Next Manager

Hopefully the club is working at securing new management team already.

Id expect Warnock to just stay until the summer, he is 8hrs away from his home, he is 75 and with kids and grandchildren I think he will want to just stay till then and go back to his semi retirement, 

4 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Id expect Warnock to just stay until the summer, he is 8hrs away from his home, he is 75 and with kids and grandchildren I think he will want to just stay till then and go back to his semi retirement, 

If he’s no too busy fawning over sevco that is. Last night was cringeworthy.

• Dildo 4

He's got no intention to stay longer & I wouldn't want him any longer, he's certainly a lover of Rangers, but you could see he wanted more for us last night, he will steady the ship if nothing else and maybe point out to Burrows and Cormack that certain players and Coaches are not the standard for us. 

17 hours ago, C'monEweReds said:

Is Steve Bruce completely unrealistic

Barring maybe his first couple of jobs in management at Sheffield Utd and Huddersfield back in the 90s, it's unlikely he's earned any less than £25k/wk and when managing in EPL he would of been on a shitload more than that.

Would he come to us to earn a fraction of what he's been used to? I doubt he needs the hassle, he's a multi millionaire and if he can't get a job at an English Championship level club, I think he'd probably prefer just to relax, enjoy his grandchildren and the fruits of his many years labour.

Only English managers who might consider us are those that are very early on in their managerial careers, experienced ones whose career has been mainly at EFL1 or lower  or ones that have been an utter failure in a high profile job/s and need to rebuild their career. But many will think that we are just too much of a risk and also (despite there being adequate/good flight links to most parts of the UK in 90 minutes or less) that we are geographically situated in a freezing cold northern outpost of the UK and a lot of upheaval for not a great deal of reward career wise

4 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

He's got no intention to stay longer & I wouldn't want him any longer, he's certainly a lover of Rangers, but you could see he wanted more for us last night, he will steady the ship if nothing else and maybe point out to Burrows and Cormack that certain players and Coaches are not the standard for us. 

Any body connected with Aberdeen who loves Sevco shouldn’t be here. Full Stop.   Sevco are the shits of Scottish football, like all those who praise them. 

I’m comfortable with him being here until the summer and reckon he will get us top 5. However the whole rangers love in really doesn’t sit right with me whatsoever.

i want our next manager to create a proper seige mentality. Show some absolute distain towards the west coast media. We are outsiders geographically and want it to remain that way. 

we want to be a team that clubs absolutely detest coming up north to play. 

will it happen? Doubt it. 

5 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Hence the short term deal. The whole idea of his appointment was to buy time and take their time to get the next appointment "correct". 

I'm quite confident that people have been sounded out and CV's checked already in an ongoing "prawcess". 

This is it. At least now we know the usual suspects are being thrown in the bin. It has to be something that resembles the criteria. Managers chair and would be better with a DOF who feels the same way. 

Jack Ross,Lennon would only be in the door from now. No chance they now get it. 

It's surely a smaller pool. No chance for the youth coaches with good fitba career behind them. If he's paying for Warnock and his fitba then he has a pot to go elsewhere longer term.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, scottymc said:

I’m comfortable with him being here until the summer and reckon he will get us top 5. However the whole rangers love in really doesn’t sit right with me whatsoever.

i want our next manager to create a proper seige mentality. Show some absolute distain towards the west coast media. We are outsiders geographically and want it to remain that way. 

we want to be a team that clubs absolutely detest coming up north to play. 

will it happen? Doubt it. 

You don't need to be like that, at all

Just play well, full stop and forget about distractions 

Eirik Horneland - Brann manager (season not started yet). Got them promoted, finished 2nd and won the Norwegian Cup

Jimmy Thelin - Elfsborg manager (season not started yet). Finished 2nd last year tied on points with Malmo and only short by 2 goals of a difference. Been at Elfsborg for 6 years and could be ready to step up for a new challenge.

Pascal Jensen - Manager for AZ Alkmaar for 4 seasons improving them to 4th place behind PSV Feyenoord and Ajax. Recently left AZ and is available

Igor Biscan - Previous manager at Rijeka, Croatia U21's and Dynamo Zagreb. Went to Saudi but is currently available

Jon Dahl Thomason - Recently relived of his position at Blackburn so available but did really well with Malmo.

All viable options to go sound out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
6 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Eirik Horneland - Brann manager (season not started yet). Got them promoted, finished 2nd and won the Norwegian Cup

Jimmy Thelin - Elfsborg manager (season not started yet). Finished 2nd last year tied on points with Malmo and only short by 2 goals of a difference. Been at Elfsborg for 6 years and could be ready to step up for a new challenge.

Pascal Jensen - Manager for AZ Alkmaar for 4 seasons improving them to 4th place behind PSV Feyenoord and Ajax. Recently left AZ and is available

Igor Biscan - Previous manager at Rijeka, Croatia U21's and Dynamo Zagreb. Went to Saudi but is currently available

Jon Dahl Thomason - Recently relived of his position at Blackburn so available but did really well with Malmo.

All viable options to go sound out.

Brann were majorly struggling last I looked so that’s pretty impressive. BHH. Robbie winters and Cato G as assistants 

6 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Brann were majorly struggling last I looked so that’s pretty impressive. BHH. Robbie winters and Cato G as assistants 

Cato too busy with his toy shop.

But yes, Horneland is the man to lead us to glory.

• Thanks 1