Next Manager

10 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

This will end up like the Robson Scenario🤔

Leven gets a few results,gets the job permanent...Nothing surprises me anymore at our club...Shambles.

If Leven wins this weekend then it does make sense to leave him in place for now anyway, unless the ideal candidate becomes available.

My only worry though is we’ve had one win h see Leven and people are already thinking we are safe and won’t lose more games.

46 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

If they are employed by another club it is a very awkward time to leave and go to another club . Unless you really are a c*nt and have no respect for your current employers. And I’m not sure anyone wants that type of person. 

Could be a manager at another club that is equally or even worse if a basket case than Aberdeen & the rat wants a lifeboat of sorts.

Or potentially even a semi competent manager at another badly run club with hopeless chairman & the manager knows now is time to leave & Aberdeen is now an actual viable option 

Each view is similar but the second version could actually land us a semi competent one that isn’t the cunt version & more the sensible type

Might depend on tomorrow’s result. Win and the board have wee bit of time to consider options. Get beat and it’s panic mode to appoint ano to take heat off.
  I’d be surprised if they have candidates of the level and stature we need on any shortlist at present. Any decent manager is most likely employed, they ain’t going to jump ship for us.

I'm not sure there's a manager and coaching staff in the world that can drop into this team at this point in the season and substantially improve how they're playing in any consistent fashion. 

Win/Lose/Draw tomorrow and it should still just be Leven until the end of the season so we can actually get the right man in. We'll fluke 2 wins before the end of the season and that will be more than enough.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, 20two20 said:

I'm not sure there's a manager and coaching staff in the world that can drop into this team at this point in the season and substantially improve how they're playing in any consistent fashion. 

Win/Lose/Draw tomorrow and it should still just be Leven until the end of the season so we can actually get the right man in. We'll fluke 2 wins before the end of the season and that will be more than enough.

Both at Hampden :trophy:

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, 20two20 said:

The team finishing 11th has had 36 points more than once.  We need at least 40 to be safe I reckon.

34 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

The team finishing 11th has had 36 points more than once.  We need at least 40 to be safe I reckon.

Even then, St Mirren finished 11th with 41 in 12/13' and that was without Livingston bleeding points to everyone else, so you're right enough.

10 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Noticed the EE ran an article with the Rijeka gaffer saying he’s got 0 interest in the Aberdeen job & claiming no contact has been made anyway. Not sure if there ever was concrete interest or if it was picked up from here.

What a giganticly pointless article then 

• Haha 2

I initially thought that Burrows's appointment was a positive move by the board but, after listening to what he didn't have to say yesterday, I have to say, per my opinion of Cormack, you cannot firmly believe anything he says.

We are not only looking for a new manager we are possibly requiring a new board too.

As for a new manager being appointed anytime soon I doubt it.

We can only hope that Leven and the team secure a victory tomorrow and avoid a really shite situation getting shiter.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Woolenrouge said:

11th place points for the last 20 years:

41 - 1 (2012/13)

40 - 1 (2007/08)

37 - 1 (2006/07)

36 - 4

35 - 3

34 - 3

33 - 5

32 - 2

Working from home...

So two wins would take us above the average......lets hope we get one tomorrow (and that this is an average year).

• Admin
20 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

At least we now know where the jug eared buffoon comes up with his scoops 😂

Chris Harvey's a decent loon. He did a broadcasted tour of the STV News offices where the camera followed him to his desk and on his monitor he had The Hat's rumour forum on his screen as part of the bit.

Which puts him far ahead of Tam Cowan and Stuart Cosgrove that wrongly named checked "The Aberdeen Mad Forum" on Off The Ball for the gassy erotica thread.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3
1 minute ago, Bebo said:

Chris Harvey's a decent loon. He did a broadcasted tour of the STV News offices where the camera followed him to his desk and on his monitor he had The Hat's rumour forum on his screen as part of the bit.

Which puts him far ahead of Tam Cowan and Stuart Cosgrove that wrongly named checked "The Aberdeen Mad Forum" on Off The Ball for the gassy erotica thread.

He was also leading the picket line yesterday. Good egg imho

• Upvote 1