Pape Habib Guèye

6 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

If he's as bad as he's looked in his limited minutes for the first XI and as bad as those who saw him tonight claim him to be, then the question has to be asked about the scouting of this guy and who sanctioned the signing. Seems like a waste of a shirt and a wage.

We've nae been conned by some Senegaldse prince have we and blackmailed into signing him??

I find it unbelievable that apparently Millwall were prepared to pay £1.5m for Gueye in January 2022.

It CAN’T be the same player, surely? 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I find it unbelievable that apparently Millwall were prepared to pay £1.5m for Gueye in January 2022.

Who the actual fuck is scouting these players? To say they had been chasing Gueye for months beggars belief.

36 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

If he's as bad as he's looked in his limited minutes for the first XI and as bad as those who saw him tonight claim him to be, then the question has to be asked about the scouting of this guy and who sanctioned the signing. Seems like a waste of a shirt and a wage.

We've nae been conned by some Senegaldse prince have we and blackmailed into signing him??

I saw him tonight and he was one of our better players so don't believe everything you hear.

1 minute ago, JumboJET said:

That's it - 100% confirmed Papa Gay is SHITE!

If you want to write off players whom we've hardly seen play, on top of several other negative pish about AFC in general, then crack on.

8 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

How did he fare in general against the HL defenders?

2nd half was holding off most attempts to win the ball off him. Some decent flick ons. Broch are actually all right. You want to single players out, then other end of pitch is where I'd start. MacDonald was honking at times, but such lack of game time - maybe expected.

On 10/12/2023 at 5:21 AM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It’s been discussed quite extensively on here. When he was signed, there was a Belgian football correspondent on all the podcasts… he explained Gueye had a really bad knee ligament injury and missed a lot of football. Prior to the injury he was flying and lots of teams were interested.. since coming back he’d been a shadow of the player.

this signing was clearly a gamble (or a project player) on the basis that we might be able to get him going again, or back to somewhere close to his previous level. There is no way Gueye was signed purely on the basis of his post-injury form - it would be impossible for our scouts to be that inept.  I also don’t believe we paid anywhere £500k for him… not sure where this figure has even come from? Pure ‘Hat fantasy methinks!

7 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

If only there was some kind of get together that takes place 5 or 6 times a week where they could show they are worthy

Indeed.

I think a good few of them know that no matter what they do in training, they're not going to get a chance or any meaningful minutes in the first XI.

Robson has his favoured XI + select few and is sticking with that. That's fine I suppose as you only want players that are giving 100% all the time

It's just poor that we've now got a few guys contributing fuck all and wasting a wage.

8 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We’ve spent (allegedly) around £1.4m on Sokler, Gueye, Richardson & Morris in the last 15 months or so. 

I suppose you can counter that with Duk & Miovski costing £525k between them, but the 4 mentioned don’t look like good investments. 

Add in Ramadani, Jensen and Rubezic. It’s hit and miss but people were crying for years about us not signing players from further afield. 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Indeed.

I think a good few of them know that no matter what they do in training, they're not going to get a chance or any meaningful minutes in the first XI.

Robson has his favoured XI + select few and is sticking with that. That's fine I suppose as you only want players that are giving 100% all the time

It's just poor that we've now got a few guys contributing fuck all and wasting a wage.

Justice for Big Gus.

Or possibly just coffee.

11 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We’ve spent (allegedly) around £1.4m on Sokler, Gueye, Richardson & Morris in the last 15 months or so. 

I suppose you can counter that with Duk & Miovski costing £525k between them, but the 4 mentioned don’t look like good investments. 

Nearer a million was it not?  £600k for Miovski and 3 or 4 hundred grand for Duk