Next Manager

7 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

He hired a man who is familiar with the club and who knows more about football than you or I ever will.

He hired a man with zero managerial experience. We should be appointing proven experienced managers. Guys like Robson should be cutting their teeth in the lower leagues. His history as a player cuts no ice, they're entirely different jobs.

He's not delivering what? A league title?

We're currently tenth in a twelve team league (oh but the games in hand ...). Aberdeen under Robson are currently producing miserable, ineffectual football. I've made no reference to winning the league or trophies. To suggest different is a lazy, dare i say Hunesque arguement. By the criteria laid down by Dave Cormack alone, Robson is failing and badly.

This is pretty much as good as it gets, challenging for 3rd and an odd cup final.

But we're not challenging for third, right now we're 'fighting' to avoid bottom six. As for the Cup Final, we played three games to reach it, were terrible in two of them and were posted absent without leave on the big day.

Hire a new manager every season if you like, I can guarantee you right now nothing will change.

How can you guarantee that?

McInnes was the best manager the club had in decades, Kilmarnock now the benefactors after he was mindlessly hounded out. That has to change.

McInnes wasn't hounded out. He had no relationship with Dave Cormack and that's why he left. A miserable run of results sped up his departure, but by Derek's own admission things had gone stale and he was due to leave at the end of the season.

As for Kilmarnock under McInnes, they've had a few eye catching results at home against the Glasgow teams. The plastic pitch factors into that, but fair play to them. On the road they can't buy a win ... except against us.

And for what it's worth regards Kilmarnock being benefactors. Their super-duper lucky fans were grumbling about McInnes and calling for his head come the end of last season.

Amen 

43 minutes ago, Lan_Lad said:

If he hired a youth player to manage the squad your analogy may have some credibility, but he didn't. He hired a man who is familiar with the club and who knows more about football than you or I ever will.

He's not delivering what? A league title? It's irrelevant who the manager is, as it stands no one outside the OF will ever win a title again. Not delivering a league cup? He should be consistently beating a multi million pound squad who just days earlier went away from home and defeated an undefeated top Spanish side?

A further thing is who in the world do you think wants to manage Aberdeen and unrealistic expectations? Perhaps nobody but someone with a link,as Robson did.

This is pretty much as good as it gets, challenging for 3rd and an odd cup final. Hire a new manager every season if you like, I can guarantee you right now nothing will change.

McInnes was the best manager the club had in decades, Kilmarnock now the benefactors after he was mindlessly hounded out. That has to change.

It’s pointless expecting folk to be rational about football. The whole point of being a football fan is that it appeals to something in us that is irrational. The triumph of hope over reason. 

9 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Some numbers for you.

10th. 
5 wins in 15 league games.  
Lowest shots on target per game in the league. 
8 wins in 27 competitive games this season.  
3rd worst defence having played 3 less than some

Add to that, the eye bleeding long ball pish he instructs the team to play.

So how can you guarantee nothing will change?

Hire a manager with a CV & track record deserving of the job. 
There’s a good place to start. 

This is just the typical course of things in Scottish football for non OF sides and has been for many years. I believe Aberdeen have actually been lucky as such, the two Edinburgh clubs have each been relegated more than once.

It's because our and their much vaunted financial advantage over the provincials just isn't enough to make a major difference. It will give an edge but it's not the overwhelming advantage the OF have. And is no guarantee of success.

As has been proven city clubs can and will be relegated because in the current age the edge is relatively minimal. Bosman was the killer blow. You think Willie Miller and McLeish etc. would have spent a career at Aberdeen in the age of Bosman? No chance.

In this instance I actually believe the results will improve and there will be a challenge for 3rd. I can guarantee you nothing will change because as I said, it's been this way for years now and there is nothing that can change it. And again, you seriously think anyone with "a CV & track record" just queuing up to sign in when we snap our fingers? I think not.

6 minutes ago, Lan_Lad said:

And again, you seriously think anyone with "a CV & track record" just queuing up to sign in when we snap our fingers? I think not.

This is utter bollocks. Warnock openly admitted he had applied for our job before. There will be heaps of managers with an actual CV that apply for our job. Which is more than can be said about Glass & Robson...

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Some numbers for you.

10th. 

This would be horrific for any manager... but worse for a manager with the players Robson has at his disposal. We are a terrible team to watch, set up defensively, yet awful defensively. Ironically we have two of the best strikers in the league (and possibly the two best forwards we've had in the past 20 years) in Miovski and Duk but hardly ever get shots at goal.

We have some excellent technical midfielders who can really play in Barron, Polvara, Clarkson and McGrath, (and dare I say it Besoujin) yet we shell the ball over the top and into the channels constantly rather than try and pass it around and cut teams open.

We have about 12 defenders in the first team squad, some of whom are internationals, some of whom have been bought for decent money, and yet we can't mould together a backline that's solid.

If we were trying to play proper football, creating chances and looking reasonably solid at the back, but just being unlucky then fair enough, give him more time, but the above points when added to your stats are reason enough to punt him. Bring in a manager who actually wants to play proper football and utilise the talent we have in the squad.

• Upvote 6
On 12/17/2023 at 11:45 PM, CCB III said:

https://twitter.com/plzsoccer/status/1736441951581327860?s=46

"we have no right"

And what, they do?

Honestly the most revolting interview a manager of our great club has ever given. He's a thick, tuechter, pretend weegie bastard. 

If I have to hear that cunt say "we're no" again in my life I'm going to suicide bomb Pittodrie. 

Do you think he said that tripe to the players as party of his pre game motivational speech on Sunday? 
‘right lads…enjoy it, try yer best, we’ve no right to expect to dominate the baw, coz it’s the famous rangers we’re playing. They’re fucking brilliant by the way, just cuffed Betis, got great players and a fantastic manager…do what your limited selves can do boys and let’s try and not get humped, which they’re capable of doing to us…stick in and we can regroup in here at half time at talk about how good rangers were in the 1st half’

what a fucking poultice…..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Some numbers for you.

10th. 

We’ve played against a lot of ‘right good sides’ though! 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, BrisDon said:

It’s pointless expecting folk to be rational about football. The whole point of being a football fan is that it appeals to something in us that is irrational. The triumph of hope over reason. 

It works both ways though.  Being irrational about it isnt good either.  Ive said before I now view senior football like the panto or the circus.  Do I cheer when the clown gets custard pied.  Yes.  Do I boo when the villain sneaks on to the sideline.  Of course.  Do I lose sleep because the Clown is being bullied and the Villain unfairly victimised and pigeon holed?  No.  Do I buy a season ticket to see repeat performances of either?  Certainly not.  Do I buy considerable merchandise every year to support the circus?  No.  Do I go without student meals to make sure I could afford my fitba, sorry, circus ticket?  Do I fuck.      

11 hours ago, JamieMT said:

He hired a man who is familiar with the club and who knows more about football than you or I ever will.

He hired a man with zero managerial experience. We should be appointing proven experienced managers. Guys like Robson should be cutting their teeth in the lower leagues. His history as a player cuts no ice, they're entirely different jobs.

He's not delivering what? A league title?

We're currently tenth in a twelve team league (oh but the games in hand ...). Aberdeen under Robson are producing miserable, ineffectual football. I've made no reference to winning the league or trophies. To suggest different is a lazy, dare i say Hunesque arguement. By the criteria laid down by Dave Cormack alone, Robson is failing and badly.

This is pretty much as good as it gets, challenging for 3rd and an odd cup final.

But we're not challenging for third, right now we're 'fighting' to avoid bottom six. As for the Cup Final, we played three games to reach it, were terrible in two of them and were posted absent without leave on the big day.

Hire a new manager every season if you like, I can guarantee you right now nothing will change.

How can you guarantee that?

McInnes wasn't hounded out. He had no relationship with Dave Cormack and that's why he left. A miserable run of results sped up his departure, but by Derek's own admission things had gone stale and he was due to leave at the end of the season.

As for Kilmarnock under McInnes, they've had a few eye catching results at home against the Glasgow teams. The plastic pitch factors into that, but fair play to them. On the road they can't buy a win ... except against us.

And for what it's worth regards Kilmarnock being benefactors. Their super-duper lucky fans were grumbling about McInnes and calling for his head come the end of last season.

Hallelujah what a message, send it to sparkling teeth and his Directors and the rest of the Dumbos who havnt a clue how to Direct AFC. For Christmas. Read the above message CORMACK. 

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

It works both ways though.  Being irrational about it isnt good either.  Ive said before I now view senior football like the panto or the circus.  Do I cheer when the clown gets custard pied.  Yes.  Do I boo when the villain sneaks on to the sideline.  Of course.  Do I lose sleep because the Clown is being bullied and the Villain unfairly victimised and pigeon holed?  No.  Do I buy a season ticket to see repeat performances of either?  Certainly not.  Do I buy considerable merchandise every year to support the circus?  No.  Do I go without student meals to make sure I could afford my fitba, sorry, circus ticket?  Do I fuck.      

I read that in a Robson voice... the way he usually answers press conference questions by asking himself questions and saying "no", "no", "no", "yes" 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Who then?

N. Lennon

Emergency situations call for emergency solutions.

He'll get us top 6 by season's end. Possibly scraping into Europe.

Far better next season, back where we should be.

Probably sacked sometime season 25/26 but won't be because of poor performances