Next Manager

15 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Yes he's a shit manager. Who signed a good few shit players. 

Almost exclusively playing in central defence. So to say our squad is good would be wrong on those grounds alone. Although I do concede that a few of the ones he signed that play elsewhere in the side haven't exactly covered themselves in glory either

I’m not sure the squad is that bad. There isn’t many teams above us outside the top two where I would wish I had their squad. 

I think it was just badly managed 

8 minutes ago, thurso said:

I’m not sure the squad is that bad. There isn’t many teams above us outside the top two where I would wish I had their squad. 

Badly managed and poorly balanced, but with some really good players. Robson asked the scouts to recruit too many players to fit only one system, then refused to adapt. Never going to manage signing a couple of good wingers in January.

I think for all the criticism Gunn gets (and much of it warranted), a few seem to forget they're bringing in guys to fit the manager's criteria and playstyle. Probably why we have so many headless chickens.

Doubt it would make sense bringing in new players for a guy like Warnock if he's only going to be here for 3 months, only for the new guy to decide they're shite and be stuck with them on long contracts. Best we could have hoped for was a couple of loans but they would have been as much a gamble as they always are.

14 hours ago, Belabedlam said:

Badly managed and poorly balanced, but with some really good players. Robson asked the scouts to recruit too many players to fit only one system, then refused to adapt. Never going to manage signing a couple of good wingers in January.

I think for all the criticism Gunn gets (and much of it warranted), a few seem to forget they're bringing in guys to fit the manager's criteria and playstyle. Probably why we have so many headless chickens.

Doubt it would make sense bringing in new players for a guy like Warnock if he's only going to be here for 3 months, only for the new guy to decide they're shite and be stuck with them on long contracts. Best we could have hoped for was a couple of loans but they would have been as much a gamble as they always are.

You think all the players we recruited in the summer were all brought in to suit Robson’s ‘system’? 🤣 

All the players were brought in by ‘take what you get’ approach pretty much but Robson (mistakenly) thought the my were suited to his ‘system’ but nothing could be further from that

15 hours ago, thurso said:

Probably only about half a dozen to maybe eight players in our squad that I would want us to keep but I would happily replace all but Miovski & maybe Duk/Clarkson (in hope they rediscover form) in reality if I had a priority pick over the SPFL pool out with the arse cheeks. 

• Like 1

Tonight showed us why an interim manager is a stupid idea. Its a laugh for Warnock  , how else can you explain that starting 11. The new manager should be in now assessing the changes we need for next season. Appointing Warnock is writing off this season. Top 6 .? At the moment i think 10th is the height of our ambitions. Very dangerous game to play.

4 hours ago, davierobb said:

Tonight showed us why an interim manager is a stupid idea. Its a laugh for Warnock, how else can you explain that starting 11. The new manager should be in now assessing the changes we need for next season. Appointing Warnock is writing off this season. Top 6 .? At the moment i think 10th is the height of our ambitions. Very dangerous game to play.

1 hour ago, super_al said:

I see Derek McInnes was sitting with the directors tonight.

A ruse by Wardog with 2 of our next 5 games v Killie.

Still 27 pre-split points and a Cup to play for.

Aye great. Mcinnes who had us regularly 3rd or 4th place over many years will only be at Pittodrie as an opposition manager. With Cormack in charge you are right. But when you look at the gulf between the top three and us , our inability to beat teams around us we have become reliant on Livingston and Ross County being awful to keep us in the top flight . The league does not lie. We are 9th in one of the worst league of teams for years. Is this the bright exciting brand of football we were promised.?

• Upvote 1

Is the third party who are reviewing the operations also helping with picking a manager? Surely in this day and age we can consult some sort of recruitment/head hunting firm for football managers, who can use a lot of data metrics to establish who would be a good fit for the job. This is because our board have no clue what they are doing. 

2 hours ago, Saturday's Kid said:

I'm fairly sure that if McInnes was still manager we'd be in a better place than we are currently but it's like saying that the country would be better off if Theresa May was still Prime Minister. Just because what followed was disastrous doesn't mean that it wasn't time to go.

Aye exactly this

Still will get folk pining over him 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Saturday's Kid said:

I'm fairly sure that if McInnes was still manager we'd be in a better place than we are currently but it's like saying that the country would be better off if Theresa May was still Prime Minister. Just because what followed was disastrous doesn't mean that it wasn't time to go.

I get your point but I would still rather have May and Mcinnes.I just don't get the logic of getting somebody worse in if you can't get someone better.Cormack will be on manager no 6 come the summer..in 3.5 years.

What was it they said, want the new guy in by April?

Hopefully they are well down the line in making a shortlist and get the ball rolling with interviews. Would like to see the new guy in dugout with Warnock for a few games from April until end of season and get a decent handover from him to see what needs addressed so we are not fucking about wasting more time come the summer window.

2 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

IMG-8932.jpg

Fascinating, next to your average Scottish men, Derek looks continental. A strong, defined nose, darker tint of skin, fashionable clothes and stubble. 

I just want some eye candy back in the dugout. I've missed Goodwin.

Just now, CCB III said:

Fascinating, next to your average Scottish men, Derek looks continental. A strong, defined nose, darker tint of skin, fashionable clothes and stubble. 

I just want some eye candy back in the dugout. I've missed Goodwin.

Stewart Milne outshines all the others in that photo too. He must be getting his hole.

1 hour ago, ericblack4boss said:

I will guarantee this if Hun DMC was still manager then no way Miovski would ever be signed 

Lol

Absolutely desperate to think of something to say against mcinnes.

Personally I’d prefer a good team rather than just 1 good player when we’ve spent millions (using money gained selling players brought in by mcinnes).

Hopefully Lennon can find that solution next season 

36 minutes ago, brunstanesheep said:

What was it they said, want the new guy in by April?

Hopefully they are well down the line in making a shortlist and get the ball rolling with interviews. Would like to see the new guy in dugout with Warnock for a few games from April until end of season and get a decent handover from him to see what needs addressed so we are not fucking about wasting more time come the summer window.

Apparently, one of the managers they approached for the interim role (not Warnock, so probably either Jack Ross or Lennon) asked the board "if they won the Scottish Cup and finished 4th, would they get the job on a permanent basis?" and were told "no".

Surely, (taking the absurdity of Ross and Lennon out of the equation) and knowing Warnock isn't interested, that tells us the club already have somebody lined up to take the job on, in the summer.

10 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

Who’s the old guy in the bunnet? And, has Gunn brought his mum along ?

Definitely Gunn’s mum, she has that look of discontent on her face. Whilst Gunn is fuming that the team he has assembled is playing shite and making him look a right cunt in front of his mummy* 

* Gunn’s words not mine