Next Manager

2 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

You'd think we'd sacked Sir Alex in his prime the way some continually go on and on about McInnes. 

I'm bored at work, so here's McInnes run of results from the turn of the year until his departure the season he left;

Dundee Utd (H)  0-0 D

Rangers (H)  1-2 L

Ross County (A)  4-1 L

Motherwell (H)  2-0 W

St Johnstone (A)  0-0 D

Livingston (A)  0-0 D

Livingston (H)  0-2 L

Hibs (A)  2-0 L

St Mirren (H)  0-0 D

Celtic (A)  1-0 L

Kilmarnock (H)  1-0 W

Celtic (A)  1-0 L

Hamilton (H)  0-0 D

2 wins, 5 draws, 6 losses. 5 goals scored. What's the difference between that and what Robson is serving up just now?

What’s the difference? Probably a few million. 

McInnes lost Cosgrove, wright, hedges & Watkins during / before the January window and was only allowed to bring in 3 shit loan players as replacements. 

Robson, glass and Goodwin have spent an absolute fortune on shite. 

Was time for McInnes to go but even at his worst he was better than the managers since. We were playing good football the first half of that season 

15 minutes ago, RUL said:

Robson very confident at his press conference. Says nobody is concerned at afc .

Out of morbid curiosity, I went in and had a listen. 
Well for 5 minutes I did

Just a rambling word salad of cliches, delusion & waffle. 
Albeit only Tyrone had the balls to ask him about his job security.

I am at the stage where I actually dislike him & those spineless idiots above him that are seemingly carrying on like nothing is wrong. 

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, RUL said:

Robson very confident at his press conference. Says nobody is concerned at afc .

Can’t really say anything else, can he? 

He’s fucked, and he knows he is. Matter of time.

FWIW, I think he’ll get positive performances (maybe not results though) over the next 3 matches and will stagger on, but will finally buckle maybe late Dec/early Jan. We’ll see

3 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Can’t really say anything else, can he? 

He’s fucked, and he knows he is. Matter of time.

FWIW, I think he’ll get positive performances (maybe not results though) over the next 3 matches and will stagger on, but will finally buckle maybe late Dec/early Jan. We’ll see

When the Board don’t sack a manager after the worst result in our history last January, then I’m not sure Robson will get dunted even if we lose tomorrow & the Final (Frankfurt is irrelevant & a free hit).

3 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

You'd think we'd sacked Sir Alex in his prime the way some continually go on and on about McInnes. 

I'm bored at work, so here's McInnes run of results from the turn of the year until his departure the season he left;

Dundee Utd (H)  0-0 D

Rangers (H)  1-2 L

Ross County (A)  4-1 L

Motherwell (H)  2-0 W

St Johnstone (A)  0-0 D

Livingston (A)  0-0 D

Livingston (H)  0-2 L

Hibs (A)  2-0 L

St Mirren (H)  0-0 D

Celtic (A)  1-0 L

Kilmarnock (H)  1-0 W

Celtic (A)  1-0 L

Hamilton (H)  0-0 D

2 wins, 5 draws, 6 losses. 5 goals scored. What's the difference between that and what Robson is serving up just now?

At least one of those five scores was an OG as well

32 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Out of morbid curiosity, I went in and had a listen. 
Well for 5 minutes I did

Just a rambling word salad of cliches, delusion & waffle. 
Albeit only Tyrone had the balls to ask him about his job security.

I am at the stage where I actually dislike him & those spineless idiots above him that are seemingly carrying on like nothing is wrong. 

Yeah the rambling is difficult 

5 hours ago, GDON21 said:

I However, I remember knowing his time was up down at Dundee in the league cup of his final season, when we won in extra time. The way we played against a championship team that day was nothing short of an embarrassment.

I remember being at that game and thinking the very same. McInnes had gone stale, stodged by the £17k he was trousering every week. Numbed his appetite and ambition.

Dundee played us off the park and we relied on an injury time equaliser from Consi. Logan and McGinn were clearly miles past their best, and yet McInnes was happy to rely on them, rather than integrating new and younger players into the side

10 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

They have to be. 
Surely. 

Fuck yeah! The pittodrie public let their feelings be known loud and clear on Wednesday! DC perceives himself as a man of people and needs to be adored (love the stone roses).

When the peasants  are revolting he has to act to keep this perceived love in place..

it’s coming. I hope 

3 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Dundee Utd (H)  0-0 D

Rangers (H)  1-2 L

Ross County (A)  4-1 L

Motherwell (H)  2-0 W

St Johnstone (A)  0-0 D

Livingston (A)  0-0 D

Livingston (H)  0-2 L

Hibs (A)  2-0 L

St Mirren (H)  0-0 D

Celtic (A)  1-0 L

Kilmarnock (H)  1-0 W

Celtic (A)  1-0 L

Hamilton (H)  0-0 D

Very little. In his last 13 league games BR has secured 12 points v DM’s 11

however, in comparing your DM snapshot and BR last 13, we can conclude that BR is the slightly taller dwarf! 

27 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

I’m concerned and I’m concerned why he isn’t concerned or why nobody at the club is concerned..

let’s be honest. He’s concerned, we’re all concerned and his seniors at the club are concerned really

As far as I'm concerned I don't think anyone is concerned at the club. That's why I'm more concerned than if they were concerned.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

Seriously? Yes

They have to give an air of not being concerned! His body language shows he concerned. No way there hasn’t been some sort of discussion between Swiss and BR.

he knows how important a performance and result is tomorrow and he’s well aware of the reaction from the crowd if anything goes tits up! 

3 minutes ago, englishred said:

Sods law is we beat The Rangers at Hampden park. But lose to hearts and Frankfurt before. But that would just paper over the cracks 

If we win the cup, which he will be at the helm for, how much of a stay of execution would that give him if league results didn’t improve after that? Livi being the next game..end of Jan/feb, by which time we could be properly fucked?

9 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

They have to give an air of not being concerned! His body language shows he concerned. No way there hasn’t been some sort of discussion between Swiss and BR.

he knows how important a performance and result is tomorrow and he’s well aware of the reaction from the crowd if anything goes tits up! 

I honestly think that if they were concerned enough he'd have been given the bullet weeks ago. The league results and performances have been of a relegation type all season. 

It is simply the same as the last 2. Hope above hope that you've actually done a good job and employed the right management team even though the results and performances are staring you in the face. Keep telling yourself you've done a good job and hope things turn out ok. Show no concern and make yourself believe there's no reason for any.

A win at home to Hearts isn't going to change anything, you know it, I know it, everyone on here knows it. What does Cormack think though? That's what matters. If he was concerned he would know it too.

26 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

If we win the cup, which he will be at the helm for, how much of a stay of execution would that give him if league results didn’t improve after that? Livi being the next game..end of Jan/feb, by which time we could be properly fucked?

I get that but surely winning a cup is everything when you consider the league is impossible. However I take your point about him being given longer. Could really backfire