Next Manager

4 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Get a foreigner in with tons of experience and one with massive ambitions.

We don't need some guy to steady the ship to then leave in 5 months and we have to restart AGAIN!.

We need someone with connections. Who knows the market and can change the entire team through time for quality.

We are going nowhere this term anyway so start from the bottom. Take time and have a plan.

Perhaps the only issue with a foreigner and the need for stability is that one of those continental soap dodger types may not view it as even a medium term role and merely a two season stepping stone to __________ (insert unpronounceable euro trash team here) 

1 hour ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Perhaps the only issue with a foreigner and the need for stability is that one of those continental soap dodger types may not view it as even a medium term role and merely a two season stepping stone to __________ (insert unpronounceable euro trash team here) 

Thats cool as if he's off in 2 years it will have meant he's been reasonably successful. I'd take 2 seasons of relative success rather than a season of abject failure by 3 different managers any day of the week.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TerryMcDermott said:

That’s fine.

That’s the recruitment strategy for the playing staff.

We can’t expect managers to stay long-term if they have ambition.

I’d rather we list a manager because he’d been head hunted as opposed to his head being called for by the fans. 

• Upvote 6
3 minutes ago, Rubinho Escocia said:

If we appoint Warnock to the end of the season it would be more evidence those in charge of the club have no idea what they’re doing. 

Robson has been gone in everything but name for ages and if we’ve not got a manager lined up, other that a short term fix we’ve much bigger problems.

We already know that the club don't know what they're doing. 

Getting someone in to give them a few home truths wouldn't be the worst idea, not sure any of them would listen though. 

3 minutes ago, Rubinho Escocia said:

If we appoint Warnock to the end of the season it would be more evidence those in charge of the club have no idea what they’re doing. 

Robson has been gone in everything but name for ages and if we’ve not got a manager lined up, other that a short term fix we’ve much bigger problems.

agreed

The strategy we announced of front foot, attacking football that will get fans flooding back to Pittodrie seems to have been forgotten by those who agreed/announced it.

Not 1 of our last 3 appointments have been anywhere near replicating that on the pitch, so why appoint them? If this IS our strategy, only managers who identify with this style of play should be anywhere near a short list.

The lack of planning is scary

• Upvote 1

Knutsen maybe isn't as outlandish a shout now as it was post Glass. We have better players in out squad now that he'll probably think he can do things with. Rather than fucking Bates and Gallagher. 

He was obviously touted for big moves to Serie A etc but they haven't come off for whatever reason. No idea what Bodo spend on transfers etc but we'd give him a healthy budget for the summer imo. And if he comes in and gets fans off their seats with the style he's implemented at Bodo then the club won't have to worry about ST renewals. 

• Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Knutsen maybe isn't as outlandish a shout now as it was post Glass. We have better players in out squad now that he'll probably think he can do things with. Rather than fucking Bates and Gallagher. 

He was obviously touted for big moves to Serie A etc but they haven't come off for whatever reason. No idea what Bodo spend on transfers etc but we'd give him a healthy budget for the summer imo. And if he comes in and gets fans off their seats with the style he's implemented at Bodo then the club won't have to worry about ST renewals. 

Someone's up dates his Wikipedia page 🤣 

Nice to dream but he won't be coming here unfortunately, when if he ever moves it will be to a side that isn't known as a sacking manager side😳, he's rejected plenty clubs, I actually think he's happy where he is, strange as his ship will have sailed.

1 minute ago, Dandys1983 said:

Someone's up dates his Wikipedia page 🤣 

Nice to dream but he won't be coming here unfortunately, when if he ever moves it will be to a side that isn't known as a sacking manager side😳, he's rejected plenty clubs, I actually think he's happy where he is, strange as his ship will have sailed.

It's the type of appointment we should be making. Ambitious. Which means it's the total opposite of what the club are likely to do. 

Horneland or Arnar Gunnlaugsson would be my choices preferably. Need to get off this merry go round of failed Scottish managers tbh. 

15 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

It's the type of appointment we should be making. Ambitious. Which means it's the total opposite of what the club are likely to do. 

Horneland or Arnar Gunnlaugsson would be my choices preferably. Need to get off this merry go round of failed Scottish managers tbh. 

It's ok throwing these names about, I'd love them here, but at the moment I don't believe we could attract these type of managers, we have slipped a level with several sackings. But if we do I'd be be delighted. 

55 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Knutsen maybe isn’t as outlandish  a shout now as it was post Glass. We have better players in out squad now that he'll probably think he can do things with. Rather than fucking Bates and Gallagher. 

Aye, it is.

We’re 8th in a shite league with a fucking clown as DoF, who will be a new managers boss.

Warnock would be good crack and maybe a couple of surprise results. If needed to steady the ship until the new man comes in I would be happy with appointment. Malky MacKay , Alex Neil or some foreign guy with zeal and a bit of a track record. 

1 hour ago, hairyhaggis666 said:

I think hes also stated how fantastic the rangers are whe he goes with his pal Coisty.

Id still take him

Let’s see how fantastic he thinks they are when VAR is abused, again, in the 89th minute on Tuesday to make sure the league is competitive n’that naw but.

lets see his response when Kenny McIntyre et al assure him that these things even themselves out over the season using the equally dodgy award to the Tims this coming Saturday as justification.

Anyone that gives us something different and plays without the perpetual fear that seems to be ingrained in recent AFC sides. 

Would rather see us go for it in games and at least make for an entertaining spectacle. 

Look at the likes of Postecoglou, he was pretty unheralded when he arrived at Celtic, and still seen as a "lesser league manager" when he want to spurs, but they love him there because of how he has them playing, and their games are entertaining. 

The way Scottish football is set up, and the financial disparity, we are not going to be serial trophy winners any time soon, but at least take the game to other teams and be exciting to watch 

• Upvote 5