Next Manager

Wonder if it would be good if they already had the new manager in line for next season and have told them to observe and learn from watching the players playing now, whilst scouting themselves for new players. No pressure for this season and no excuses for the start of next.

On 2/16/2024 at 4:10 PM, ERNIE said:

That will probably only happen when we get a better manager than Mcinnes..

Spot on min. If McInnes had done the job he did with us at 1 of the EDI clubs then what he's done at Killie then for sure his name wud be top of most folks lists on here. 

I'm all for getting an upgrade on McInnes but let's face it, it ain't happening so have him back in a heartbeat. For those who scorn and say wise the feck up, tell me of sumbdy realistically better........

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
11 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Just watching sportscene

Just bloody go and get mcinnes back

Why would he come back to work under Cormack, who he doesn’t like, and why would ANY manager want to have to report to Steven Gunn FFS? 

McInnes likes full control of “the football operation”, which he wouldn’t have.

That’s why I don’t think we’ll get a manager of any substance. 
That and the fact we have idiots on the “FMB” who are clueless & unfit to be in that position. 
An FMB I might add that is 100% unnecessary IF you have a PROPER DoF in charge, not a hard working admin guy.

I don’t like the club right now. 
Shambolically ran 

• Upvote 2

McInnes definitely found whatever it was that he was missing in his last few seasons with us. It was good for him. 

We've just made terrible appointments since.

Not looking forward to us getting out arse handed to us next week.

2 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Aye you look when things started to go downhill under McInnes. It was when Cormack came in. 

weird signings like 800,000 for Hernandez. 

then you look at glass, Goodwin, robson. 

big fees for Gueye, Morris, Richardson etc. 

You have to wonder if Cormack has realised yet… “it’s not you, it’s me”

I said that from the word go

Mcinnes' team went downhill almost as soon as Cormack came in

Look at his killie team

Not lost in 12, is it?

Maybe there's something in giving him full control - except, he has to accept our scouting network

1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

McInnes definitely found whatever it was that he was missing in his last few seasons with us. It was good for him. 

We've just made terrible appointments since.

Not looking forward to us getting out arse handed to us next week.

What aren't you getting?

Mcinnes' team started to wane when cormack came in

He is clearly a bloody brilliant manager 

Just now, Millertime said:

Yeah but he only wanted out because cormack was an interfering clown

He wouldn't have been sat in the directors box recently if he was 100% against coming back 

I'd wager that's more to do with his friendship with Milne and the fact Kilmarnock play Aberdeen soon...

And I'm sure you probably know that deep down also.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Roberto said:

I'd wager that's more to do with his friendship with Milne and the fact Kilmarnock play Aberdeen soon...

And I'm sure you probably know that deep down also.

Maybe

But maybe that friendship with Milne is what gives it a chance

Contrary to belief, I can see a very good reason as to why Derek would want to go back 

We have been a shitshow since he left - could be a case of proving a lot of people wrong 

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Maybe

Contrary to belief, I can see a very good reason as to why Derek would want to go back 

We have been a shitshow since he left - could be a case of proving a lot of people wrong 

1. McInnes was wanting a fresher challenge is the truth.

2. We were going stale under McInnes even before Cormack came in.

3. They won't work together, ever. I know VERY RELIABLY the feelings one has on the other.

4. It won't happen.

5. It seriously won't happen.

6. Let it go.

7. Cormack got and continues to get it so badly wrong in his role, so he has to seriously get it fucking right in the next one. When or if that happens, all McInnes chat goes away, thankfully.

8. He is a good manager and I think we played the best football I've seen for many years under him but after that, he was too reliant on players who played for him previously and it wasn't working for us (however it is working at Killie). Unfortunately we had too many wage thieves at Aberdeen.

• Upvote 5
7 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Maybe

McInnes won't step foot back into Pittodrie as AFC manager as long as Cormack has anything to do with the club. You can absolutely forget him coming back as much as right now we probably need him.

Cormack and the club want to scout and buy more players from overseas. McInnes won't do that. He'd get rid of our current HoR and bring fucking Russ Richardson back. As somebody else said, he wants full autonomy of how the Football Department is run. He won't have that here as Cormack won't allow it. He didn't allow it when he took charge back in 2019 or whenever it was. He won't allow it now. 

5 minutes ago, Roberto said:

3. They won't work together, ever. I know VERY RELIABLY the feelings one has on the other.

4. It won't happen.

6. Let it go.

7. Cormack got and continues to get it so badly wrong in his role, so he has to seriously get it fucking right in the next one. When or if that happens, all McInnes chat goes away, thankfully.

8. He is a good manager and I think we played the best football I've seen for many years under him but after that, he was too reliant on players who played for him previously and it wasn't working for us (however it is working at Killie). Unfortunately we had too many wage thieves at Aberdeen.

Players such as Marley Watkins, Greg Stewart, Gary Mackay-Steven proved at other clubs they were very good players. 

Many other players have also come to Aberdeen and struggled.

Is the wage structure and the culture at the club too comfortable?

On 2/16/2024 at 10:11 AM, minijc said:

Aye we'd be sitting in 2nd place if we still had Kennedy, Watkins and GMS, dearie fucking me.

I have to say, we would probably be in a much better position with McInnes.

Bringing in Warnock goes to show how much of an ego Cormack has. Pointless appointment and all about posturing.

21 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What aren't you getting?

Mcinnes' team started to wane when cormack came in

He is clearly a bloody brilliant manager 

Even at our worst we were decent. 

You need to rebuild at a club like Aberdeen and he did it very well over 8 seasons. 

you look at United but when they had to replace gms, Armstrong, Russell, Robertson etc they were shite. Hibs had a brilliant side with McGinn, mcgeouch etc under Lennon but turned shite. 

we stayed up there the whole time. Always, as a minimum, on the coattails of 3rd if we were there or higher. 

we peaked in 16/17 then lost Hayes, Jack, Taylor, McGinn (for a bit) but still finished the following season in 2nd above some strong sides. 

Qualifying for Europe 8 times in a row is unheard of for any team in Scotland outside the main 2. 

• Upvote 4
3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Why would he come back to work under Cormack, who he doesn’t like, and why would ANY manager want to have to report to Steven Gunn FFS? 

McInnes likes full control of “the football operation”, which he wouldn’t have.

That’s why I don’t think we’ll get a manager of any substance. 
That and the fact we have idiots on the “FMB” who are clueless & unfit to be in that position. 
An FMB I might add that is 100% unnecessary IF you have a PROPER DoF in charge, not a hard working admin guy.

I don’t like the club right now. 
Shambolically ran 

You raise a number of valid points. I do worry the quality of manager that will come to a club like ours where all matters on and off the field seems totally  dictated by Cormack.

6 minutes ago, El Pacino said:

I have to say, we would probably be in a much better position with McInnes.

Bringing in Warnock goes to show how much of an ego Cormack has. Pointless appointment and all about posturing.

Based on what?   Had McInnes stayed there's no new recruitment strategy which means there's no Miovski, Ramadani, Duk and Clarkson.

How is Warnock a pointless appointment?  Who should we have hired instead?

25 minutes ago, Roberto said:

4. It won't happen.

6. Let it go.

We weren't "going stale" before cormack came in