Next Manager

All this fucking McInnes revisionism - get it in the fucking bin. 

It’s almost like going back to an ex wife for a night or two, then suddenly realising why you split up in the first place. 

Look forwards, not back. He was a great manager for us, for 4 years anyway. Like his recruitment, it’s lazy to even think of returning to him when there’s a whole world of managers out there, younger and better 

• Upvote 10

10 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

It’s almost like going back to an ex wife for a night or two, then suddenly realising why you split up in the first place. 

Look forwards, not back. He was a great manager for us, for 4 years anyway. Like his recruitment, it’s lazy to even think of returning to him when there’s a whole world of managers out there, younger and better 

Yeah man

Like Tony Docherty  🙂

• Downvote 1
14 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

My guess is because there’s 3 games in the next 10 days, INCLUDING the Cup Final, they want to keep their heads down & not make any waves at all.

Even a statement of support would get analysed & every word picked over.

That all said, they’re a feckless, pathetic bunch of useless cowards the lot of them. 
If they can’t see we’re sleepwalking towards a relegation battle with that clown in charge, they’re not in the right jobs.

Fuck Robson & the FMB 

Sick of the lot of them. 

Keep their heads down.????   There’s nothing in their heeds. 

You have got to hope that behind the scenes Burrows is working on candidates. They may see it as more of a risk to place in charge an interim of whoever is around at the club just now. You've got to hope that board are treating Robson from now as essentially an interim manager again, whilst they find a replacement. 

1 minute ago, GDON21 said:

You have got to hope that behind the scenes Burrows is working on candidates. They may see it as more of a risk to place in charge an interim of whoever is around at the club just now. You've got to hope that board are treating Robson from now as essentially an interim manager again, whilst they find a replacement. 

I'm positive they will be. They know he cannot come through this, they might have made mistakes but they aren't thick. 

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

I can see both sides to the argument. 

I don't think McInnes teams were all that boring to watch and when he got the right players in the team he played decent enough football. Towards the end it was horrible to watch, but he still never had us in positions like we are now or the set of results Goodwin got us. However, I remember knowing his time was up down at Dundee in the league cup of his final season, when we won in extra time. The way we played against a championship team that day was nothing short of an embarrassment.

On his recruitment, he maybe just never had the resources at the time to have a wider network and take risks on guys like Miovski etc. Who is to say that now with the clubs enhanced recruitment structure and system in place, he would still recruit in the same way as he done before. He has the same recruitment strategy at Killie because again they have no proper budget for a wider scouting network. 

Personally, I think those types of managers though are falling out the game gradually at the top level. Young players need clear instruction from day one on how the manager wants them to play and what their role is in the team. They don't  need a different set of instructions from one game to another. Principles should always be the same, with minor tweaks for playing much better opposition in Europe etc.  

We need a manager who can show us over 100 games of a proper style of football and it being a success. 

• Upvote 3
10 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

I'm positive they will be. They know he cannot come through this, they might have made mistakes but they aren't thick. 

Yeh, I think that's why we need to accept he won't be sacked until we can name a replacement. It was different with Goodwin because he was being humiliated and Robson was sitting ready to take things on. I don't think we have anyone at the club capable of taking on the first team. 

2 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

Yeh, I think that's why we need to accept he won't be sacked until we can name a replacement. It was different with Goodwin because he was being humiliated and Robson was sitting ready to take things on. I don't think we have anyone at the club capable of taking on the first team. 

Also down to the fact changing manager late in the season still turned round a disaster into 3rd place last time.  So they will feel they still have time.

That's ok if they are working in the background on a replacement.  If not though, we're fucked.

3 minutes ago, Waycross Don said:

There is one clear candidate - Joey Barton.

1. Everyone tells me how great the club was back in the 80s - he will certainly bring a 80s mentality and ensure no woman ever commentates on Red TV.

2. Hates Rangers almost as much as most Dons fan.

Okay struggling for 3rd reason but already has more going for him that Robson.

Listen to the James English podcast with Joey Barton, and then come back and tell me you still want him as your manager here.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

I can see both sides to the argument. 

I don't think McInnes teams were all that boring to watch and when he got the right players in the team he played decent enough football. Towards the end it was horrible to watch, but he still never had us in positions like we are now or the set of results Goodwin got us. However, I remember knowing his time was up down at Dundee in the league cup of his final season, when we won in extra time. The way we played against a championship team that day was nothing short of an embarrassment.

On his recruitment, he maybe just never had the resources at the time to have a wider network and take risks on guys like Miovski etc. Who is to say that now with the clubs enhanced recruitment structure and system in place, he would still recruit in the same way as he done before. He has the same recruitment strategy at Killie because again they have no proper budget for a wider scouting network. 

Personally, I think those types of managers though are falling out the game gradually at the top level. Young players need clear instruction from day one on how the manager wants them to play and what their role is in the team. They don't  need a different set of instructions from one game to another. Principles should always be the same, with minor tweaks for playing much better opposition in Europe etc.  

We need a manager who can show us over 100 games of a proper style of football and it being a success. 

If McInnes came back here, yeah, we’d be back in the top 4 pronto but guaranteed, next season, brutal football on show and the Derek Derek GTF chants would get dusted down.

And, there was nothing stopping him signing the likes of Miovski rather than Stevie May but he chose to purchase local produce.

13 minutes ago, Waycross Don said:

1. Everyone tells me how great the club was back in the 80s - he will certainly bring a 80s mentality and ensure no woman ever commentates on Red TV.

You need removing from this forum. 

22 minutes ago, Waycross Don said:

The guy is trying so desperately to become the next Laurence Fox at the moment, it's proper cringe. Guaranteed he gets a regular slot on GB News shortly.

25 minutes ago, Waycross Don said:

I would have Joey Deacon as manager (rip) before Joey Barton 

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

If McInnes came back here, yeah, we’d be back in the top 4 pronto but guaranteed, next season, brutal football on show and the Derek Derek GTF chants would get dusted down.

And, there was nothing stopping him signing the likes of Miovski rather than Stevie May but he chose to purchase local produce.

Football is brutal the now, its was brutal under Derek for the final few seasons, best time in the past god knows how long was Hayes Mcginn Rooney Mclean and Shinnie days , funny we played 4 at back then!! 

• Downvote 1
30 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Football is brutal the now, its was brutal under Derek for the final few seasons, best time in the past god knows how long was Hayes Mcginn Rooney Mclean and Shinnie days , funny we played 4 at back then!! 

That is true. We had some great times together but anybody suggesting a reconciliation is forgetting why the relationship crashed and burned in the 1st place. Very short memories 

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

How would someone like McInnes know about Miovski, with the recruitment that was in place? Whether that was his fault or the clubs fault at the time, who knows.  I don't buy it that McInnes wouldn't be willing to adopt the new recruitment strategy, it hardly ground breaking stuff, we just spend more money on identifying talents. When he was here before he would of been lucky to get one scouting report probably on an overseas player, whereas we can get multiple now and have a head of recruitment watching players in the flesh multiple times before signing. 

As I said before though, he isn't the man for the job, just don't buy the reasons that some are coming out with. Part of me would like him back to fail miserably so we can stop listening to west coast media about how it was wrong to sack him in the first place. 

You'd think we'd sacked Sir Alex in his prime the way some continually go on and on about McInnes. 

I'm bored at work, so here's McInnes run of results from the turn of the year until his departure the season he left;

Dundee Utd (H)  0-0 D

Rangers (H)  1-2 L

Ross County (A)  4-1 L

Motherwell (H)  2-0 W

St Johnstone (A)  0-0 D

Livingston (A)  0-0 D

Livingston (H)  0-2 L

Hibs (A)  2-0 L

St Mirren (H)  0-0 D

Celtic (A)  1-0 L

Kilmarnock (H)  1-0 W

Celtic (A)  1-0 L

Hamilton (H)  0-0 D

2 wins, 5 draws, 6 losses. 5 goals scored. What's the difference between that and what Robson is serving up just now?

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

How would someone like McInnes know about Miovski, with the recruitment that was in place? Whether that was his fault or the clubs fault at the time, who knows.  I don't buy it that McInnes wouldn't be willing to adopt the new recruitment strategy, it hardly ground breaking stuff, we just spend more money on identifying talents. When he was here before he would of been lucky to get one scouting report probably on an overseas player, whereas we can get multiple now and have a head of recruitment watching players in the flesh multiple times before signing. 

As I said before though, he isn't the man for the job, just don't buy the reasons that some are coming out with. Part of me would like him back to fail miserably so we can stop listening to west coast media about how it was wrong to sack him in the first place. 

Aye his weegie press pals would love that ,

Getting it right up us for grovelling to there beloved "Del".

Absolutely no chance they will let us forget it, 

6 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

You'd think we'd sacked Sir Alex in his prime the way some continually go on and on about McInnes. 

I'm bored at work, so here's McInnes run of results from the turn of the year until his departure the season he left;

Dundee Utd (H)  0-0 D

Rangers (H)  1-2 L

Ross County (A)  4-1 L

Motherwell (H)  2-0 W

St Johnstone (A)  0-0 D

Livingston (A)  0-0 D

Livingston (H)  0-2 L

Hibs (A)  2-0 L

St Mirren (H)  0-0 D

Celtic (A)  1-0 L

Kilmarnock (H)  1-0 W

Celtic (A)  1-0 L

Hamilton (H)  0-0 D

2 wins, 5 draws, 6 losses. 5 goals scored. What's the difference between that and what Robson is serving up just now?

Just the one at Parkhead :trophy:

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Just the one at Parkhead :trophy:

McInnes will always have that league cup triumph on his cv and that’s fair enough, but not sure what that has to do with the post, given it was 7 years before any of the games mentioned which led to his sacking?

That’s even worse than suggesting Robson deserves more time because he won some games last season.

2 hours ago, GDON21 said:

That's one of the main reasons Cormack wanted rid of him, Derek wasn't interested in changing how we recruited players.