Next Manager

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I’d take Neil. Reckon on our budget he’d at least have us around where we were 5-10 years ago. Beating the shite and not 7 million points behind 1st by November 

Wouldn't happen anyway as he thinks he's too good for Scotalnd

And he's also proven constantly to be utter shite

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I wonder how much a manager can really get the best out of a team. I know you get that initial bounce at the beginning. Is it motivational, tactical awareness or down to a healthy budget thrown at them. To me the biggest attribute is getting the right players with the right attitude. That is down to recruitment, so if a manager falls on his sword, surely head of recruitment should fall too.

15 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

I wonder how much a manager can really get the best out of a team. I know you get that initial bounce at the beginning. Is it motivational, tactical awareness or down to a healthy budget thrown at them. To me the biggest attribute is getting the right players with the right attitude. That is down to recruitment, so if a manager falls on his sword, surely head of recruitment should fall too.

Good recruitment - so in our case a good HoR. 

Good man management - no idea if Robson is any good at that, none of us do. 

Good tactician & pro-active - Robson definitely fails on that one. 

1 hour ago, Granite95 said:

Wouldn't happen anyway as he thinks he's too good for Scotalnd

And he's also proven constantly to be utter shite

He did well down there initially, but seems to have been getting continually worse with each new job he's got.

I'd have happily taken him a few years ago, but not sure about now

1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

He did well down there initially, but seems to have been getting continually worse with each new job he's got.

He’s gone down the same path as Paul Lambert,

Good start up here with a small club. 
Goes south & is initially good.  
Fails at a few clubs consecutively.

I wouldn’t want him now. 

52 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Aye did well at Accies and started off ok down south. Think he’ll end up being one of the managers who gets linked to jobs up here but bounces between various League 1 clubs in England. 

Personally want to see us going to something like the Scandinavian market or somewhere like that. Too often clubs in Scotland just go with a whose solely got experience in Scotland 

1 hour ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Alex Ferguson 

38 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Aye did well at Accies and started off ok down south. Think he’ll end up being one of the managers who gets linked to jobs up here but bounces between various League 1 clubs in England. 

Personally want to see us going to something like the Scandinavian market or somewhere like that. Too often clubs in Scotland just go with a whose solely got experience in Scotland 

I think foreign bosses can struggle to adapt to Scottish football and also under rate it. Even some English ones come in and completely under rate it with the shite players they assume could come in and boss it. 

but with us looking at the European market just now I reckon we could have some success 

2 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I think foreign bosses can struggle to adapt to Scottish football and also under rate it. Even some English ones come in and completely under rate it with the shite players they assume could come in and boss it. 

but with us looking at the European market just now I reckon we could have some success 

Do get that however think there's more chance of longer-term success by trying something different than go for the Alex Neil etc type. Even look at the recruitment, guys like Duk (not this season granted), Miovski and Ramadani have been fantstic finds instead of going for the likes of Alan Power, Eamon Brophy etc

Get them surrounded by a coach that has good experience in the scottish game to help them adapt to it

2 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

You are right, not many non british managers have come here and done well. particularly at clubs out with the two glasgow clubs. However, it hasn't happened a lot either in recent history except the Romanov era. I don't think its fair to say foreign bosses struggle as you can see most clubs haven't really tried it properly and when they have it has been more of a punt than anything else. Stendel the obvious most recent one, who may have worked out given more time. 

It's definitely easier to appoint a foreign coach in this modern era with the technology and data to identify coaches. 

A list of other clubs last foreign managers:

Hibs - Mixu Paatelainen(2008)

Hearts - Daniel Stendel -(2019)

Dundee - Ivano Bonnetti - (2000)

Livingston - Roberto Landi (2008)

Kilmarnock - Angelo Alessio (2019)

Motherwell - Harry Kampman (1998)

St Johnstone, St Mirren & Ross County have never had a foreign manager. 

3 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

But then foreign managers have to deal with diddy Scottish carthorses like a Kirk Broadfoot who criticise their ways after they've been involved with the likes of Juventus.

• Haha 1

I hope you get Alex Neil.

He is very close with Joe Savage and Frankie McAvoy at our place and I don't want that cemented.

We need a new Board and a completely new management team. Not someone who commits to keeping what we have. 

Besides Alex Neil is a major investment and for that outlay in a manager, I'd want better. And not someone who reluctantly returns to Scotland cos no-one wants him in England.

Again, good luck.

8 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Utter Shite?

Did good at Norwich,Preston and Sunderland. 

Something wrong at Stoke,in house troubles as Michael O'Neil stated when sacked,not the only one either.

Agree with this. Alex Neil's a very good manager, certainly a cut above anyone we've had of late. But as others have said, he definitely sees his future in English football.

Given the undue haste with which he departed Sunderland for Stoke (a managerial graveyard), if he were to become Dons boss, i fear he'd do the same to us the first time a Championship club batted their eyelashes at him. For that reason alone, it'd be a no for me.

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

He is very close with Joe Savage and Frankie McAvoy at our place and I don't want that cemented.

We need a new Board and a completely new management team. Not someone who commits to keeping what we have. 

Besides Alex Neil is a major investment and for that outlay in a manager, I'd want better. And not someone who reluctantly returns to Scotland cos no-one wants him in England.

Again, good luck.

:dontknow:

32 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Again, good luck.

I hope you get let on a Hearts forum so you can actually speak to people who care

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, GDON21 said:

You are right, not many non british managers have come here and done well. particularly at clubs out with the two glasgow clubs. However, it hasn't happened a lot either in recent history except the Romanov era. I don't think its fair to say foreign bosses struggle as you can see most clubs haven't really tried it properly and when they have it has been more of a punt than anything else. Stendel the obvious most recent one, who may have worked out given more time. 

It's definitely easier to appoint a foreign coach in this modern era with the technology and data to identify coaches. 

A list of other clubs last foreign managers:

Hibs - Mixu Paatelainen(2008)

Hearts - Daniel Stendel -(2019)

Dundee - Ivano Bonnetti - (2000)

Livingston - Roberto Landi (2008)

Kilmarnock - Angelo Alessio (2019)

Motherwell - Harry Kampman (1998)

St Johnstone, St Mirren & Ross County have never had a foreign manager. 

Lomas St Johnstone born in Germany 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

There arent many managers with Premier league experience going to come to Scotland to manage never mind us. I'll put a wager on with you the next aberdeen manager will have a worse cv than Neil.

Why would anyone be foolish enough to make a bet based on any kind of faith in our board 🤣🤦‍♂️

FFS come on. Just because I say that for money neil would expect in wages we could do a fk load better, that in no way implies that I believe the FMB are capable of such.

8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Why would anyone be foolish enough to make a bet based on any kind of faith in our board 🤣🤦‍♂️

FFS come on. Just because I say that for money neil would expect in wages we could do a fk load better, that in no way implies that I believe the FMB are capable of such.

So realistically the matter of the fact is we can't do a lot better than Alex Neil. Thank you.