Next Manager

6 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Yes but calling the fans bluff and forcing us to have to accept Lennon?

That would be a new low.  And I saw us sign Ritchie Byrne.

Not sure who else (that we’re rumoured to be interviewing) would take it when we’re fighting relegation. O’Neill and Neil would tell us to fuck off, I doubt Paul Lambert would fancy it. I think Neil Lennon would. No idea who the rumoured “outwith the UK” candidates are. 

12 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

His desperation would be ego driven rather than financial. He also needs something to keep him out the pub.

Managing us right now would turn you to the drink. I know supporting us does 

Edit. Already covered by broken_glass 😂

This will be hard sell to any decent manager. Even to outsiders, clubs a shambles so who would risk their reputation, where it could end in relegation?

Money talks however, Cormack needs to pay the what ever it takes to avoid going down. A manager & assistant team will be a lot less than the cost of a year in the championship. 

9 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

Not mostly - ALL of it is on him. He started this shite off with his Glass appointment. An absolutely farcical decision that set us back years. 

No it’s all on the idiots who joined in singing Derek Derek Get ta f . They caused this -they should resign as aberdeen fans or learn to shut the f up . 

• Dildo 6
3 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

No it’s all on the idiots who joined in singing Derek Derek Get ta f . They caused this -they should resign as aberdeen fans or learn to shut the f up . 

Pretty sure cormack had his own ideas and was replacing mcinnes regardless of a few fans singing derek oot 🤣🤣🤣 

Ps wasn't mcinnes sacked during covid with pretty much no crowds? Those 3 fans that were allowed singing Derek get to fk 😆 

2 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

What a year before he got sacked you mean?

26 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

We are completely fucked because we held onto this coaching staff.  Proper tribute to the previous 'management' last night.  Plain to see they are way out of there depth.

We need to get rid of all the staff in coaching too. I’m not happy about keeping Samson and other with new guy. Need a proper fresh start. 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

I've had enough of today already 

• Haha 3

Where the fuck do we go form here. To think I thought we were a couple players short of a good team. Absolutle shitebags the lot of them. Dave needs to open the chequebook and make sure we get the best Candidate possible whatever the cost. 

10 minutes ago, minijc said:

Derek wanted to stay forever and he loved the club so much that he applied for other jobs all the time.

I applied for several jobs whilst employed elsewhere. Hardly an indicator of failure or lack of commitment. We all want more, better conditions, bigger challenge etc.

I'd be more concerned with a manager who was content to sit on their backside and accept what they have without wanting to better themselves.

2 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I applied for several jobs whilst employed elsewhere. Hardly an indicator of failure or lack of commitment. We all want more, better conditions, bigger challenge etc.

I'd be more concerned with a manager who was content to sit on their backside and accept what they have without wanting to better themselves.

There are ways and means of doing it, he also pocketed a lot from new contracts here most of the times he done that as well.

Just now, minijc said:

There are ways and means of doing it, he also pocketed a lot from new contracts here most of the times he done that as well.

Again to play devil's advocate - Fergie was a genius at that and had a clause in his contract that stated no player could earn more than the manager.

Anytime anyone came in on a ridiculous wage Fergie got a rise to be above them. His view was that players couldn't earn more than the manager as it gave them the power. 

9 minutes ago, slippers said:

Where the fuck do we go form here. To think I thought we were a couple players short of a good team. Absolutle shitebags the lot of them. Dave needs to open the chequebook and make sure we get the best Candidate possible whatever the cost. 

Nobody is signing up while it's looking likely we'll end up in the championship, if we get someone before then it'll be someone like Lennon but I doubt anybody wants him long term. Would he bother coming for a 9 game run where he'll get the blame for relegating?

28 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

It really is funny now that hundreds if not thousands sang that at a manager when we were very comfortably 4th and just behind 3rd. 

Anyone coming in now, no matter who, surely won't take the rap for us going down if it happens. The damage is already done and it's not as if the new man can turn to the transfer market to try to change things. He's only got the option of signing free agents who certainly won't be match fit and might not even have the basic level of physical fitness to be able to make a worthwhile contribution for a few weeks.

If we go down, it's all on Robson for his signings leaving us with a badly unbalanced squad.....alongside Colgate for delaying punting him for at least 2 (I'd actually say 3 myself) months longer than it actually should have happened

• Upvote 2

Are they robsons signings though?

I agree cormack pulling the plug last minute was crazy but the club have a process in place to scout players, the analysis system is clearly flawed or none of the players brought in have ever had to dig in and fight as last night was as bad as I have witnessed this season for effort and ability. Everyone has been saying the games are must wins for a couple of months now and we are now 11 without a win in the league. I think we are down and the players couldn’t give a toss as they will all be moving on anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Anyone coming in now, no matter who, surely won't take the rap for us going down if it happens. The damage is already done and it's not as if the new man can turn to the transfer market to try to change things. He's only got the option of signing free agents who certainly won't be match fit and might not even have the basic level of physical fitness to be able to make a worthwhile contribution for a few weeks.

If we go down, it's all on Robson for his signings leaving us with a badly unbalanced squad.....alongside Colgate for delaying punting him for at least 2 (I'd actually say 3 myself) months longer than it actually should have happened

What input did Robson have during the recruitment process - can you advise and also how you know this.

Scouting is required not data driven pish. 

1 minute ago, Broken_Glass said:

What input did Robson have during the recruitment process - can you advise and also how you know this.

Scouting is required not data driven pish. 

Two players have done interviews saying Robson phoned them personally guaranteeing them game time.