Next Manager

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

That’s hindsight again. They weren’t viewed as ‘a foundation to build on’ was my point as both players wanted the fk out of the club. That’s all I was saying 🤷

Nothing wrong with that. Miovski probably wants out. Good players will always want out. Jack McKenzie and Shayden Morris are probably absolutely ecstatic to be here to the extent they can’t believe it but let’s not build the team on them 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Nothing wrong with that. Miovski probably wants out. Good players will always want out. Jack McKenzie and Shayden Morris are probably absolutely ecstatic to be here to the extent they can’t believe it but let’s not build the team on them 

The ‘foundations’ Mcinnes’s tenure was built on were crumbling beyond repair. Glass has fk all to build on & Glass was a shite builder anyway

9 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

But post Christmas to Mcinnes‘mutual consenting’ was our worst form any manager probably (haven’t checked) so it’s just timing/manipulation to suit. Hearts started last season superbly even whilst in Europe but they went off a cliff & Neilson got sacked. All moor imo. Pointless argument saying Mcinnes was anything other than his worst of any year’s previous so time was up. He stagnated long before but still had a strong hand over ‘the rest’

All his replacements being unbelievable worse doesn’t change this. Any talk of bigging up Mcinnes now is just detrimental as it could have the club considering getting out the begging bowl to get him back & as far as I’m concerned that would just be managerial appointment fk up No.4 for Cormack

DM was a quality manager and is a quality manager. Was it time for him to move on? yes! He wanted to go and the new chairman wanted it as did a lot of the fans
do I genuinely want DM back? No! Decent period in the clubs history, but there’s better than DM out there, if we’re prepared to invest the time and money in finding it..

Glass was an expirement, Goodwin was a cunt. We didn’t need another experiment with BR…

8 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

So he had just as much advantages over the rest as the shite three that followed him if not more 🤷 all you done there was emphasise my point but seem to be diverting it towards a different direction 

How am I emphasising your point? You said he was able to significantly outspend Hearts/Hibs to attract players they were after. That's utter shite.

Our wage structures are all very similar. We may choose to offer a player a bit more than they would and vice versa.

The reasons I gave were all advantages that McInnes built while those two were getting themselves relegated.

But even so, it wasn't like there was a conveyor belt of top drawer talent that we were all going for and they chose us. We're talking about Funso Ojo FFS.

13 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

How am I emphasising your point? You said he was able to significantly outspend Hearts/Hibs to attract players they were after. That's utter shite.

Our wage structures are all very similar. We may choose to offer a player a bit more than they would and vice versa.

The reasons I gave were all advantages that McInnes built while those two were getting themselves relegated.

But even so, it wasn't like there was a conveyor belt of top drawer talent that we were all going for and they chose us. We're talking about Funso Ojo FFS.

Mcinnes used their scouts & nipped in with more money. That was basic Mcinnes 

Deal with it 🤣

8 hours ago, JamieMT said:

Sack Robson, sack Gunn. Get Neil Warnock in on a 18 month deal, carte blanche initially, but during that term he transitions into a DoF role. He's got a great track record and significantly he wanted to be here.

So what happens if Warnock makes no impact when he , as you hope, comes in?

8 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Is it fuck. Hedges was still there and the club made a fee when sold in the January. Use the player till then and use the fee. 

Ferguson was still there and stayed for the entirety of the following season, scored 16 fucking goals and was then sold for millions. 

we were in a great position to kick on. But nah just brought in atlantas reserve team manager 

FnD making up pointless shite so he has summat to say shocker

Useless dullard cunt

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, G man said:

So what happens if Warnock makes no impact when he , as you hope, comes in?

What a weird way of looking at it..

I wouldn't want Warnock but you can't just be thinking a new manager won't have an impact 

Nae idea how that has went red 👀

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

What a weird way of looking at it..

I wouldn't want Warnock but you can't just be thinking a new manager won't have an impact 

Nae idea how that has went red 👀

Nothing weird about raising what could happen if Warnock was appointed!!

We cannot make another stop gap appointment.

3 minutes ago, G man said:

Nothing weird about raising what could happen if Warnock was appointed!!

We cannot make another stop gap appointment.

What could happen if Jürgen Klopp gets the job? Might not work out.

Best stick with Barry

• Haha 1

We need to go for foreign, hopefully someone we have never heard of. Someone that is known for a decent style of football and gives youth a chance to align with our strategy. Someone that’s also been relatively successful recently but most probably at a lower level.

Experience is a bonus but the above is the most important. 

3 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Have we ever done that? Glass Goodwin and Robson were all appointed with the view of them being long term. An interim manager until the summer so we don't rush another shite appointment is EXACTLY what we need IMO.

1 would hope that we have been scouring the globe for a number of months and we have a shortlist in place. The reality is that we have probably done zero leg work as the board have been fully behind Barry.

Just now, G man said:

Typical response . People have different views to you and “ its going over you head” is your response .😂😂

I'll break down what my point was

I don't want Warnock or Neil 

However both would be a better option than Robson

We can't use the "what if" worry/complaint - every appointment we make will have some sort of risk involved. 

20 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Have we ever done that? Glass Goodwin and Robson were all appointed with the view of them being long term. An interim manager until the summer so we don't rush another shite appointment is EXACTLY what we need IMO.

That is exactly what 4 managers in less than 4 years is. Even although that was not intended that is what has happened so they have been stop gap appointments. Constant change of players, coaching staff etc. No team can progress when that constantly happens.

59 minutes ago, slippers said:

1 would hope that we have been scouring the globe for a number of months and we have a shortlist in place. The reality is that we have probably done zero leg work as the board have been fully behind Barry.

I’m not feeling positive either, but it’s hard to judge from the outside.

We’ve obviously scouted and brought some decent players the last few years but then some other puzzling additions.

Do we realise we need to scout/assess prospective coaches and managers as well?

Does anyone at the club have “an eye” for a good coach?

41 minutes ago, G man said:

That is exactly what 4 managers in less than 4 years is. Even although that was not intended that is what has happened so they have been stop gap appointments. Constant change of players, coaching staff etc. No team can progress when that constantly happens.

You’re in a other thread complaining people are manipulating statistics.

If you’re talking about 4 managers shouldn’t you include the full tenure of all 4?

4 minutes ago, Helmet said:

You’re in a other thread complaining people are manipulating statistics.

If you’re talking about 4 managers shouldn’t you include the full tenure of all 4?

We have had 4 managers in 4 years. 4 squad / coaching changes in that time. All that  creates is instability.

• Haha 1