Next Manager

39 minutes ago, minijc said:

I'd much rather take a punt on someone like Niels Frederiksen if he was interested as he has a track record of developing youth players, although things tend to turn after 18months.

That's a decent shout. Was having a look the other day, stefan billborn seems another left field shout, been middling with sarpaborg the past season or two, slightly lower budget than he would get here, had a good record at hammerby previously.

If fans can spend 10 minutes looking and finding guys like this, you'd like to think that people actually employed to do this as a job could do a hell of a lot better?

24 minutes ago, G man said:

Unless Cormack changes (which l doubt he will) we are likely to be in this situation on a regular basis. No decent manager will come to us if the players recruited and the formation the team adopts is decided/ dictated by a bunch of members of staff who have little knowledge of the game .

I think that's right.Unless of course Cormack gets in a competent technical director and takes a back seat like a normal chairman.6 managers in just over 3 years tells its own story.

1 minute ago, pittodriepie83 said:

I suppose the issue with these “usual suspects” is that for whatever reason, other “better” targets may have turned us down for an interview.

Derek Rae suggesting that Bernhard Peters will have identified and opened doors to suitable managers from Germany/Austria that would work well in the SPFL. Some of which are apparently working in 2.Bundesliga so certainly not out of our reach.

6 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

Derek Rae suggesting that Bernhard Peters will have identified and opened doors to suitable managers from Germany/Austria that would work well in the SPFL. Some of which are apparently working in 2.Bundesliga so certainly not out of our reach.

Greuther Fürth manager for me please, spend that money.

Although he favours a 5-3-2 and I'll be honest, I now fully despise any variation of a 3/5 at the back.

9 minutes ago, minijc said:

Greuther Fürth manager for me please, spend that money.

Although he favours a 5-3-2 and I'll be honest, I now fully despise any variation of a 3/5 at the back.

Alexander Zorniger.

Had a rotten defence the last few weeks but prior to that looked solid and seem to score plenty of goals even in a 5-3-2 which would imply a high press. I'm going to have a look at this lot tonight, see what footage I can find since I'm ill and can't do fuck all else.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

Currently Most recently at 19th place Stoke and performing worse than he ever had as a manager averaging 1.2 PPM.

If we can't expect better than that then we might as well shut the doors now.

Fucking hell you lot are grim, pining for Alex Neil....

Mcinnes was 1.03PPM at Bristol City. Stop sniffing glue and thinking we are bigger than what we are. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, RDS said:

Thought story was  Danny Cowley who accepted job offer whilst being interviewed before we got Glass in April 2021, not Neil who was sacked by Preston in late March 2021 and didn't go to Sunderland until February 2022

Yep that's what I read on here

10 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

Alexander Zorniger.

Had a rotten defence the last few weeks but prior to that looked solid and seem to score plenty of goals even in a 5-3-2 which would imply a high press. I'm going to have a look at this lot tonight, see what footage I can find since I'm ill and can't do fuck all else.

:spunk:

• Confused 1
21 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

Christian Titz worked at Hamburg as U17, Reserve and First Team manager between 2015-2018. That would be the timeframe Peters was there. Currently FC Magdeburg Manager. Headlines could write themselves with his surname if he was unsuccessful! 😅

1 minute ago, MightyDons said:

Christian Titz worked at Hamburg as U17, Reserve and First Team manager between 2015-2018. That would be the timeframe Peters was there. Currently FC Magdeburg Manager. Headlines could write themselves with his surname if he was unsuccessful! 😅

Titz out at Pittodrie 

3 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Interesting the shouts for Clarke but Scotland squad for next few games just announced! 4 Goalkeepers and only 3 Strikers 

Who else could have been selected as a striker? To show how poor Scottish football is only 7 Scottish based players are in the squad and 3 of them are goalkeepers.

11 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Mcinnes was 1.03PPM at Bristol City. Stop sniffing glue and thinking we are bigger than what we are. 

Aye right enough, let's settle for mid-table mediocrity now and never set our sights any higher.

We're spending far more money per season now than we were under McInnes so I don't think it's "glue sniffing" to suggest that a team regularly spending ~£1m a season should be aiming higher than McInnes could manage in a league that didn't have Hibs, Hearts or Rangers for large chunks of his tenure...

Just now, 20two20 said:

Aye right enough, let's settle for mid-table mediocrity now and never set our sights any higher.

We're spending far more money per season now than we were under McInnes so I don't think it's "glue sniffing" to suggest that a team regularly spending ~£1m a season should be aiming higher than McInnes could manage in a league that didn't have Hibs, Hearts or Rangers for large chunks of his tenure...

Aye things cost more now, cost of living crisis and all that, but agree I'd be disappointed if we appointed one of the usual suspects 

59 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

Currently Most recently at 19th place Stoke and performing worse than he ever had as a manager averaging 1.2 PPM.

Still better than a reserve team coach from the USA. Miles better than a man who has managed at Alloa and St Mirren and miles better than a coach come interim manager come full time manager.

We are already looking at a manager with a record 1000 times better than the best that Cormack has come up with to date. 

He wouldn't be my number one choice but his CV is miles ahead of previous managers - that's a start.

15 minutes ago, MightyDons said:

There was also Herr Bapz, who is in charge of the Women's u23 team but is looking to move into the professional men's game.

So now we have Peter Leven saying on RedTV that he knew fuck all about Warnock leaving, until the rest of us knew , ie - 2.30pm on Saturday. Which backs up what the FMB said.

And yet Shinnie said he knew before the game, as did the players. And Angus MacDonald, also on  RedTV, backs him up, knew an hour before kick off..

Strange goings on.

20 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Because we know our place

Depressing but obviously true, min. 

There just never, or rarely, seems to be any kind of informed creativity when it comes to managers. 

I mean, sure, Glass was some waaay out of left field appointment, but anyone looking at his quarter page long CV had massive concerns that this was not an educated appointment, but rather some weird jobs for the boys hire that had huge scope for failure and very little chance of success. 

Is it THAT difficult to trawl the lower leagues for managers who have found routine success and are probably ready for the step up, having accomplished something but aren't going to be offered the Man City job any time soon? 

United did that with Micky Melon, unfortunately they were broke and Covid hit, so he was left fighting in the SPFL with no way to improve his squad... but in an ordinary couple of seasons, where he could bring in his own players, I think he'd have thrived. 

We go for cunts like Goodwin because they're flavour of the month, having in reality accomplished sweet fuck all in their career, then we... well, the club... scratches their heids and wonders why some guy who has done nothing in their managerial career does nothing in their time as Aberdeen manager. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Robin Askwith said:

He's only 42 and been managing in England for nearly 9 years. at both Premiership and Championship level winning 2 playoff finals at Wembley in that time.

I'd have him in a minute, its better stats than McInnes before he was appointed as our manager.

Anyone expecting a much bigger name than Alex Neil needs to take a look at reality.  

Winning 2 play off finals.   Not  with the present Dons line up he wouldn’t.   If Alex Neil came here he would have to insist he chose whom he wanted to buy and not the impersonators who we have at the club who think they know what their doing when signing players for Aberdeen FC.   If he didn’t get full control he should tell them to piss off. 

4 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Winning 2 play off finals.   Not  with the present Dons line up he wouldn’t.   If Alex Neil came here he would have to insist he chose whom he wanted to buy and not the impersonators who we have at the club who think they know what their doing when signing players for Aberdeen FC.   If he didn’t get full control he should tell them to piss off. 

If so, then what would the technical Director’s remit be? 

1 hour ago, 20two20 said:

Think some need to take a reality check.

Whether it Neil or whoever,do you think we're going to get someone who has never lost a game or been sacked....NO.

So out of all them mentioned on here, Neil stands out in my book as being the best of them......Beggars cant be choosers I'm afraid and that is what we're now.

26 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Still better than a reserve team coach from the USA. Miles better than a man who has managed at Alloa and St Mirren and miles better than a coach come interim manager come full time manager.

We are already looking at a manager with a record 1000 times better than the best that Cormack has come up with to date. 

He wouldn't be my number one choice but his CV is miles ahead of previous managers - that's a start.

1000 times better? He did reasonably well with Hamilton... 1 good half season with Norwich and 1 good half season with Sunderland (took over with Sunderland in 4th place and ended the season in 5th although won the play off). Other than that his managerial career has been nothing special.

He may have a better CV than Glass, Goodwin or Robson but thats not a reason to consider him for the job. Jack Ross, Michael O'Neill and Neil Lennon have better CV's than our last 3 managers.. doesn't mean any of them should be our next manager.

• Upvote 1