Next Manager

3 minutes ago, standfree1978 said:

You mentioned John Candy, not me.

John Hughes however was a far better film director than John Hughes was/is a football manager.

That one flew right over.

Never heard of him. 

John Candy was in both however.

Edit: Don't want this going the way of the toaster chat.

Just now, Millertime said:

But my point is, he plays defensive football because his players are incredibly limited 

I think mini is saying is O'Neil not a stat based manager like the club is being set up to run like, it's a change of direction again. 

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

But my point is, he plays defensive football because his players are incredibly limited 

Yeah and fair play, I'm not saying he shouldn't do that but he doesn't fit what we've said we are looking for in a new manager.  Now that obviously all went out the window when they kept on Robson but this is just another case of us kicking the can down the road.

Just a wee reminder as well, we have a limited squad with the odd talented player scattered through it.

As much as the situation is an utter cluster-fuck, at least Burrows had the baws to answer questions.....it would have been easy to just publish an update statement. 

I can't see it but I really hope te new manager is appointed in time to at least be in the main stand on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Maybe so, but I guess the point is, wouldn't we be better going for someone we know can play attacking football, rather than appointing a manager with a reputation for defensive football and hoping he can turn his hand to attacking football. Didn't we already make that mistake with Goodwin?

26 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

I may stage a dirty protest here in New Orleans if that’s the case. 

i detect a jumbo-laya saying Lennon will be appointed. if we appointed lennon we might Lose-iana"other" bunch of games. if its o'neill i hope the levee we had to pay the NI football association doesnt flood us with debt

• Downvote 1
1 minute ago, ab24_5qh said:

I can't see it but I really hope te new manager is appointed in time to at least be in the main stand on Saturday.

I was hoping this too as County will be well up for this as knowing Don Cowie they will be well up for this if nothing else and for us having the new man in the stand might have got a bit extra out of our lads 

5 minutes ago, minijc said:

Yeah and fair play, I'm not saying he shouldn't do that but he doesn't fit what we've said we are looking for in a new manager.  Now that obviously all went out the window when they kept on Robson but this is just another case of us kicking the can down the road.

Just a wee reminder as well, we have a limited squad with the odd talented player scattered through it.

Agreed on that

3 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Maybe so, but I guess the point is, wouldn't we be better going for someone we know can play attacking football, rather than appointing a manager with a reputation for defensive football and hoping he can turn his hand to attacking football. Didn't we already make that mistake with Goodwin?

I get that, yep

2 minutes ago, madjockmcferson said:

i detect a jumbo-laya saying Lennon will be appointed. if we appointed lennon we might Lose-iana"other" bunch of games. if its o'neill i hope the levee we had to pay the NI football association doesnt flood us with debt

i hope the o-cajun of us appointing a new boss is soon. 

• Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Mini min, O'Neill wasn't one of the three initially interviewed. 

My post still stands.

The three were Arne Friedrich, Jason Kerr and Uwe Rosler.

Jason Kerr ?…the ex St Johnstone defender?……surely not. 

3 minutes ago, vinny de salvo said:

So who was the third?  Friedrich interviewed for manager or sporting director?

Friedrich I put up as a wind up, a few on here knew it was a wind up as I was trying to smoke a couple of people up and true enough it went on twitter.