Are You For Or Against The Mcinnes Appoinment? State Your Case.

McInnes. For or against?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the appointment of McInnes?

This poll is closed to new votes

I know it's another thread alongside the couple that are going currently regarding McInnes.

But I'd like to gauge the numbers for this appointment.

Simply state where you stand and reasoning.

I'm a no, but I would love to be proved wrong.

For me he hasn't got the pedigree to push us forward.

And some of his signings whilst at St Johnstone and Bristol City have been questionable.

As has been suggested on other forums, he is not SAF or Mourinho, BUT, when he was last in the SPL he must have done something right to be linked with a few positions down in Englandshire (cannot remember any of our recent managers being touted down south)

I say give him a chance, he has something to prove after being dumped at Bristol, so this might be a good thing for AFC.

I didn't and don't want him, but will support the team and him, and hope it works out well, you never know, it could turn out to be an inspired choice.

Would be good to see a big turnout for his first game, if we can beat Hearts, take a big support down to Tannadump, we could maybe salvage something from a season that promised so much and delivered fuck all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aye thats better , I am for if you are not you are not an aberdeen fan, no matter what he is/stands for

That is utter bollocks. You do not dictate who is and is not an Aberdeen fan.

Should we accept anyone as our manager and we have to support him or we're not real fans? Where do you draw the line?

We should have gone for Greg Carroll.

So basically you are a bigot ?

• Downvote 1

The fact that I'm not happy is because of Adams...

OK.. so you and alot of us want Adams, you go for him, he says na... YOU JUST TAKE THAT FOR AN ANSWER!? ffs, if he's the man you want, you shouldn't take no for an answer and go in and make him a serious offer instead of just going for second choice.

aye thats better , I am for if you are not you are not an aberdeen fan, no matter what he is/stands for

That is utter bollocks. You do not dictate who is and is not an Aberdeen fan.

Should we accept anyone as our manager and we have to support him or we're not real fans? Where do you draw the line?

We should have gone for Greg Carroll.

So basically you are a bigot ?

How so?

Sorry starky but assumed you are anti Mcinnes and a lot of the stuff tonight is basically base bigotry in one form or another, if he is our manager we should get behind him and judge him on results no matter

Sorry starky but assumed you are anti Mcinnes and a lot of the stuff tonight is basically base bigotry in one form or another, if he is our manager we should get behind him and judge him on results no matter

Even if that is / was my stance that i don't want him due to his hun connections i don't think that equates to the definition of bigotry.

I don't think someone who hates a particular football club (or former football club) can be considered a bigot.

I'm against.

NOT because of his Rangers leanings. Nothing to do with that.

It's PURELY due to his managerial ability/style.

I've said it in other posts;

- that horrific run without any goals with St Johnstone

- Record number of consecutive league defeats for Bristol City.

- St Johnstone were dull to watch under him - their football was hard working, functional....kind of Calderwoodesque.

Being balanced;

- He took St J up

- He made them an established, if unspectacular SPL club

- He took over Bristol City when apparently they were cost cutting, reducing the wage bill significantly.

I'll give him the chance to prove me wrong, but I fear it will all end in tears about 3 months into his second full season with us.

The fans I think will be at best 50/50 with the appointment, and if they are dubious about him from the start, if he doesn't start well next season (forget the rest of this season) it won't be long before some are shouting for his removal.

I wish him well

I hope to be proved wrong.

Good luck Derek McInnes

>Sorry starky but assumed you are anti Mcinnes and a lot of the stuff tonight is basically base bigotry in one form or another, if he is our manager we should get behind him and judge him on results no matter

Even if that is / was my stance that i don't want him due to his hun connections i don't think that equates to the definition of bigotry.

I don't think someone who hates a particular football club (or former football club) can be considered a bigot.

In the case of hating the Blue Filth there's nothing 'bigoted' about that.... it's like calling people who hate scum like the NAZIs and the KKK bigots.

Hating bigots isn't bigotry.

• Upvote 1

we all hate ranjurs ......... i despise the cunts........but give someone a chance, or is he poisoned already ?

As Kelt says it's more his pro-Sevco ramblings that really grinds my gears. It is just a foolish appointment by the club which will / already has divided the support.

He will also get a lot less leeway from the fans if he gets of to a bad start.

Will see how he goes i suppose but it is really hard to even give a fuck anymore.

Good luck Derek McInnes

Poor Kev...less than 24 hrs ago you were "nae happy"...now you accept and wish good luck...no wonder Milne thinks he can pull the strokes he does with such forgiving fans...the appointment of McInnes is ridiculous on every level and probably the final throw of the dice from a Chairman who is losing it...desperate times.

Good luck Derek McInnes

Poor Kev...less than 24 hrs ago you were "nae happy"...now you accept and wish good luck...no wonder Milne thinks he can pull the strokes he does with such forgiving fans...the appointment of McInnes is ridiculous on every level and probably the final throw of the dice from a Chairman who is losing it...desperate times.

If you read my whole post, you would surely realise the context in which the "good luck" comment was made.

As in, he'll need it..... (as at least half the fans won't be behind him from the start)

But what exactly do you suggest - set fire to Pittodrie when the press conference is called?

100% behind him.

He's the manager he gets my support. Time for a lot of you anti Rangers brigade to grow up and move on with your lives.

I would hope approximately 99% of the Aberdeen support fall into the category 'Anti-Rangers Brigade'.

Are you suggesting they all just stop supporting Aberdeen when you say 'Grow up and move on with your lives?'

Good luck Derek McInnes

If you read my whole post, you would surely realise the context in which the "good luck" comment was made.

As in, he'll need it..... (as at least half the fans won't be behind him from the start)

But what exactly do you suggest - set fire to Pittodrie when the press conference is called?

Possibly...failing that you could wait outside the front of Pittodrie after the next home game and when Milne hits the public highway launch a haymaker at the cu*t...it would be a great front page in the P&J and make you a local hero to boot...you know it makes sense chief

... :hypno:

• Upvote 1

100% behind him.

He's the manager he gets my support. Time for a lot of you anti Rangers brigade to grow up and move on with your lives.

HH,

Are you one of the 4 that voted for him?

Not having a dig.

Just curious as to your reasons.

You have the floor.......

I voted only because I was told on Tuesday that he had been approached. If he's the manager then that's fine by me. He won't be any worse than Calderwood, McGhee, or Brown. He'll instantly be better than Pele.

Our track record is appalling therefore we have nothing further to lose in appointing McInnes. St Mirren, Livingston and Kilmarnock have all won trophies with lesser squads than us. Maybe McInnes will be the man to turn around our fortunes, maybe he won't however the bottom line is he's got the gig so I'll support him.