Next Manager

Season Ticket renewals will be out before we know it and money talks, so the could it be when the FMB discover how many people would not renew that only then action might be taken?

I've been a season ticket holder for years and if things don't pick up and there is still a lack of progress on the pitch and a lack of action off it, then I very much doubt I'd renew.

Perhaps a poll is needed gauge people's thoughts on this?

3 minutes ago, Iraq_Red said:

Season Ticket renewals will be out before we know it and money talks, so the could it be when the FMB discover how many people would not renew that only then action might be taken?

I've been a season ticket holder for years and if things don't pick up and there is still a lack of progress on the pitch and a lack of action off it, then I very much doubt I'd renew.

That , and demonstrating outside pittodrie not Cormack park ate the only things that will make club sit up and listen 

• Upvote 2
19 minutes ago, Iraq_Red said:

If Robson is still in charge, they can shove their renewals up their ass. Had one for I don’t know how long so would be a wrench to give it up but fuck that for a game of soldiers. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that though 

1 hour ago, Don Fonte said:

I don't get this 'he has the support of the dressing room'.  Where is that showing?

There are numerous players pissed off at the training and our tactics and it shows.

At the end of Goodwin's time in charge it was obvious the players had downed tools. 

I don't see that (yet), but maybe I'm wrong.  That's why I was asking if anyone ITK had heard anything different, such as unrest in the dressing room.

3 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Tell you what. If Sir Derek was brought back at the very very least we’d finish top 4 and be in Europe every season. With more money available who knows…. 

he had to go but now he’s had a wee breather it’s time to BHH

I can’t see him agreeing to work for a man like Cormack. That 16/17 season with a 23/24 transfer budget sounds appealing though.

15 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Tell you what. If Sir Derek was brought back at the very very least we’d finish top 4 and be in Europe every season. With more money available who knows…. 

he had to go but now he’s had a wee breather it’s time to BHH

Cormack should go grovelling to him and offer him more than he was on before. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I can’t even tell which team or manager this is aimed at

I get it.  You liked being capped at 3rd and just missing eurpoean group stages consistently.  Im fine with your acceptance of that.  Relative to now I get why that might seem attractive, at least in the short term, and everyone's comfort blankets are fully restored.  

3 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Aye the cunt who literally rejected a massive pay rise to go to rangers so he could stay here and get sacked by Cormack 🤔

No thr sleekit cunt , got the same if not better deal from Milne, remember the Huns were shocked at the salary the cunt had managed to dupe the Tougher cunt into forking out

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
3 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Personally I found the bit about the european qualification the funniest.  Proper group qualification that is, not fucking it up against scandinavian posties. 

3 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I get it.  You liked being capped at 3rd and just missing eurpoean group stages consistently.  Im fine with your acceptance of that.  Relative to now I get why that might seem attractive, at least in the short term, and everyone's comfort blankets are fully restored.  

Genuinely just wasn’t sure because it didn’t make sense for McInnes or Robson. 

Robsons “proper” European qualification came as a result of losing a play off. He won 1 out of 8 games in Europe. The very last one. The dead rubber. 

mcinnes had to overcome 8 games just to make the “proper” qualification. Had some very good results in that time. 

be interesting to see how we’d do in Europe now that it’s easier to qualify with a competent manager. 

also very tough to stomach the only fact it’s easier to qualify is nothing to do with Aberdeen and everything to do with ra…. 🥴

• Upvote 2
15 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Genuinely just wasn’t sure because it didn’t make sense for McInnes or Robson. 

Robsons “proper” European qualification came as a result of losing a play off. He won 1 out of 8 games in Europe. The very last one. The dead rubber. 

mcinnes had to overcome 8 games just to make the “proper” qualification. Had some very good results in that time. 

be interesting to see how we’d do in Europe now that it’s easier to qualify with a competent manager. 

also very tough to stomach the only fact it’s easier to qualify is nothing to do with Aberdeen and everything to do with ra…. 🥴

If it helps it was the Finnish(?) lot that sprung most readily to mind for the original comment, the one he tried/had to rush Bryson back from injury when the logical play was to simply blow them away first leg at Pittodrie.  It might also have been the game Mckenna’s agent came the cunt.  But that wasn’t the only example.  We didn’t play Burnley (who I personally thought were beatable and in fairness, was one of his better moments getting us close) or Sociedad every year.

We didnt hump them at Pittodrie because for the fourth or fifth season in a row we were completely unprepared for Europe and working to the august deadline as we’re inclined to always do (and there’s your clue).  That despite the fact that Europe genuinely was his meal ticket.  It was his easiest way to reward the Club back with the monies they were paying him, with interest.  But he didn’t.  Because he wasn’t good enough or hungry enough.  Whichever.  Doesn’t matter.  Was easier for Robson?  Still did it.  Spilt milk under the bridge.

im not quite sure what to make of your final comment re sevco (I assume that’s where you were going).  Should we somehow not benefit if they do well?  Do you work in Skys contract dept?  

What I will say is this.  I can’t stand the whole “every games a must win, fans expect, it’s a heavy jersey” bullshit because it’s denigrating and patronising in the extreme.  That it’s repeated unquestioned as some kind of fact on public media is just all the more insulting.  But it pisses me off that, from a Club attitude perspective, apparently to come 2nd that’s all it takes.

Doesnt say much for 3rd does it?  Regardless of the recipient.

You liked McInnes.  I was in the camp I thought we deserved better.  You will almost certainly contribute more to the club now than I because it’s now a very very low bar so from that perspective, you win.  Yay.

2 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

If it helps it was the Finnish(?) lot that sprung most readily to mind for the original comment, the one he tried/had to rush Bryson back from injury when the logical play was to simply blow them away first leg at Pittodrie.  It might also have been the game Mckenna’s agent came the cunt.  But that wasn’t the only example.  We didn’t play Burnley (who I personally thought were beatable and in fairness, was one of his better moments getting us close) or Sociedad every year.

We didnt hump them at Pittodrie because for the fourth or fifth season in a row we were completely unprepared for Europe and working to the august deadline as we’re inclined to always do (and there’s your clue).  That despite the fact that Europe genuinely was his meal ticket.  It was his easiest way to reward the Club back with the monies they were paying him, with interest.  But he didn’t.  Because he wasn’t good enough or hungry enough.  Whichever.  Doesn’t matter.  Was easier for Robson?  Still did it.  Spilt milk under the bridge.

im not quite sure what to make of your final comment re sevco (I assume that’s where you were going).  Should we somehow not benefit if they do well?  Do you work in Skys contract dept?  

What I will say is this.  I can’t stand the whole “every games a must win, fans expect, it’s a heavy jersey” bullshit because it’s denigrating and patronising in the extreme.  That it’s repeated unquestioned as some kind of fact on public media is just all the more insulting.  But it pisses me off that, from a Club attitude perspective, apparently to come 2nd that’s all it takes.

Doesnt say much for 3rd does it?  Regardless of the recipient.

You liked McInnes.  I was in the camp I thought we deserved better.  You will almost certainly contribute more to the club now than I because it’s now a very very low bar so from that perspective, you win.  Yay.

Oh aye the Finnish team. ROPS. The one we beat home and away 😂

we didn’t play burnley and sociedad every year but we never once lost to a team with a budget that wasn’t much higher than ours. At some stage you’d like to think we could have overcome the likes of the Kazakh or Cypriot team with a big result though. That would have just been a play off against likes of ac Milan or leverkusen level teams next though. So it’s absolutely wrong to compare it to this season where we didn’t have to play any qualifying rounds to get to the groups. 

• Upvote 1