Next Manager

3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

It's also to do with the fact that he's done well in recent interim posts at Cardiff and Huddersfield. 

Can put a fire out, our Neil. 

Slander him again and I'll see to it the top AFC chat brass have you removed. 

Thank you. 

I like Warnock. Im not against him coming in for a few games. I’d enjoy the theatre.

I just dont think its worth the cost and the unnecessary media spotlight because i dont think theres that big a fire to put out to secure top 6 and a decent cup run. 

Warnock would be entertaining but not really sure what is achieved by a short term appointment unless we need time to weigh up a long term appointment. We’re not safe in the league yet but not in imminent danger as things currently stand. Surely the club has had ample time since Goodwin was sacked to weigh up potential candidates. 

Lennon - fuck no.

Neil - would be similar to the McInnes appointment. Hasn’t set the world on fire in his recent jobs but has managed at a high level and was surprised that he’s only 42. But he’d only be coming to us because his stock has fallen in England.  

2 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

I like Warnock. Im not against him coming in for a few games. I’d enjoy the theatre.

I just dont think its worth the cost and the unnecessary media spotlight because i dont think theres that big a fire to put out to secure top 6 and a decent cup run. 

I wouldn’t underestimate the shit that we are in.   Other than Livingston, I genuinely wouldn’t fancy our chances beating any other team in the league at the moment.   Last night was beyond shite.  

4 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

What's this "decent cup run" I keep hearing from abdy? 

I want to win the fucking thing. Nothing else is satisfactory. Another wasted trip to Hampden doesn't do anything for me with how I view a manager. 

34 years. Too long.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Alex Neil is a decent option. He has plenty experience in England, not been fantastic but with a point to prove and decent funds I think he could do very well, being free will also appeal to Cormack. 
Similar appointment to McInnes but with more pedigree.

3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I want to win the fucking thing. Nothing else is satisfactory. Another wasted trip to Hampden doesn't do anything for me with how I view a manager. 

34 years. Too long.

Exactly 

Decent cup run chat is for meagre budget clubs. 

folk still think us reaching LC final was ‘decent’ when it fkn wasn’t because it was piss easy then lucky in semi & failed to win it so meant absolutely Fk all. Wish Hibs had put us out & we would have gotten rid of Robson long before today 

1 minute ago, Mouzer said:

Alex Neil is a decent option. He has plenty experience in England, not been fantastic but with a point to prove and decent funds I think he could do very well, being free will also appeal to Cormack. 
Similar appointment to McInnes but with more pedigree.

I don’t think he’s any better (or worse tbf) than Mcinnes. 

57 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Well Duk won't, but yeah Clarkson and McGrath should do well, we will have to get some wingers in tomorrow though. 

Good interview this old, but more I listen to him the more I want him here.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12856975/insight-neil-warnock-and-huddersfields-story-to-success

Pissed off at Duk going. Id of liked to see him under another manager. But given what has happened he has to go if we get a decent bid. 

15 minutes ago, CCB III said:

34 years. Too long.

I'd upvote, but i'm maxed out for the day.

Cup Finals only count if you win them. Getting to Hampden in of itself shouldn't be seen as an achievement.

Neil’s the best option ive heard so far. 

Tbh, id hope the board were focusing fully on finding a decent permanent boss rather than splitting hairs over the interim man. 

I wouldnt imagine Neil would be short of offers both sides of the border. Hopefully Cormack appreciates this when hes weighing up his options. 

(ie.doesnt dither for ages and Neil goes elsewhere and we end up with some clown)

Still hard to believe McInnes was replaced by a total rookie unknown quantity. 

37 minutes ago, BrisDon said:

Neil - would be similar to the McInnes appointment. Hasn’t set the world on fire in his recent jobs but has managed at a high level and was surprised that he’s only 42. But he’d only be coming to us because his stock has fallen in England.  

And? What’s wrong with that?

A few seasons in 3rd place, Scottish Cup, Bob’s yer uncle, Fanny’s yer aunt, he can sod off back to England.

6 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Has he left? I've not seen anything.

Hints of the 'Wallet in the snow' scenario. 

No-one knows anything, but sometimes you know without knowing. 

I guess we'll know inside the next 24 hours

3 hours ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Any of you mongols make an appearance on this? Christ what a difficult watch. I think they deliberately seek out the bewildered and infirm. 

3 hours ago, Roberto said:

That guy with the peaky blinders hat and closes his eyes. That's not real.

Someone defo taking the piss.

There's no way he ever looked forward to going to Pittodrie.

3 hours ago, Samac92 said:

That has to be @Dadwith the tartan bonnet 

Tartan bonnet has to be @ERNIEabsolutely rimming Robson to the very end.

Going to chuck a new name out there. Michael Duff. Took Cheltenham up and kept them up comfortably, got Barnsley to play off final when they were shite. Sacked by Swansea most recently but they've not really improved results since he left.

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

I'd upvote, but i'm maxed out for the day.

Cup Finals only count if you win them. Getting to Hampden in of itself shouldn't be seen as an achievement.

Especially not in Scotland, and especially not if you're at Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen.

I always forget how retarded some people are until it’s comes round to Aberdeen needing a new manager

Just seen Tyrone Smith say that we should be going for either:

A manager who just got the boot from Ross County

A manager who has failed at inferior clubs in Hibs and United

And the Neil Lennon shout speaks for itself

1 minute ago, Willo flood said:

I always forget how retarded some people are until it’s comes round to Aberdeen needing a new manager

Just seen Tyrone Smith say that we should be going for either:

A manager who just got the boot from Ross County

A manager who has failed at inferior clubs in Hibs and United

And the Neil Lennon shout speaks for itself

Got his finger on the pulse does Tyrone.

I still think we should be looking abroad- we really need a change from the Scottish management barrel of shite.

Look across the Premiership and the standards of coaching and tactics are fairly rubbish tbh. 

Far too many teams doing what we have and appointing ex players with very little experience or quality as a manager and just thinking that’s ok.

• Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, Helmet said:

I still think we should be looking abroad- we really need a change from the Scottish management barrel of shite.

Look across the Premiership and the standards of coaching and tactics are fairly rubbish tbh. 

Far too many teams doing what we have and appointing ex players with very little experience or quality as a manager and just thinking that’s ok.

Swedish & Norwegian leagues will have a few good coaches.

Similar standards of league, not too dissimilar styles of play, it’s not like a Spaniard coming in trying to implement tika taka for example. 

The Elfsborg coach Jimmy Thelin being one of example. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Swedish & Norwegian leagues will have a few good coaches.

Similar standards of league, not too dissimilar styles of play, it’s not like a Spaniard coming in trying to implement tika taka for example. 

The Elfsborg coach Jimmy Thelin being one of example. 

He sounds good.

Troll the net for all the managers that have some track record.

Ask them if they'd be interested.

Go and watch their team.

If you want to do that for, say, 10 managers on the continent then its a strong argument for a caretaker appointment like Warnock