Next Manager

2 minutes ago, englishred said:

I get that but surely winning a cup is everything when you consider the league is impossible. However I take your point about him being given longer. Could really backfire 

Sorry! Wasn’t my point! A cup win is a no brainer. Just asking the question about how much longer he would get ie credit in the bank if he won the cup 

Cup win would be amazing 

The problem is that the last 3 appointments its been clear that absolutely no research has been done in order to bring in a competent manager. 

As much as I defend Cormack, this is on him. 

When McInnes got the dunt we were hoping for someone who had maybe won some trophies or promotions or was otherwise standing out in the role. A few of us laughed at the rumour that it was going to be Glass. "He's got absolutely no experience in managing at our level. There's no way it'll be Glass." 

Inevitably Glass came in and failed. 

When Glass got the dunt we hoped that in the weeks or months leading up to his sacking the club had been sourcing a manager who had maybe won some trophies or promotions or was otherwise standing out in the role. Instead, we got Goodwin, eventually. 

When Goodwin got the dunt, as was clearly going to happen, we hoped the club had been sourcing a replacement who had maybe won some trophies or promotions or was otherwise standing out in the role. Instead we got Robson. 

When Robson finally gets the dunt, and we all know this is inevitable, what are the chances that... AT THE FOURTH FUCKING TIME OF ASKING... Cormack will have sourced an experienced replacement who has maybe won some trophies or promotions or is otherwise standing out in the role.

Probably about fucking zero. 

• Thanks 1

There are a lot of Managers out there who have the gift of the gab. Spouting all the relevant buzz words to appear very knowledgeable (Goodwin etc). Cormack was in a difficult situation with Robson as he would have been vilified for sacking someone who helped us to 3rd. 

We really need someone now who can actually manage a squad, make quick changes when required and get the best out of them. Last few managers seem to be failing in those traits over a long period of time. 

8 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

There are a lot of Managers out there who have the gift of the gab. Spouting all the relevant buzz words to appear very knowledgeable (Goodwin etc). Cormack was in a difficult situation with Robson as he would have been vilified for sacking someone who helped us to 3rd. 

We really need someone now who can actually manage a squad, make quick changes when required and get the best out of them. Last few managers seem to be failing in those traits over a long period of time. 

Technically wouldn't have been sacking Robson had we stuck with the original plan where he was interim until the end of the season but oh no, they had to give in to what most of the fans were demanding and decided to make him permanent manager before the rangers game at home.

28 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

The problem is that the last 3 appointments its been clear that absolutely no research has been done in order to bring in a competent manager. 

When McInnes got the dunt we were hoping for someone who had maybe won some trophies or promotions or was otherwise standing out in the role. A few of us laughed at the rumour that it was going to be Glass. "He's got absolutely no experience in managing at our level. There's no way it'll be Glass." 

When Glass got the dunt we hoped that in the weeks or months leading up to his sacking the club had been sourcing a manager who had maybe won some trophies or promotions or was otherwise standing out in the role. Instead, we got Goodwin, eventually. 

When Goodwin got the dunt, as was clearly going to happen, we hoped the club had been sourcing a replacement who had maybe won some trophies or promotions or was otherwise standing out in the role. Instead we got Robson. 

When Robson finally gets the dunt, and we all know this is inevitable, what are the chances that... AT THE FOURTH FUCKING TIME OF ASKING... Cormack will have sourced an experienced replacement who has maybe won some trophies or promotions or is otherwise standing out in the role.

Yup! Need someone that’s managed a club no smaller than Aberdeen and ideally bigger than Aberdeen. Someone that can handle the expectations and has a proven track record as you say. That would rule out the likes of Tony Doc, Robinson etc. someone that had a style of play. Ie one you can recognise. 

mowbray would be a very good candidate and probably Neil Lennon would be too! 

17 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

He would only have been vilified if the manager he chose made a cunt of it! 
if he’d brought in someone good and experienced, that was doing well at this stage, nobody would care that he didn’t give BR the job.

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Given we haven’t brought in a proper DoF I think there is every evidence you will be proven right.

But you never know, maybe Cormack and Burrows will have an emergency meeting and realise it’s time to get real with some of the senior appointments at the club - and not just the manager.

12 minutes ago, englishred said:

The squad itself on paper at least is pretty decent. 

I think there are plenty of good players there, even if the squad isn’t perfect.
Managers have done a lot more with a lot less.

6 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Yup! Need someone that’s managed a club no smaller than Aberdeen and ideally bigger than Aberdeen. Someone that can handle the expectations and has a proven track record as you say. That would rule out the likes of Tony Doc, Robinson etc. someone that had a style of play. Ie one you can recognise. 

mowbray would be a very good candidate and probably Neil Lennon would be too! 

Lennon would not be a good candidate for a long term contract in my opinion but he's virtually the only good candidate for a temporary take us to the end of season candidate, in my opinion.

All speculation, but perhaps the line of thought (rightly or wrongly) is if we sack Robson now with no immediate replacement lined up, we are better off sticking with him for the final. If that’s the thinking and we pull off winning the league cup (against a team we’ve had good results in with Robson at the helm), then hopefully we would still bin him at FT regardless as a permanent manager should never be determined on a single game. 

1 minute ago, ahead on alphabet said:

Lennon would not be a good candidate for a long term contract in my opinion but he's virtually the only good candidate for a temporary take us to the end of season candidate, in my opinion.

Fair point, min! I don’t see why any manager should get a long term contract. A rolling 12 months is plenty, on big money for the right candidate. Hit the targets, you get another 12, fall dismally short and you get your jotters! The supply of managers is greater than the demand, albeit the ‘good’ managers won’t see it the way I’ve described 😂

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Firstly he didn't have to sack Robson as he wasn't the manager, he was simply filling in, he already had another job.

Secondly it's utter nonsense to suggest that he would have been vilified for not giving a completely inexperienced and under qualified man the job full time.

Also, when claiming silly things like this, it's important to note that Cormack clearly doesn't care what fans think about his appointments.

If the clowns who run Aberdeen, are not concerned of the league position, lack of wins , Europe disaster , etc and are still backing laughing hyena robson.  Then  Supporters should stay away from games , let them play at an empty stadium where no one would have to watch the utter disasters that have been the case this season. The chairman must be in the South Pole no one has  heard from him for months, or he’s been having a face lift. 

57 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Agree with most of this. The only thing I disagree with was around giving Robson the permanent gig. He was worth the roll of the dice after getting us 3rd imo, as if it didn’t work out we could always get rid and the next manager would have been under immediate pressure if we went on a bad run vs the previous results.

Results turned after he got the job but we were also down to the bare bones with the squad as seen by anyone at the Hibs game with the bench we had that day, so was enough for me to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I just hope we had a 1 year break clause in his contract rather paying out another management team, surely he would have still taken the job. 

The Glass appointment is still by far the most flawed. Someone with effectively zero experience to replace someone with the opposite, absolutely no chance he was the best option after the thorough “process” that was undertaken. Cormack should still be getting abuse today for that appointment.

2 minutes ago, Proud Dandy said:

Agree with most of this. The only thing I disagree with was around giving Robson the permanent gig. He was worth the roll of the dice after getting us 3rd imo, as if it didn’t work out we could always get rid and the next manager would have immediately been under pressure if we went on a bad run vs the previous results.

Results turned after he got the job but we were also down to the bare bones with the squad as seen by anyone at the Hibs game with the bench we had that day, so was enough for me to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I just hope we had a 1 year break clause in his contract rather paying out another management team, surely he would have still taken the job. 

The Glass appointment is still by far the most flawed. Someone with effectively zero experience to replace someone with the opposite, absolutely no chance he was the best option after the thorough “process” that was undertaken. Cormack should still be getting abuse today for that appointment.

It's very, very noteworthy just how badly the results turned the moment he was given the job permanently. Fucking nosedived.

14 minutes ago, starryfish said:

The FMB had no plan when Goodwin was punted, hence why Robson got the job. Ten months on I still expect them to have no plan.

Yip.

They’re fucking inept & not fit for purpose.

Imagine having those goons making decisions on behalf of a major club in Scotland.

No wonder we’re shite when they’re running the show.

Getting rid of Robson is a no brainer but it won’t resolve our issues. 

16 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Yip.

Imagine having those goons making decisions on behalf of a major club in Scotland.

On the nosey. 

Someone remind me of the names of the trio who comprise our FMB?

21 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Yip.

They read on here the majority begging for Barry to get the job. I'm sure Dave and his merry men come on here for a look

1 minute ago, Roberto said:

Na he wouldn't. He said he would in the past over something and remained so no point.

Mcinnes back is just a no 

To bring up something that was posted on here that turned out to be untrue.

Ffs, as a fellow hat  veteran I expected better,

Do you read the drivel spouted on here every fucking day ?

11 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Willie Garner. Hasn’t been in the game for 30+ years 
Stewart Milne - LOL 
Steven Gunn - For him, FMB means “Far’s My Biro”. 

Presumably Burrows will be added to it now. 

Garner came onto the board when Craig Brown stepped down. 

Laughable when you compare their CVs. Garner shouldn’t be anywhere near the team recruiting managers. 

Cormack really needs to get the footballing side right. He needs to make tough decisions to ensure he has the right people around him. That needs to be prioritised. 

That means replacing Gunn, Milne and Garner now. The question is are Cormack and Burrows capable of bringing in the right replacements? 

• Upvote 1