Next Manager

2 minutes ago, RUL said:

I don’t think you realise how small a club we really are? We’ve had one decent manager in about 30 years. Chances of us finding someone good are non existent. It’s about finding another one who is competent for a few years. When mcinnes was appointed I think we weren’t exactly buzzing.

I don't think you realise how BIG a club we really are. Hence O'Neill being so desperate to land the job.

Dons fans who don't understand that we are still a high profile club get on my tits. Where are you from?

3 minutes ago, RUL said:

I don’t think you realise how small a club we really are? We’ve had one decent manager in about 30 years. Chances of us finding someone good are non existent. It’s about finding another one who is competent for a few years. When mcinnes was appointed I think we weren’t exactly buzzing.

If I recall, the majority of people on here didn't want McInnes, here's hoping that whoever gets the jobs can do something decent.

Just now, minijc said:

If I recall, the majority of people on here didn't want McInnes, here's hoping that whoever gets the jobs can do something decent.

What did he do that was so great? He did the very bare minimum you'd expect of any manager at our great club.

The continued love affair some reds are having with McInnes is crazy. He was average. No more nor less than that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1
Just now, DeltaRay1903 said:

What did he do that was so great? He did the very bare minimum you'd expect of any manager at our great club.

The continued love affair some reds are having with McInnes is crazy. He was average. No more nor less than that. 

Yeah I'm still wrapped by McInnes mayhem, totally in love with him.  Wake up sweetheart, our club is a shit show right now, if O'Neill doesn't take the job I dread to think where we turn as we are desperate as fuck. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, minijc said:

Yeah I'm still wrapped by McInnes mayhem, totally in love with him.  Wake up sweetheart, our club is a shit show right now, if O'Neill doesn't take the job I dread to think where we turn as we are desperate as fuck. 

Neil Lennon is hanging about like the fat slag at throwing out time at 3am, waiting to be picked up 

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

Aye, he was. Which was quite good.

For me that’s an improvement on most. Footballs changed so much since we were a big club. Fuck me when I started going to games regularly we had a striker who’d just won the European cup. Unthinkable now 

6 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

The utter incompetence from our boards appointments of managers both pre/post McInnes has MASSIVELY exaggerated the true quality of McInnes in the eyes/minds of all simpleton media, pundits & fans.

Jimmy Calderwood was as good, if not a slightly better manager than Mcinnes & would easily have achieved all McInnes did if not more in similar advantageous circumstances to what Mcinnes was blessed with.

O'Neill wouldn't exactly excite me, but he has managed at international level and a high level in England, so in terms of experience and level he's operated at he's streets ahead of anyone we've appointed in recent years (not including Warnock who was just here for a laugh). 

Still hoping it's going to be someone more interesting than him, and not one of the usual suspects or boring names we're always linked with.

• Upvote 2
18 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

I don't think you realise how BIG a club we really are. Hence O'Neill being so desperate to land the job.

Dons fans who don't understand that we are still a high profile club get on my tits. Where are you from?

You are deluded.

we are not a big club, one league cup in 30 years wow

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
1 minute ago, Baps said:

You are deluded.

we are not a big club, one league cup in 30 years wow

Exactly.

I find it amusing when we sign a player or employ a manager and they talk about us being a massive club ffs 🤣

1 minute ago, HaarDon said:

Is anyone at the stage of choosing Lennon over O'Neil?

In the unlikely event it's O'Neill I'd still go to games albeit without much hope of being entertained. If it was Lennon I'd stop going to games. I dare say a lot of other reds would feel the same way. That's why Lennon is an absolute non starter. Even Cormack knows how totally toxic and divisive his appointment would be. 

15 minutes ago, RUL said:

What's quite sad about that thread is seeing all the regular posters who don't post anymore, some of whom were quite entertaining.

What's even sadder is seeing the names of all the folk who are still posting here eleven years later.  Nothing better to do with our lives?  Move on, eh.

• Haha 6
3 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

What's quite sad about that thread is seeing all the regular posters who don't post anymore, some of whom were quite entertaining.

What's even sadder is seeing the names of all the folk who are still posting here eleven years later.  Nothing better to do with our lives?  Move on, eh.

Maybe this can be the appointment which breaks us.