Next Manager

3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Find it hard to understand why Robson would be looking at signing a puckle of wingers when he tends not to play the ones he has? I don’t recall him ever starting a game with a back 4 and 2 wingers so, being the thrawn fucker that he is, why would he start now?

That's not what I said but I know for a fact they have been looking at some mids from the eastern side of Europe, what I said was they have spent all this time and money watching players to fit the Robson system, whatever that is? but if a new manager was to come in and ask for as an example 4 wingers we are chasing our tails again. 

3 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

We don’t need a single player to finish third or get a shot on target. We need to use the ones we have better. 

Robson oot.

Deluded, we are full of fucking Central mids, we have no width in this side at all, no players that can break a side down with bit of skill, we ain't that good yeah the managers shit but so are some of the players.

3 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Deluded, we are full of fucking Central mids, we have no width in this side at all, no players that can break a side down with bit of skill, we ain't that good yeah the managers shit but so are some of the players.

Drivel. This squad is so strong and couldn’t be used in different ways. We do need another winger but 5 at the back is completely limiting the squad. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, DelMonte said:

Drivel. This squad is so strong and couldn’t be used in different ways. We do need another winger but 5 at the back is completely limiting the squad. 

I agree, the squad isn't that good though, I'm not keen on any of the Centre half's we have, MacDonald and Jensen maybe, Mcgarry can't defend or tackle, Hayes and Shinnie are past it, Devlin was a good bit of business.as was the desperate singing of McGrath, but Barron Clarkson, Polvara & McGrath can't all play, neither can Sokler Duk and Miovski there are good players there but we are missing players that will get the best out of then, 

He could change it and play Duk as a left winger and Morris wide right plenty pace there with Miovski/ Sokler in the middle, Shinnie or Barron sitting deep with McGrath Clarkson or Polvara further up the midfield, , but he would have to ditch his favourite 3 centre halfs to work, which he won't. But if he did I'd have delvin Right back Jensen left back and McDonald and Gartenmann in middle ( but he's positioning needs worked on) 

54 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

I agree, the squad isn't that good though, I'm not keen on any of the Centre half's we have, MacDonald and Jensen maybe, Mcgarry can't defend or tackle, Hayes and Shinnie are past it, Devlin was a good bit of business.as was the desperate singing of McGrath, but Barron Clarkson, Polvara & McGrath can't all play, neither can Sokler Duk and Miovski there are good players there but we are missing players that will get the best out of then, 

He could change it and play Duk as a left winger and Morris wide right plenty pace there with Miovski/ Sokler in the middle, Shinnie or Barron sitting deep with McGrath Clarkson or Polvara further up the midfield, , but he would have to ditch his favourite 3 centre halfs to work, which he won't. But if he did I'd have delvin Right back Jensen left back and McDonald and Gartenmann in middle ( but he's positioning needs worked on) 

When we play shite like Livvie, we don’t even need 2 defensive midfielders, we could line up 4-1-3-2, with Barron or Palvara sitting, Duk, McGrath/Clarkson and Duncan/Morris in behind Miovski and Sokler.

It really is that simple but the ginger one can’t see it. 

Just imagine, the full backs overlapping the wingers, wow 

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

I honestly think that with the introduction of just another Ryan Hedges type player that can play a wide attacking role in a 3 with Miovski up top and say Duk on the other side and you've got a fairly decent squad (you'd probably prefer a couple for cover). If obviously you scrap the 5 at the back and revert to a 4231. Then you are looking at cover for just about all positions and a fairly decent group. Then all you need is a manager that has some sort of fucking clue of how to get them playing.

We need someone outwith Scotland. Someone who sees us a stepping stone to the EPL. Someone who is ruthless and couldn’t give two fucks about whether we play Dundee or Rangers. They only care about winning and pushing on. Someone with the drive and determination who will do everything they can to make a success of their tenure. Someone who will take no shit from the media. Won’t even entertain their pish. One who creates a seige mentality. For their tenure they only care about us and us only. 

losing is unacceptable. Set the standards high as fuck. That’s what I want to see. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
4 minutes ago, scottymc said:

We need someone outwith Scotland. Someone who sees us a stepping stone to the EPL. Someone who is ruthless and couldn’t give two fucks about whether we play Dundee or Rangers. They only care about winning and pushing on. Someone with the drive and determination who will do everything they can to make a success of their tenure. Someone who will take no shit from the media. Won’t even entertain their pish. One who creates a seige mentality. For their tenure they only care about us and us only. 

losing is unacceptable. Set the standards high as fuck. That’s what I want to see. 

Colgate, please see above.

15 hours ago, CCB III said:

https://twitter.com/plzsoccer/status/1736441951581327860?s=46

"we have no right"

And what, they do?

Honestly the most revolting interview a manager of our great club has ever given. He's a thick, tuechter, pretend weegie bastard. 

If I have to hear that cunt say "we're no" again in my life I'm going to suicide bomb Pittodrie. 

1000% this^^

7 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I thought we'd been looking at wingers though? 

The squad as a whole is actually ok imo. A couple of additions in the right places and I think we are good to go. 

We definitely need 1 or 2 starting quality midfielders. I'd add a left back into that aswell as not convinced that McGarry is the answer. 

What we need is a manager that doesn’t write love letters to the Glezga  mafia teams. Particularly one that has a bunch of cheating shits in their team that’s called shitco.  

23 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

He’s not bothered until bottom 6 is guaranteed 

Stop going to games until he starts to be bothered.  Empty stadiums will hurt his pockets.  Robsons quote. (We have no right. ) Is a sacking quote for an Aberdeen Manager.    Robson We the supporters who pay good money to support you and your team, have every right to want you out, and replaced by a manager who thinks we have every right, to go to Ipox and Hampden and Prickhead and win. 

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, CCB III said:

https://twitter.com/plzsoccer/status/1736441951581327860?s=46

"we have no right"

And what, they do?

Honestly the most revolting interview a manager of our great club has ever given. He's a thick, tuechter, pretend weegie bastard. 

If I have to hear that cunt say "we're no" again in my life I'm going to suicide bomb Pittodrie. 

Few beers last night. 

Emotional!

• Haha 4
5 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

He won’t be bothered until it’s too late.  We are 2 nd bottom of the Premiership.  (And going by the Inverurie cloghopper We have no right to win to win on Wednesday night or any other fricking weekend.) 

To have our manager add fuel to the, it's not the 80s anymore fire is utterly infuriating.

I've not heard a single Dons fan before or after suggest we expect to "run the whole game". Make a fight of it? We expect that. Have a shot on target? We expect that.

Doesn't feel like we're being unreasonable here.

• Upvote 1

This isn't unique to Dave Cormack, but why do Chairmen who've been successful and made their money in other fields apply a different logic when it comes to football?

They would never appoint the young lad from the Mailroom, Head of IT just because he's enthusiastic about computers.

And they wouldn't persist with an employee who's clearly not delivering. They'd be ruthless about firing and replacing them.

This whole, you can't keep sacking managers mantra is a nonsense which comes from within the game. Turkey's don't vote for Christmas.

• Upvote 4
21 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

This isn't unique to Dave Cormack, but why do Chairmen who've been successful and made their money in other fields apply a different logic when it comes to football?

They would never appoint the young lad from the Mailroom, Head of IT just because he's enthusiastic about computers.

And they wouldn't persist with an employee who's clearly not delivering. They'd be ruthless about firing and replacing them.

This whole, you can't keep sacking managers mantra is a nonsense which comes from within the game. Turkey's don't vote for Christmas.

If he hired a youth player to manage the squad your analogy may have some credibility, but he didn't. He hired a man who is familiar with the club and who knows more about football than you or I ever will.

He's not delivering what? A league title? It's irrelevant who the manager is, as it stands no one outside the OF will ever win a title again. Not delivering a league cup? He should be consistently beating a multi million pound squad who just days earlier went away from home and defeated an undefeated top Spanish side?

A further thing is who in the world do you think wants to manage Aberdeen and unrealistic expectations? Perhaps nobody but someone with a link,as Robson did.

This is pretty much as good as it gets, challenging for 3rd and an odd cup final. Hire a new manager every season if you like, I can guarantee you right now nothing will change.

McInnes was the best manager the club had in decades, Kilmarnock now the benefactors after he was mindlessly hounded out. That has to change.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 9
31 minutes ago, Lan_Lad said:

If he hired a youth player to manage the squad your analogy may have some credibility, but he didn't. He hired a man who is familiar with the club and who knows more about football than you or I ever will.

He's not delivering what? A league title? It's irrelevant who the manager is, as it stands no one outside the OF will ever win a title again. Not delivering a league cup? He should be consistently beating a multi million pound squad who just days earlier went away from home and defeated an undefeated top Spanish side?

A further thing is who in the world do you think wants to manage Aberdeen and unrealistic expectations? Perhaps nobody but someone with a link,as Robson did.

This is pretty much as good as it gets, challenging for 3rd and an odd cup final. Hire a new manager every season if you like, I can guarantee you right now nothing will change.

McInnes was the best manager the club had in decades, Kilmarnock now the benefactors after he was mindlessly hounded out. That has to change.

Some numbers for you.

10th. 
5 wins in 15 league games.  
Lowest shots on target per game in the league. 
8 wins in 27 competitive games this season.  
3rd worst defence having played 3 less than some

Add to that, the eye bleeding long ball pish he instructs the team to play.

So how can you guarantee nothing will change?

Hire a manager with a CV & track record deserving of the job. 
There’s a good place to start. 

• Upvote 3
7 minutes ago, Lan_Lad said:

I think lots of managers would want to manage Aberdeen. It speaks volumes for you that you think Barry Robson or Derek mcinnes are as good as we could get 😂

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, Lan_Lad said:

He hired a man who is familiar with the club and who knows more about football than you or I ever will.

He hired a man with zero managerial experience. We should be appointing proven experienced managers. Guys like Robson should be cutting their teeth in the lower leagues. His history as a player cuts no ice, they're entirely different jobs.

He's not delivering what? A league title?

We're currently tenth in a twelve team league (oh but the games in hand ...). Aberdeen under Robson are producing miserable, ineffectual football. I've made no reference to winning the league or trophies. To suggest different is a lazy, dare i say Hunesque arguement. By the criteria laid down by Dave Cormack alone, Robson is failing and badly.

This is pretty much as good as it gets, challenging for 3rd and an odd cup final.

But we're not challenging for third, right now we're 'fighting' to avoid bottom six. As for the Cup Final, we played three games to reach it, were terrible in two of them and were posted absent without leave on the big day.

Hire a new manager every season if you like, I can guarantee you right now nothing will change.

How can you guarantee that?

McInnes wasn't hounded out. He had no relationship with Dave Cormack and that's why he left. A miserable run of results sped up his departure, but by Derek's own admission things had gone stale and he was due to leave at the end of the season.

As for Kilmarnock under McInnes, they've had a few eye catching results at home against the Glasgow teams. The plastic pitch factors into that, but fair play to them. On the road they can't buy a win ... except against us.

And for what it's worth regards Kilmarnock being benefactors. Their super-duper lucky fans were grumbling about McInnes and calling for his head come the end of last season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 11