Next Manager

18 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

To bring up something that was posted on here that turned out to be untrue.

Ffs, as a fellow hat  veteran I expected better,

Do you read the drivel spouted on here every fucking day ?

Tbh there's so much posted on here I've forgotten more than I remember given the amount of shite spouted.

I recall a bet of some sort... an account being threatened to be deleted. You didn't delete account... bla bla bla.

I don't particularly care if you deleted your account or you didn't, I still wake up horny. I mean wait... what.

1 hour ago, Rico1903 said:

Garner came onto the board when Craig Brown stepped down. 

Laughable when you compare their CVs. Garner shouldn’t be anywhere near the team recruiting managers. 

Cormack really needs to get the footballing side right. He needs to make tough decisions to ensure he has the right people around him. That needs to be prioritised. 

That means replacing Gunn, Milne and Garner now. The question is are Cormack and Burrows capable of bringing in the right replacements? 

Garner’s managerial CV:

Keith. 
Craigroyston. 
Newtongrange Star. 
Harthill Royal. 
Glenrothes. 
Tayport. 
Ballingry Rovers 

The powerhouses of Scottish football. 
And the last of which was ten years ago.

Symptomatic of the club. 

Milne - a chairman who presided over a decade of mediocrity & accumulating debt. 

Gunn - No doubt a hard working individual, but in no way qualified for the role of DoF

No wonder we ended up with…..

Robson - Unqualified to be Dons boss & massively out his depth, incapable of taking us forward. A youngish coach who is a dinosaur in his approach.

Get them all to fuck, now. 

Apart from that, we’re tip top. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, Poodler said:

It’s no coincidence we turned to shit once the cash turnstiles were removed  

It all went wrong once we dropped our grooming standards and allowed McInnes to grow that beard. Willie Miller got a pass for his neatly groomed moustache because he's Willie Miller, but otherwise we'd only ever had clean shaven managers up until that point (note McInnes won his one and only trophy with us pre-beard), once the beard spiders took up residence in the manager's office it's been downhill ever since.

Something for the FMB to consider.. 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

It all went wrong once we dropped our grooming standards and allowed McInnes to grow that beard. Willie Miller got a pass for his neatly groomed moustache because he's Willie Miller, but otherwise we'd only ever had clean shaven managers up until that point (note McInnes won his one and only trophy with us pre-beard), once the beard spiders took up residence in the manager's office it's been downhill ever since.

Something for the FMB to consider.. 

Undoubtedly McInnes was a better manager when clean shaven. 

I did think that even a strong, groomed beard would be acceptable until Goodwin ruined that one. 

However, Robson is now making me doubt the clean shaven look. 

I’m all over the place with this. 

• Haha 3
27 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

The ABZ podcast guys, not unusually, nail it again in their latest episode. You could pick any Sunday league manager and he’d get the current Aberdeen players performing far better than the current manager has. That’s how bad the current manager is

From my experience of playing that’s absolute garbage. 

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

The ABZ podcast guys, not unusually, nail it again in their latest episode. You could pick any Sunday league manager and he’d get the current Aberdeen players performing far better than the current manager has. That’s how bad the current manager is

That's a stretch 😂. A competent manager would have this squad 4th at worst currently. We've just got a ham fisted oaf running things. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Ok that's a bit of an exaggeration but it's probably fair to say that stick anyone in the dugout as interim manager today and we get a better response from the players. Look at the initial response when Goodwin was binned, and it was only fucking Robson that was in the dugout.

26 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

Ok that's a bit of an exaggeration but it's probably fair to say that stick anyone in the dugout as interim manager today and we get a better response from the players. Look at the initial response when Goodwin was binned, and it was only fucking Robson that was in the dugout.

We just look like a disorganised rabble with no idea what they’re trying to do to win the game.

Defensively shipping an average of two goals per game.

Attacking-wise chancing on luck & percentages. 

That is on the coaching staff. 100%

7 hours ago, Rico1903 said:

Garner came onto the board when Craig Brown stepped down. 

Laughable when you compare their CVs. Garner shouldn’t be anywhere near the team recruiting managers. 

Cormack really needs to get the footballing side right. He needs to make tough decisions to ensure he has the right people around him. That needs to be prioritised. 

That means replacing Gunn, Milne and Garner now. The question is are Cormack and Burrows capable of bringing in the right replacements? 

Absolutely this.

Willie Garner is a fucking dinosaur. If you want to have a legend on the board (mainly for ceremonial reasons) give it to God. Milne should be nowhere near it either. He got one right and then sucked his boaby for way too long. What the fuck has Gunn actually done - I'd love that question asked at the AGM. Sack the FMB... 

20 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

Watching on the hearts tv. Listening to their commentary (no idea who the fuck they are) team talking in disbelief about the quality we have right through the squad and they don't understand how on earth we can be playing so badly. 

I’ve actually listened to them before for a game we played at their place. 

Laurie someone & usually Robert Borthwick.

They’re pretty balanced & fair. 

Neil said 2 or 3 years back he had no intention of returning to manage in Scotland in the near future. Had Celtic offered him their job, you can be sure he would have been back up the road in an instant  but I really think he's been guilty of believing his own hype.

As others have said, he's on a downward trend and unlikely to get another job in the Championship anytime soon. Might well have to review his reluctance to take a job in Scotland. But if/when our job becomes vacant, I hope we look elsewhere.