Next Manager

7 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Kelt min, it was the mighty Sutton they were playing .. plus they were knocked out of a cup by a non league side the other week.

He's not good enough for Aberdeen.

A struggling team in the same league. 

When did we last rape a struggling team like that?

He's won multiple promotions and trophies with a number of teams... the guy knows football and needs to step up. 

The SPFL isn't some brilliant league full of amazing tactics... it's a 4th rate shithole where guys like Glass, Robson, and Goodwin, guys who've done nothing, can get a gig. 

He has stockport 6 points clear at the top, and looking at yet another promotion. 

He's more than good enough for Aberdeen, imo. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

He's won multiple promotions and trophies with a number of teams... the guy knows football and needs to step up. 

The SPFL isn't some brilliant league full of amazing tactics... it's a 4th rate shithole where guys like Glass, Robson, and Goodwin, guys who've done nothing, can get a gig. 

He has stockport 6 points clear at the top, and looking at yet another promotion. 

Here we go again😂😂

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Agreed, that's the kind of record we should be looking at, not Atlanta B team, mid-table with St. Mirren or AFC Youth. Unbelievable how Milne paid McInnes five figures PER WEEK and Cormack has let us spunk £500k on Gueye, yet we scrape the bottom of the barrel for managers.

1 minute ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Agreed, that's the kind of record we should be looking at, not Atlanta B team, mid-table with St. Mirren or AFC Youth. Unbelievable how Milne paid McInnes five figures PER WEEK and Cormack has let us spunk £500k on Gueye, yet we scrape the bottom of the barrel for managers.

Two 'managers' with no experience, and one who has a career record of nothing of note. 

How does that seem like a good idea to Cormack?

If our next manager is a non-entity like our last three it's no longer incompetence, it's deliberate. 

5 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Europe's done. The cup has gone. 

Can we get rid of Robson and get a proper manager in now?

Would be a good signal of intent but Cormack and his minions are too weak and cuddly to make the decision. We’ll blunder our way to a safe bottom 6 position with games in hand and a cup exit v Clyde. Then we’ll  see out the season with an interim appointment and a summer rebuild V4 to look forward to. 

5 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Would be a good signal of intent but Cormack and his minions are too weak and cuddly to make the decision. We’ll blunder our way to a safe bottom 6 position with games in hand and a cup exit v Clyde. Then we’ll  see out the season with an interim appointment and a summer rebuild V4 to look forward to. 

I don't think that will happen this time, I get the feeling if Barry does eventually go it will be Hayes and Shinnie for a couple of weeks then a new man in, problem is though they are well down the road with player for Jan window and potential pre contracts for summer. So it's bee a wasted 6months...again 

32 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

I don't think that will happen this time, I get the feeling if Barry does eventually go it will be Hayes and Shinnie for a couple of weeks then a new man in, problem is though they are well down the road with player for Jan window and potential pre contracts for summer. So it's bee a wasted 6months...again 

Agreed. And of course, some will say Robson should get the January transfer window at least... but if he fucks that one up as well, not only will this season be a write-off, he'll likely have blown millions from a Euro run which won't be consolidated with European football for next season.

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Agreed. And of course, some will say Robson should get the January transfer window at least... but if he fucks that one up as well, not only will this season be a write-off, he'll likely have blown millions from a Euro run which won't be consolidated with European football for next season.

We have had weak fukin managers since Sir Alex. Just heard that ginger cunt saying on sky sports you've got to remember rangers are a good team they just beat real betis ..fuk right off

Fukin hell show these bastards no respect .We need a Ferguson type manager who will pile the pressure on referees before games by saying they need to be strong at ibrox and parkhead  and any other game for that matter The scouse fukin knob once said rangers have had referees against them for years after his first game at pittodrie  the Bruce Anderson last minute equalizer and he fukin got off with it.See if Barry  had said that he'd be fined banned and all fukin thing There's no fukin point lads. We're funding failure. The most corrupt football organization in the world.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Beechender said:

We have had weak fukin managers since Sir Alex. Just heard that ginger cunt saying on sky sports you've got to remember rangers are a good team they just beat real betis ..fuk right off

Fukin hell show these bastards no respect .We need a Ferguson type manager who will pile the pressure on referees before games by saying they need to be strong at ibrox and parkhead  and any other game for that matter The scouse fukin knob once said rangers have had referees against them for years after his first game at pittodrie  the Bruce Anderson last minute equalizer and he fukin got off with it.See if Barry  had said that he'd be fined banned and all fukin thing There's no fukin point lads. We're funding failure. The most corrupt football organization in the world.

You could argue with hindsight that we could have had a good pick of managers in 1986 when Fergie left; the league was a genuine aspiration, we regularly won cups and were still a force in Europe. That said, Porterfield was a promising young manager and it wasn't a terrible appointment on paper. Hindsight is of course 20-20... You could also argue Jocky Scott and Alex Smith were a fine double act and we played some of the best football in our history in Miller's first two full seasons. Hell, even Aitken started brightly, with a trophy and 3rd place finish! So, for me the rot really set in with Alex Miller, a terrible appointment from the start. 

The past is irrelevant when you hold Cormack's decisions up to scrutiny, however. He was right to pull the plug on the stagnant McInnes era, as he had hung on at least 18 months too long, but he has got it wrong THREE TIMES now in quick succession. The longer he persists with this experiment, the harder it will be to correct course and we will lose ground, possibly for a very long time. He has to act, but it looks like he won't, until it's too late.

18 minutes ago, Beechender said:

Make your mind up ...

4 minutes ago, McPhee123 said:

Give us Lennon.

🤢

Give us anything that at least goes out trying to beat teams. Robson is a one trick pony. Try to sit back, soak it up & hit on the transition. He fails to realise punting long balls is not transition. He’s got to go. Sick of watching what could be a half decent team, playing half decent football, with the right manager. 

1 hour ago, Dons21 said:

Give us anything that at least goes out trying to beat teams. Robson is a one trick pony. Try to sit back, soak it up & hit on the transition. He fails to realise punting long balls is not transition. He’s got to go. Sick of watching what could be a half decent team, playing half decent football, with the right manager. 

Right from the 1st minute today, punt punt fucking punt 
To hear the media talk (correctly) of AFC as a long ball team makes me very sad.
I know we had it under McInnes too (sometimes) but the long ball is Robson’s modus operandi, it’s not his “go to” method, it’s his fecking only method 

4 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

Surely though with the structure we have in place regarding recruitment etc being down the road with signings doesn't really mean an awful lot regarding Robsons future because they aren't purely his signings. It's all data based stuff and Jordan Miles. Before he fucks off for Leeds of course. 

3 hours ago, CCB III said:

https://twitter.com/plzsoccer/status/1736441951581327860?s=46

"we have no right"

And what, they do?

Honestly the most revolting interview a manager of our great club has ever given. He's a thick, tuechter, pretend weegie bastard. 

If I have to hear that cunt say "we're no" again in my life I'm going to suicide bomb Pittodrie. 

Robson has a losers mentality unfortunately that affects the entire playing staff

Why should they bother when the manager carries a white flag to a cup final

Cannot stay around the club with such a negative attitude 

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Surely though with the structure we have in place regarding recruitment etc being down the road with signings doesn't really mean an awful lot regarding Robsons future because they aren't purely his signings. It's all data based stuff and Jordan Miles. Before he fucks off for Leeds of course. 

No great though if you change a manager and he says i want 4 wingers and you have been looking at central mids for the past 6 months

And if anyone says Mcgrath and Sokler can play wide they can GTF

2 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

No great though if you change a manager and he says i want 4 wingers and you have been looking at central mids for the past 6 months

I thought we'd been looking at wingers though? 

The squad as a whole is actually ok imo. A couple of additions in the right places and I think we are good to go. 

We definitely need 1 or 2 starting quality midfielders. I'd add a left back into that aswell as not convinced that McGarry is the answer. 

2 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

Find it hard to understand why Robson would be looking at signing a puckle of wingers when he tends not to play the ones he has? I don’t recall him ever starting a game with a back 4 and 2 wingers so, being the thrawn fucker that he is, why would he start now?

10 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

We definitely need 1 or 2 starting quality midfielders. I'd add a left back into that aswell as not convinced that McGarry is the answer. 

Difficult to judge McGarry quite yet but I ain’t seeing anything from him, in an attacking sense? Why go to Oz when we could have sourced locally?

Poor man’s Hayden Coulson

Just now, Redforever86 said:

We don’t need a single player to finish third or get a shot on target. We need to use the ones we have better. 

Robson oot.

Agree 100%, we have a very decent squad, a competent manager would easily have them in third, and going by how poor Celtic and the sevcos are this season, should be pushing them aswell.

3 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I thought we'd been looking at wingers though? 

The squad as a whole is actually ok imo. A couple of additions in the right places and I think we are good to go. 

Why would we the whole style of play is based on playing through the middle, that's my issue with the side no width and a clueless manager