suggested him? Mowbray? 

2) Why the fuck did Gunn & then presumably Robson sanction the club spend a substantial fee on him? 

It only emphasises that neither should be doing the jobs they’re doing. 
Our DoF, just HAS to have proper football experience & knowledge.

That’s me assuming the recruitment strategy is that the HoR & his team find players that meet a certain criteria (presumably data driven?). 
That goes to the DoF, & a list of “x” players goes to Robson & he has final say? 

If so, how did Gueye’s data make any list? 

• Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, Oregon Red said:

He seems shite alright. But he really hasn't had much of a chance due to Robsons irrational fear of using a full squad.

I would like to see him start against Clyde. Partnered with Sockler.

Give Mio a rest

Miovski will have just had 2 weeks rest...

After Darvel we've got to go strongest squad to start with and hopefully we are in a position to make changes at half time to give guys like Pape a decent 45 mins rather than just 5 mins at the end of a game every once in a blue moon