Next Manager

39 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68532385.amp

surely worth a punt, just sacked for head butting opposition player.

In all seriousness a manger that would otherwise be out of our league, but is toxic for some reason, would be one of the few ways, other than spending millions, that we could get such a manager.

assuming that toxicity isn’t something like he raped someone then I’d be down for it 

• Upvote 1

Can't see it being Robinson for a couple of reasons. First reason is he is really hot headed. Personally I like him - thought he was good at Motherwell and even better at StMirren. And I dont mind a bit of passion. But according to everybody who knows everything about Dave Cormack on this site I can't see that relationship being one fits the anti Cormack view of Cormack. Secondly, his name is awful close to Robson and that would confuse a lot of people on here and the likes of Tom English and Michael Stewart.

19 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Come on to fk now. You cannot seriously think we still have any chance of finishing 5th or winning SC?

Deadly serious, 5th no chance, 2 games away from winning the cup, could happen in this quite frankly, abortion of a season, wouldn’t surprise me, its football, if St Johnstone can win a cup with shite, so can we.

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Should have went for the 'higher' level manager last year when we had Europe as the selling point.....how we attracting anyone other than the Lennon, Lambert, Ross dross now?

Unless Cormack is going to spend big on players in the summer.....can't see it myself.

Yep, build from a position of strength. Far too sensible an idea. 

10 minutes ago, madjockmcferson said:

In all seriousness a manger that would otherwise be out of our league, but is toxic for some reason, would be one of the few ways, other than spending millions, that we could get such a manager.

assuming that toxicity isn’t something like he raped someone then I’d be down for it 

I believe it's already on the selection criteria

24 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Considered…. & very quickly dismissed 

mm I think you'd have to look at managers that have taken St Mirren Dundee Kilmarnock into top 6.Sure you can look at foreign leagues too but I have no idea who is a realistic candidate there...

6 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Can't see it being Robinson for a couple of reasons. First reason is he is really hot headed. Personally I like him - thought he was good at Motherwell and even better at StMirren. And I dont mind a bit of passion. But according to everybody who knows everything about Dave Cormack on this site I can't see that relationship being one fits the anti Cormack view of Cormack. Secondly, his name is awful close to Robson and that would confuse a lot of people on here and the likes of Tom English and Michael Stewart.

Thirdly. And most importantly. We should be setting our sights a lot higher.

We all know the shit show we have at the moment but we have enough stuff in the bank to put a positive spin on things to a potential manager:

- can pay a good wage

- we pay decent transfer fees

- we can hold onto our top players for a while

- Good performances at a high level in Europe

- Big attendances

- Record income

- normally finish 4th or better

- cup finals

Etc etc. Someone good at their job could easy spin that sort of shit

25 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Thirdly. And most importantly. We should be setting our sights a lot higher.

We all know the shit show we have at the moment but we have enough stuff in the bank to put a positive spin on things to a potential manager:

- can pay a good wage

- we pay decent transfer fees

- we can hold onto our top players for a while

- Good performances at a high level in Europe

- Big attendances

- Record income

- normally finish 4th or better

- cup finals

Etc etc. Someone good at their job could easy spin that sort of shit

Ah, I see a flaw with your plan.

2 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Looks at his last tweet about 30mins ago, he's definitely been told O'Neil, but I think he's one of a number under consideration going by DMs today, but they are all a bit Meh. 

O’Neil is on a massive salary with Northern Ireland and has 4 years left on his contract. Why would he come to us at this stage in his career? Would also involve a big fee to get him out of his contract.

Just now, G man said:

O’Neil is on a massive salary with Northern Ireland and has 4 years left on his contract. Why would he come to us at this stage in his career? Would also involve a big fee to get him out of his contract.

Dunno, I don't want him,  but all points to O'Neil but he's one of a few.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, G man said:

Might have a release clause that is on his terms so he can jump ship when he wants to.

I guess it should be no surprise that our shambles of a club is being linked with this calibre of managerial candidate:-

Michael O'Neill - suspected alcoholic, twice convicted for drink driving

Darren Ferguson - convicted wife beater

Duncan Ferguson - numerous convictions for assault, GBH etc, including a jail sentence

Neil Lennon - suspected alcoholic, routinely spotted/videoed pished in public and fighting with the public

It's fucking grim and whilst we may not end up with any of the above, I have little faith in Cormack getting it right. Or he might miraculously appoint the right person but drive him out as a result of his interference with regard to recruitment. I'll never forget Cormack saying Ronald Hernandez was "a signing for the fans". A total fucking insult to our intelligence.

He may be a successful businessman but he hasn't half made an absolute cunt of running our club. 

• Upvote 1

So Warnock walked because he'd had enough. Does he have the same personality disorder as diamond Dave? 

Makes sense to spend a bit of time interviewing people and thinking about the best options. The caretaker manager option worked last time, for a bit at least.

6 minutes ago, Arild said:

I guess it should be no surprise that our shambles of a club is being linked with this calibre of managerial candidate:-

Michael O'Neill - suspected alcoholic, twice convicted for drink driving

Darren Ferguson - convicted wife beater

Duncan Ferguson - numerous convictions for assault, GBH etc, including a jail sentence

Neil Lennon - suspected alcoholic, routinely spotted/videoed pished in public and fighting with the public

It's fucking grim and whilst we may not end up with any of the above, I have little faith in Cormack getting it right. Or he might miraculously appoint the right person but drive him out as a result of his interference with regard to recruitment. I'll never forget Cormack saying Ronald Hernandez was "a signing for the fans". A total fucking insult to our intelligence.

He may be a successful businessman but he hasn't half made an absolute cunt of running our club. 

I really hope that Jack Ross has some skeletons in his cupboard.

• Haha 1