Next Manager

2 hours ago, Waycross Don said:

No brainer, get Neil Warnock in, steady ship, review in summer.

Get Warnock in ; with a little bit of luck he may well have some good contracts for the overhaul the entire Administration requires. He may even himself be a good candidate for DOF after the season ends. Surely a man of his experience will have a better chance of getting us back up the table,with a more attractive style of football especially after Robsonball.

Thats of course if Uncle Dave allows this kind of thing to happen.

1 hour ago, dj_bollocks said:

By all means mention names but is there a criteria on who you're picking for next manager...

For me...

Have they won anything ?

Have they managed themselves out of a crisis or bad spell of their own making (new manager bounce doesn't count) ?

What's their proven experience of getting the best out of players developing young talent and selling them on for a profit ?

If you can prove those three things you should be in with a shout. If you don't tick any one of those three criteria get yourself to fuck.

Also not a deal breaker but it would be a lot more palatable if they weren't a H*n. 

I think there is o my one man your criteria fits but I don’t think Alex Ferguson will come out of retirement at his age 

30 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

First guy's some fermer in from Whitecairns they've stuck a Dons tammy on and handed a stuffed sheep. "Okay, now say words, ye thick teuchter, it'll be hilarious! Aaaand ACTION!"

Then they bring him back later, clearly under strict instructions to be even less coherent than the first time. 

Second guy is a bit posh, probably from Scotland the What? Likely calls the cops any time he sees kids near his gerden. 

@ericblack4boss

You taking that, him talking about you like that?, shameful 

I’ve said it before but I’d like Kombouare to get a shot. He’s unemployed but seems to be the go to manager in France for teams at the bottom of league 1 or wanting to get out of league 2 in France. He brings through youth, plays attacking football, wins a cup and then gets fired after a few seasons, but I think would set the foundations we need at the club in terms of style of play.

Maybe the chance to manage a team not permanently in relegation trouble could appeal to him; although appreciate we’re currently near the bottom of the league..

I’m also pretty sure Tsvetanov is an assistant manager so we could bring him in too for peak 90s nostalgia!

6 minutes ago, Rubinho Escocia said:

I’ve said it before but I’d like Kombouare to get a shot. He’s unemployed but seems to be the go to manager in France for teams at the bottom of league 1 or wanting to get out of league 2 in France. He brings through youth, plays attacking football, wins a cup and then gets fired after a few seasons, but I think would set the foundations we need at the club in terms of style of play.

Maybe the chance to manage a team not permanently in relegation trouble could appeal to him; although appreciate we’re currently near the bottom of the league..

I’m also pretty sure Tsvetanov is an assistant manager so we could bring him in too for peak 90s nostalgia!

Kombouare win percentage record not gonna fly. Not good enough

7 minutes ago, Rubinho Escocia said:

Iliyan Kiryakov in as fitness coach 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

First guy's some fermer in from Whitecairns they've stuck a Dons tammy on and handed a stuffed sheep. "Okay, now say words, ye thick teuchter, it'll be hilarious! Aaaand ACTION!"

Then they bring him back later, clearly under strict instructions to be even less coherent than the first time. 

Second guy is a bit posh, probably from Scotland the What? Likely calls the cops any time he sees kids near his gerden. 

The second guy is a nailed on Deesisder 

Don't envy the board having to make the right choice this time. You just have to see the names banded about on here and the difference of opinions. No guarantees with any choice. Maybe we should have a list of our choices. Then we can take the piss out of those that got their wish when it goes tits up further down the line. 

1 hour ago, thurso said:

Can’t recall Neil Warnock playing an exciting brand of football. 

75 years old and prefers short term appointments. I can think of one logical reason why…

I also cannot remember a single commentator praising Warnock for the quality of football. Strikes me as a guy that might have been a good idea 5 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Don't envy the board having to make the right choice this time. You just have to see the names banded about on here and the difference of opinions. No guarantees with any choice. Maybe we should have a list of our choices. Then we can take the piss out of those that got their wish when it goes tits up further down the line. 

Aberdeen are a small fish in a shit infested pond, any manager that takes over will either jump ship to something better or drastically tail off after a few seasons so having a list of people who accept a new manager so you can then laugh at them when it goes wrong is pathetic as fuck

1 minute ago, Hoofball said:

Aberdeen are a small fish in a shit infested pond, any manager that takes over will either jump ship to something better or drastically tail off after a few seasons so having a list of people who accept a new manager so you can then laugh at them when it goes wrong is pathetic as fuck

You missed the sarcasm in the above. There are some on here who still gloat at those who stuck up for Robson in his earlier appointment. Yes, it went south badly after a small initial success. It would be interesting to hear their choice since they have greater insight.