League Cup

Message added by Bebo,

Hullo Hullo to the good folks from Swallow Swallow.

:hunbash:

You let your club die. :rangers:

:sheepdance:

42 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Going to be interesting to see who gets Sunday game if it’s in between 2 Thurs Euro games as both us & Huns will be playing the Thurs 🤔

Strange they never thought of this & fixed the draw for us to play Huns 🤔

The Euro game away to PAOK is the Thursday after the semi final weekend, no Euro game before that weekend

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Zeus said:

Be difficult for Hearts fans being in the "celtic end". LOL

That shit also needs to get in the bin btw. A fucking shambles truthfully 

I want Aberdeen to ask the SPFL or SFA, dependant on the competition, for the West Stand if we play the Huns, or the East Stand if we play the Tims.

Just to force the authorities to explain their rationale for reserving ends for two teams.

We know it’s based on religion.  
If we play Hibs, we get the West “Rangers” end, because Hibs are more “Catholic”, so get the “Celtic end”, and vice versa if we play Hearts.

It’s fucking pathetic, but no clubs ever challenge them on it. 

• Upvote 5
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I want Aberdeen to ask the SPFL or SFA, dependant on the competition, for the West Stand if we play the Huns, or the East Stand if we play the Tims.

Just to force the authorities to explain their rationale for reserving ends for two teams.

We know it’s based on religion.  
If we play Hibs, we get the West “Rangers” end, because Hibs are more “Catholic”, so get the “Celtic end”, and vice versa if we play Hearts.

Not that i disagree with what your saying because I dont. But how was the Morton semi decided? Who was the taigs then?

1 hour ago, caledonia said:

See the SPFL have given Hearts less tickets than the dead club and used the Excuse of segregation yet Aberdeen v Hibs is 50/50

Time something was done about this constant blatent bias towards the huns

IMG-9263.jpg

Hearts ' semi-final tickets sales in recent years has been pathetic though, considering it takes them under an hour to get to Hampden.

The last time they played Rangers in a League Cup semi-final they were given 17,000 but had to hand thousands back because they couldn't sell them.

In 2014, the year we won it, they struggled to sell 10,000 for a semi which was being held in their own city. 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We know it’s based on religion.  
If we play Hibs, we get the West “Rangers” end, because Hibs are more “Catholic”, so get the “Celtic end”, and vice versa if we play Hearts.

It's really not that big a deal.

Aye it would have been a religion thing years ago. These days it's simply a case of it's easier to just stick to those ends, unless there's a good enough reason why Aberdeen would need to have the east side of Hampden.

For example, Hearts got given the east side of Hampden when they played St Mirren, despite usually getting the west, because Paisley is on the west side of Hampden and their fans would he coming from that side.

Just now, Dunty said:

Hearts ' semi-final tickets sales in recent years has been pathetic though, considering it takes them under an hour to get to Hampden.

The last time they played Rangers in a League Cup semi-final they were given 17,000 but had to hand thousands back because they couldn't sell them.

In 2014, the year we won it, they struggled to sell 10,000 for a semi which was being held in their own city. 

It's really not that big a deal.

Aye it would have been a religion thing years ago. These days it's simply a case of it's easier to just stick to those ends, unless there's a good enough reason why Aberdeen would need to have the east side of Hampden.

For example, Hearts got given the east side of Hampden when they played St Mirren, despite usually getting the west, because Paisley is on the west side of Hampden and their fans would he coming from that side.

Shite.

Why do we get the east stand when playing the Huns, but the west when playing the Tims? 

29 minutes ago, caledonia said:

It should always be 50/50 to start off how the fuck could they use segregation as an excuse when we play hibs 24 hours earler and have a 50/50 split

I could not give a fuck about Hearts but i am sick to fuck of this old firm bias all the time.

Hampden is a ridiculous venue for the semis in my opinion. Why is it important to allow the most amount possible of one set of fans in for these games? If it was an exercise in filling a massive ground then you'd pick Murrayfield for the Hun fest (and maybe even our game). Our game will be played in a half empty ground.

Hampden is a Glasgow ground for Glasgow teams. Always has been and always will be. The north stand is the only decent viewing point and it is reserved for them.

30 minutes ago, caledonia said:

It should always be 50/50 to start off how the fuck could they use segregation as an excuse when we play hibs 24 hours earler and have a 50/50 split

I could not give a fuck about Hearts but i am sick to fuck of this old firm bias all the time.

Who? 
Just because the SFA & SPFL are stuck in the past, doesn’t mean we have to be. 

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Shite.

Why do we get the east stand when playing the Huns, but the west when playing the Tims? 

Did you read my post at all?

Unless the SFA/SPFL have a reason to give Aberdeen the west stand when playing Rangers, they'll just stick to what they've always done.

The Dons would need to actually lobby for a change, and they likely can't be arsed. Neither can anyone else.

3 hours ago, ahead on alphabet said:

Our game will be played in a half empty ground.

Then where do you play it?

Last two Hampden crowds for Dons v Hibs were 28,278 (2012) and 31,969 (2017).

If Hampden is too big, then Murrayfield is even bigger.

Tynecastle would be a great atmosphere but holds about 19,000, that's potentially 13,000 fans getting locked out. 

The issue isn't where it is. It's Scotrail and the bus companies racking up their prices rather than trying to help get fans there.

4 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

Scottish football is a joke run by blazers. Compare that to Frankfurt last week. €13 a ticket and free tram travel (albeit crushed) to and from the ground. 

Spot on, I went to to the last 2 Scotland games in Germany, in 2003 the ticket was 10 euro and included public transport. The following week, AFC were charging £20 or so for a league cup game against Queen of the South.

The last game in 2014, we stayed in Dusseldorf, about 50 miles away from Dortmund and the train journey was also included in the match ticket. They are miles ahead of us.

11 hours ago, caledonia said:

See the SPFL have given Hearts less tickets than the dead club and used the Excuse of segregation yet Aberdeen v Hibs is 50/50

Time something was done about this constant blatent bias towards the huns

IMG-9263.jpg

It’s crazy. Hun-celtic 50/50

Aberdeen-Hibs 50/50

Hibs-hearts final would likely again be 50/50

aberdeen-hearts would possibly see hearts majority if not 50/50

yet if Huns or celtic get games v anyone other than each other they make up some bs about ‘segregation issues’ 

it’s a total rid up 

10 hours ago, Dunty said:

Aye but that was before they won the season ticket World Cup and had ten million on a waiting list…..

• 2 weeks later...