Next Manager

18 minutes ago, Turra red said:

Have I missed something as people seem to know who is getting interviewed? Is this just more guess work or have names been leaked? 

I'd like Alex neil as feel he has a reasonable age to experience ratio but sure it was said previously by some of the "itk" folk that he wasn't interested in returning to Scotland but now he is being interviewed? 

It's literally all guess work, I'd be willing to put a tenner on the next manager not being anybody mentioned in this thread so far.

If we end up with Alex Neil then we're done for.

1 hour ago, slippers said:

Yeah Absolutley. But I don’t want the doom and gloom appointment that may eventually work out. I want the appointment to get as much fans onside as possible straight away. My fear is when they are interviewing people like lambert what happens if he is very good at interviews? Is the interview taken above his credentials? I also don’t understand how some are getting a interview as they don’t fit into the dynamic we want to go in unless the review has changed that. I can live with Neil and O’Neil being spoke to but people like lambert shouldn’t be getting near a interview.  We have also been told that the review has helped us select candidates. Are we to believe this German lad has suggested these names? 

Any idea who is on the interview panel?

Does Bernhard's involvement stop now the report has been delivered, or is he (or his representatives) actively involved in choosing a technical director and head coach that fit the structure they suggested?

1 minute ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Does Bernhard's involvement stop now the report has been delivered, or is he (or his representatives) actively involved in choosing a technical director and head coach that fit the structure they suggested?

It’s the FMB who will ignore the “review “

3 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

The statement from the club indicated they would be involved with both of these appointments. 

Of course going by the opinions of 90% of the people in this forum it's all lies and he probably never even existed.

Just now, The Gee Man said:

That it’s not adventurous Football and more bland. Wins some matches but uninspiring 

So what your saying is because Clarke picked 4 keepers for friendlies to see who’s best for the upcoming tournament he qualified for, to see what ones he’s going to pick for the final squad, that’s in some way proof of what?… crap manager?, not good enough for Aberdeen?.

ahhhhhhahahahahah, 

delete your account.

• Haha 6
  • Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

It's literally all guess work, I'd be willing to put a tenner on the next manager not being anybody mentioned in this thread so far.

It’s not guess work at all. I suspect/hope they are back ups if our main options turn us down. 

3 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

So what your saying is because Clarke picked 4 keepers for friendlies to see who’s best for the upcoming tournament he qualified for, to see what ones he’s going to pick for the final squad, that’s in some way proof of what?… crap manager?, not good enough for Aberdeen?.

ahhhhhhahahahahah, 

delete your account.

Get a grip you loon

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, slippers said:

It’s not guess work at all. I suspect/hope they are back ups if our main options turn us down. 

We have the rest of this season and the first couple of weeks after the end of the season to appoint someone and still give us a good amount of time to operate in the summer transfer window.

If we end up with Neil Lennon, Alex Neil or Mark Fucking Fotheringham then we can just go right ahead and accept that the heights of our boards ambitions for the foreseeable future will be "top 6 football and a semi-final".

26 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

He's only 42 and been managing in England for nearly 9 years. at both Premiership and Championship level winning 2 playoff finals at Wembley in that time.

I'd have him in a minute, its better stats than McInnes before he was appointed as our manager.

Anyone expecting a much bigger name than Alex Neil needs to take a look at reality.  

• Upvote 4

Without everyone reverting back to Derek Mcinnes, should he have stayed or gone. (Personally I was delighted to see the back of him) 

He’s annoyingly still the bench mark for our next coach. 

There was next to no fanfare when he arrived and hardly that exciting. So let’s all not get our thongs, jock straps and French knickers in a twist regardless who it is. 

6 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

We have the rest of this season and the first couple of weeks after the end of the season to appoint someone and still give us a good amount of time to operate in the summer transfer window.

If we end up with Neil Lennon, Alex Neil or Mark Fucking Fotheringham then we can just go right ahead and accept that the heights of our boards ambitions for the foreseeable future will be "top 6 football and a semi-final".

Agree if that’s the level the review has unearthed I’d be asking for a rebate. Will be great for the manager to review the squad if taken in soon. 

what I would say is that I do struggle to decide what is realistic. Like 1 of the better managers in Scandinavia for example would surely be achievable if we were paying anything like we did for mcinnes? 

1 minute ago, slippers said:

Agree if that’s the level the review has unearthed I’d be asking for a rebate. Will be great for the manager to review the squad if taken in soon. 

what I would say is that I do struggle to decide what is realistic. Like 1 of the better managers in Scandinavia for example would surely be achievable if we were paying anything like we did for mcinnes? 

I'm not sure that I understand this philosophy that a Scandinavian manager somehow has better credentials than Alex Neil. Neil to be fair has a pretty decent CV and also cut his teeth in Scotland.

We can do a lot lot worse than Alex Neil to be honest.

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I'm not sure that I understand this philosophy that a Scandinavian manager somehow has better credentials than Alex Neil. Neil to be fair has a pretty decent CV and also cut his teeth in Scotland.

- Leagues of a similar size and stature

- (Generally) better brands of football

- Consistent European participation on budgets that are not wildly dissimilar

We talk about Scandinavian managers because on the whole they tend to have experience at the level we are trying to attain. 

There are more managers in world football than alex neil

8 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

For me most Scandinavian coaches will be used to the structure we apparently have in place. 

Quite a lot of them have good track records in bringing through youth players as well and a lot are often punching above their weight with a modest budget.

41 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

That it’s not adventurous Football and more bland. Wins some matches but uninspiring 

Uninspiring. You must've missed our last qualification campaign, where we were incredibly inspiring, including battering Spain at Hampden in which the 2-0 score line flattered them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

If AN has indeed applied would more than welcome his appointment. 

Did very well initially at Norwich but EPL is always too much of a step up for clubs like Norwich. 

Again started well at Preston and was the one that eventually got Sunderland promoted again before mysteriously jumping to Stoke, where MoN also failed.

It also must be noted that Neil also did very well on a non existent budget at Hamilton. 

If he's interested and shows up well at the interview(s) would be a no brainer appointment IMO.

• Upvote 3
20 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I think we are trying to be set up around the lines of  FC Midtjylland / FC Nordsjaelland, I think that's Cormack's vision for the club. 

So having people that are used to that set up will help. 

But knowing us we end of with Lambert as Technical director and Lennon as First Team manager 🤣 

I would have Alex Neil as Manager though

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2