League Cup

Message added by Bebo,

Hullo Hullo to the good folks from Swallow Swallow.

:hunbash:

You let your club die. :rangers:

:sheepdance:

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

It’s a good question

I don’t think these issues can be sorted out mid season and sadly not at 6 weeks notice before a cup final 

At the very least Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs need to send a delegation to the SPFL and the SFA and put a very strong joint argument forward that this cannot fucking happen every season at their whim 

Hopefully other clubs would be interested in making the point too although apart from Dundee Utd I don’t think any other clubs could take 20,000+ to Hampden 

In the meantime we sell out the allocation that we’ve been given fucking lively 

Slow sales or not even selling the allocation sadly validates their position 

As the Cockwomble consistently states when he's under pressure, the SPFL IS the clubs,

THEY appoint the board , that THEY allow to take the decisions

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

It’s a good question

I don’t think these issues can be sorted out mid season and sadly not at 6 weeks notice before a cup final 

At the very least Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs need to send a delegation to the SPFL and the SFA and put a very strong joint argument forward that this cannot fucking happen every season at their whim 

Hopefully other clubs would be interested in making the point too although apart from Dundee Utd I don’t think any other clubs could take 20,000+ to Hampden 

Agree with this, it’s a pointless argument waiting until you get to the final then moaning.

If the clubs want to change it they need to pass a motion to change the rules so that the assumption is always to target a 50-50 split for all cup finals initially and then adjust as sales progress or whatever.

And also pass a motion that the fans are allocated an “end” of hampden randomly and not according to some daft historical preference.

We need to remove all these stupid little favouritisms from our game if we ever want to get the whole thing on an even keel.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Helmet said:

We need to remove all these stupid little favouritisms from our game if we ever want to get the whole thing on an even keel.

I can guarantee you that you can make these changes you desire and the OF will absolutely 100% still dominate season after season. That's not an even keel and while some features may be annoying they are not relevant to the state of Scottish football where only 2 teams can ever possibly win the league.

That's down to finance and no rule changes can do anything about that. The OF are now further ahead of everyone else than they have ever been and that gap is only likely to increase.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Lan_Lad said:

I can guarantee you that you can make these changes you desire and the OF will absolutely 100% still dominate season after season. That's not an even keel and while some features may be annoying they are not relevant to the state of Scottish football where only 2 teams can ever possibly win the league.

That's down to finance and no rule changes can do anything about that. The OF are now further ahead of everyone else than they have ever been and that gap is only likely to increase.

Does that include the Pretendy liquidation rules?

18 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

It’s a good question

That's a fair summary, thanks

Quite a few, myself included, have mentioned 'serving notice' if you like, at the start of each season until something gives, for a number of years now - Personally, they should throw the voting structure (I know!) into the mix at the same time - It's draconian, completely lopsided, and has not one bit of sporting integrity - Perhaps there's someone on here who could comment on the legal position surrounding all this, as I have no idea?

I've also noticed a wee bit more noise from the other supports regarding this nonsense now, too - Whether it's enough to really gather pace, I don't know - What is obvious, though, is that if we're (All the other clubs out-with the duopoly) not prepared to tackle this transparently and effectively, 'we' reap what we sow

Just now, NorfolkDandy said:

Quite a few, myself included, have mentioned 'serving notice' if you like, at the start of each season until something gives, for a number of years now - Personally, they should throw the voting structure (I know!) into the mix at the same time - It's draconian, completely lopsided, and has not one bit of sporting integrity - Perhaps there's someone on here who could comment on the legal position surrounding all this, as I have no idea?

I've also noticed a wee bit more noise from the other supports regarding this nonsense now, too - Whether it's enough to really gather pace, I don't know - What is obvious, though, is that if we're (All the other clubs out-with the duopoly) not prepared to tackle this transparently and effectively, 'we' reap what we sow

I see the SPFL have re arranged the Livi game for the Wednesday after the Cup final. Gives us 9 games in December!!

7 minutes ago, G man said:

I see the SPFL have re arranged the Livi game for the Wednesday after the Cup final. Gives us 9 games in December!!

I don't see the point of the January break if it just means cramming the games in.What happens if we have to postpone games in December?Then you have probably lower attendances with the amount of games perhaps as well

17 hours ago, Helmet said:

Agree with this, it’s a pointless argument waiting until you get to the final then moaning.

If the clubs want to change it they need to pass a motion to change the rules so that the assumption is always to target a 50-50 split for all cup finals initially and then adjust as sales progress or whatever.

And also pass a motion that the fans are allocated an “end” of hampden randomly and not according to some daft historical preference.

Give every supporter a sachet of this lovely stuff and they'll be passing motions sooner than they could ever imagine....

Moviprep hi-res stock photography and images - Alamy

10 hours ago, Lan_Lad said:

Not sure where this came from, I’m talking about getting the governance back in balance not about rules to somehow force a level playing field?

5 hours ago, NorfolkDandy said:

All the other clubs should just resign from the league and leave the arse cheeks to play themselves or junior teams. 

Start our own league. Would be a really good competitive league. 

Arse cheeks trading titles is incredibly dull unless you are one of the many armchair gloryhunters from the North East

• Upvote 2

"He felt something in his knee against Aberdeen – probably from doing that knee-slide after he scored. So, that’s another double whammy; he does a knee-slide for what I felt was a perfectly good goal – and a great goal from Martin – and maybe he jarred his knee a little bit and we can’t afford to take any risks. "

:hysterical:

Hampden is a big pitch too so lets hope he teaches them how to defend narrow and move the ball forward in a manner which avoids the long punt.  Sit in like today and it could be ugly in the final too.  Need to keep our heads, the referee team will be desperate to award anything they can to the scum to end their long wait for a league cup

3 hours ago, NorfolkDandy said:

Good luck shifting 19,500 tickets @£40 a pop after that

Disgraceful

Most people will just go because it’s cup final and you never know…but yeah I think a good 3,500 odd will probably think we’ve no chance and those tickets will be returned.

12 hours ago, ab24_5qh said:

£39 or £44 for a league cup final ticket. How the feck can 25k huns find that money? Selling methadone or body organs is my guess.

Does seem expensive though.

And most of them don't have travel to pay for while most of ours will.

Honestly, fuck the SPFL.

Sack the useless cunt & we'll sell all tickets easily enough.

Don't sack him & we'll def struggle

He can't hang onto his job based on a couple of 'respectable' failures to win in Europe, a sneak into the LC final & a win over Huns.

None of the above should anything close to override ALL the other joke performances/results this season & how the fk he's clinging to his job is genuinely baffling. He's not even close to 'a work in progress' even. It's clear & obvious he's managing at a level or two above his abilities 

9 hours ago, RUL said:

Most people will just go because it’s cup final and you never know…but yeah I think a good 3,500 odd will probably think we’ve no chance and those tickets will be returned.

It’s made my mind up that’s for sure. I’m out. Fuck that. huns will thump us if we’ve still got those tactics. 

On a more optimistic note for our ticket sales, we had 10 of our group at the semi final, but looking at 15 (maybe more) going to the final.  Not that anyone's feeling particularly positive about our hopes right now, but the consensus was that if we did win folk didn't want to miss out on having been there, and that if we lose we'd all be pissed off whether we were there or at home anyway.

4 minutes ago, DandyWarhol said:

On a more optimistic note for our ticket sales, we had 10 of our group at the semi final, but looking at 15 (maybe more) going to the final.  Not that anyone's feeling particularly positive about our hopes right now, but the consensus was that if we did win folk didn't want to miss out on having been there, and that if we lose we'd all be pissed off whether we were there or at home anyway.

Fuck sake, arsed with bigger queues.