Next Manager

Hearing whispers someone is in the pipeline pre-celtic game but fuck knows if this is a short term fix until the end of the season or a long term target that we actually have been working on behind the scenes

Either way, you've got to think it's someone out of work

Absolutely horsing my productivity at work this week

Fucking Club

2 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Knutsen maybe isn't as outlandish a shout now as it was post Glass. We have better players in out squad now that he'll probably think he can do things with. Rather than fucking Bates and Gallagher. 

He was obviously touted for big moves to Serie A etc but they haven't come off for whatever reason. No idea what Bodo spend on transfers etc but we'd give him a healthy budget for the summer imo. And if he comes in and gets fans off their seats with the style he's implemented at Bodo then the club won't have to worry about ST renewals. 

Bodo have the capability to spend much higher fees than we do. Primarily down to their ability to produce players and sell them. Also, they have a much better TV deal in Norway.

2 hours ago, standfree1978 said:

agreed

The strategy we announced of front foot, attacking football that will get fans flooding back to Pittodrie seems to have been forgotten by those who agreed/announced it.

Not 1 of our last 3 appointments have been anywhere near replicating that on the pitch, so why appoint them? If this IS our strategy, only managers who identify with this style of play should be anywhere near a short list.

The lack of planning is scary

Agree. 

That strategy was a piece of wishful thinking nonsense. 

Nobody outwith the top two can afford to buy players that can competently ever play that style. Pathetic as that sounds the most successful managers adopt a pragmatic approach whereby you have a strong defence and then you build from there. Clarke at Killie and Mcinnes at us being two such examples. They can build sides that will play decent football but it’s about eking out results first and foremost and being hard to beat. 

Our last three managers have not done that. 
With Glass and Goodwin we could on occasion put 4 or 5 past a team but we were far more likely to lose a tight game where free flowing football was not happening 1-0 or 2-1 due to a defensive lapse.

Robson went far too far the other way and just played zero attractive football from the outset. His Counter attacking style relied heavily on us being ruthless up front - box ticked I suppose thanks to Miovski, and competent and miserly at the back - 3 clean sheets in 20 would indicate box most definitely not ticked. 

Anyway, ramble over. Appointment A Neil for me.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I'd have taken Lennon at the height of my Robson depression but have gone really cold on the idea now in reality

Don't want him anywhere near the club 

Could work if we gave him a 1 year deal. It would mean his contract would be coming to an end around the same time as he starts falling out with everyone at the club.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Chester Don said:

Tony Doc has to be in the mix, and I think he would do a tremendous job for us, he certainly has Dundee playing attractive football, as long as he brings Lyle Cameron up with him. 

Tony Doc would be a perfect choice for Cormack. Both inexperienced and current flavour of the month, ticks all boxes.

• Upvote 5

Tony Docherty - fucking hell.

He's been a manager on his own right for half a season. Aberdeen & Hibs being gash has let smaller clubs like Dundee, Killie & St Mirren sit higher up the table than usual.

Surely our ambitions extend beyond that?

• Upvote 7
1 minute ago, Dunty said:

Tony Docherty - fucking hell.

He's been a manager on his own right for half a season. Aberdeen & Hibs being gash has let smaller clubs like Dundee, Killie & St Mirren sit higher up the table than usual.

Surely our ambitions extend beyond that?

Exactly

1 minute ago, a don in oz said:

Nooooo. No Tony Docherty. No more managers just starting out. 

He was right hand man to Mcinness for over 10 years, probably had a large input into formations, tactics and team selection in one of our more successful times, if he has an assistant that can also do the same it could well be a winning formula