Next Manager

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Having witnessed tonight, in what rational, sane world do we win at Motherwell?

The words free fall come to mind. 

We’re going to have to somehow squeeze out enough home points in the remaining 5 home games to stay above Ross as we will lose every remaining away game

1 minute ago, Don Shula said:

We’re going to have to somehow squeeze out enough home points in the remaining 5 home games to stay above Ross as we will lose every remaining away game

Haven’t won a league home match since the 20th of December, if we manage to get five points from those five games I’d be surprised 

Don’t think we are in the position to be too picky over the perfect manager. The time for doing that was when McInnes was sacked, but we all know what happened there. We have been set back about 5 years by Cormack. And now self respecting manager wouldn’t come near us with a 10 ft pole.

We will get one of the (O’)Neils imo 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Haven’t won a league home match since the 20th of December, if we manage to get five points from those five games I’d be surprised 

You never know, that might be enough as Ross then need 9 points to finish above us, I think that’s the only way we finish 10th - by default

24 minutes ago, Don Shula said:

You never know, that might be enough as Ross then need 9 points to finish above us, I think that’s the only way we finish 10th - by default

I agree, A 10th place finish at this moment in time is down to Ross County fucking up and not Aberdeen getting their act together

2 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

There's no way we are beating Motherwell. They are on a high after winning at Ibrox

Regardless if they’re on a high or not, we are so desperately bad right now, we’re not winning no matter the mindset of the opposition.

2-0 Motherwell

Ross County at least look like they’re fighting & scrapping away. 

Which manager that isn’t Neil Lennon is gonna fancy taking this job when we’re in a relegation scrap? Nobody worth their salt anyway. The perfect time to appoint a manager with a good pedigree was last summer. Now we’ve been in such a big free fall we’ve backed ourselves into a corner with who we’re able to appoint.

1 hour ago, ThomohawkKid said:

We don’t really have any more games to fuck about. Each loss is one step closer to play offs 

This team hasn't got it in them to pull this around.

We have to hope we get lucky with ref/VAR decisions and with Ross County being awful to have any hope of surviving this season.

The people yesterday on here trying to convince me we were 2 signings away from being better than hearts are absolute clowns for having faith in this AFC team.

10 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Which manager that isn’t Neil Lennon is gonna fancy taking this job when we’re in a relegation scrap? Nobody worth their salt anyway. The perfect time to appoint a manager with a good pedigree was last summer. Now we’ve been in such a big free fall we’ve backed ourselves into a corner with who we’re able to appoint.

Exactly this.

Lennon is desperate. 
The club are desperate.

The Board have made a rip roaring cunt of this, & running the club in general, for years.

They’ve dragged us to the level that we’ll quite possibly be in a relegation play off. 

Hate them all. 

You can call Lennon a lot of things but the one thing I doubt he is would be "desperate".

Yes he's been out of work for close on 18 months now but he's earned enough as a player and a manager that he never needs to work ever again. He could just sit back and enjoy the fruits of his many years' labour. 

The club are however, starting to look just a tad desperate I agree. And rightly so. If anyone was in any doubt beforehand, we are now in a relegation fight and as every week passes, it looks worse and worse for us as the lack of wins (and most of these are defeats) mount up.

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Exactly this.

Lennon is desperate. 
The club are desperate.

The Board have made a rip roaring cunt of this, & running the club in general, for years.

They’ve dragged us to the level that we’ll quite possibly be in a relegation play off. 

Hate them all. 

The longer this league form continues, the more likely it feels he’ll get the job. Like you say, he’s desperate. He’ll manage to convince the board he’s some kind of fighter who’s perfect to get us out this mess.

It’s really quite amazing that lots of people, fans and media, have been pulling apart Cormack’s running of the club for years, but all he’s done is doubled down and convinced himself that it’s everyone else who’s wrong. 

He must’ve been wanking himself at the thought of Glass turning out to be a master stroke, instead it was the beginning of a pretty spectacular downwards spiral.

Just now, pittodriepie83 said:

The longer this league form continues, the more likely it feels he’ll get the job. Like you say, he’s desperate. He’ll manage to convince the board he’s some kind of fighter who’s perfect to get us out this mess.

It’s really quite amazing that lots of people, fans and media, have been pulling apart Cormack’s running of the club for years, but all he’s done is doubled down and convinced himself that it’s everyone else who’s wrong. 

He must’ve been wanking himself at the thought of Glass turning out to be a master stroke, instead it was the beginning of a pretty spectacular downwards spiral.

Yes but calling the fans bluff and forcing us to have to accept Lennon?

That would be a new low.  And I saw us sign Ritchie Byrne.